Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sochi Russia Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 22, 17, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

I have not seen a review of the Sochi Hyatt Regency, which opened in 2014, so here is a review of the property based on a recent visit. The property is located directly on the Black Sea in downtown Sochi and is one of a string of hotels/condos that run along the coast. Most hotels were built for the 2012 Winter Olympics. The building is 22 stories high, with private apartments on floors 15-22 and the hotel occupying the lower floors. One side faces the sea, while the other faces the City and hills. Ask for a sea view room and you'll get a stunning view of the Black Sea. All rooms have balconies and floor to ceiling windows. I used a DSU on a C&P rate and was upgraded to a very large corner suite on the 14th floor with striking views of the sea, City, and hills. I believe it is the same suite shown on the website. The room has two TVs (which automatically turn off every few hours and require you to turn them back on), electric blinds, two bathrooms, a large balcony on two sides, a living room with dining table, good Wi-Fi, etc. Needless to say, I was extremely happy with the room. A moderately sized club is also located on the 14th floor, and serves booze and appetizers each evening. Breakfast is not served in the club, so Globs (and I believe all other hotel guests) take a free, well-stocked buffet breakfast in the first floor restaurant. The hotel bar is open 24/7. Most guests are Russians. Except for a few other guests, we were the only ones speaking English. However, there are some English-speaking staff who can answer questions or concerns. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. No complaints at all. The hotel provides transportation to and from airport (a 30-minute ride) for $40.00. Less expensive options are taxis, city bus, and I think a train. Besides a large pool area, spa, and a private beach (very small), there is a fitness center on the ground floor. The beaches in the area have a rocky surface so guests opted for the pool. As the hotel sits 150-200 yards from the water, you can walk down the hill to a lengthy boardwalk which runs along the coastline. There are also restaurants, shops, and bars within easy walking distance. Sochi is a smaller city with a great climate, scenery, and friendly locals. It is not easy to get to -- either through Moscow on SU or S7 or a short TK redeye from Istanbul -- but definitely worth a visit.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: