Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Booking 3 one-night stays instead of 1 three-night stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*

I am trying to book a Hyatt property and noticed if I search for one night stays the rate is much lower than booking one three-night stay. I called the property and was told just to book the one night stays and that they would fix it at check in, but that I wouldn't need to move each night.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Happens often, not only with Hyatt, when one of the nights is priced higher then others and the system just shows the higher price on all other nights.

Always good to check individual night rates for this very reason.

Originally Posted by goldengate
I am trying to book a Hyatt property and noticed if I search for one night stays the rate is much lower than booking one three-night stay. I called the property and was told just to book the one night stays and that they would fix it at check in, but that I wouldn't need to move each night.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:01 pm

I often do that. It also protects you from dynamic pricing. You can cancel individual nights without touching the others.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Thank you... and you don't have to change rooms each night?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
No

At checkin if the FD doesn’t see the back to back nights and automatically link them for one stay just mention it and it will be done without any problems.

Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Believe me, I have done this on dozens of stays to save money and maintain maximum flexibility for short term contracts. Never had a problem.

Good Travels.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
You can call hyatt and ask them to combine the 3 reservations into one. It’s easily done. It helps in case they block you into a room.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all!!! This is saving me a lot of $$$ so happy it's OK to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.