Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old May 31, 2019, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

I tweeted Hyatt after check in but before I knew the terms, an executive team member reached out to me with a specialty king view room. One hell of a view now even tho I feel like a dick about it but it will make my 6 night stay significantly better
Do you happen to remember if this room had a bathtub in it?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Aventine
There were no baths in any of the rooms I had.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:10 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I just checked in here for 6 nights on points, as a Globalist, they gave me a standard room and told me they do not give upgrades on points. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of, considering the heaps of praise I read on this forum and on TA.

I’m calling BS. And all room categories are available for sale.
If you read "heaps of praise" then perhaps you have selective reading. I think my review was fairly balanced (some pluses and some minuses), rather than "heaps of praise". Especially as regards with room upgrades:

suites were ready and I confirmed they were available on hyatt.com. Unfortunately I did not receive a suite upgrade as a Globalist. I rarely stay at Hyatt Place anywhere in the world so correct me if I am wrong but I think suite upgrades are not a published Globalist benefit at HP, unlike Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt, etc. so I did not think I was entitled to a suite therefore I did not say anything at check-in regarding the lack of suite upgrade.
Overall I recommend this hotel for travelers on a budget who do not require a 5-star hotel. However as a general rule, Bangkok is a city where the extra cost of a 5-star hotel over a 4-star hotel is not that much, which is why more often than not I do not want to stay in a hotel like HP in the city, even though HP is priced quite well relative to competitors such as Aloft, 4P, and DT. In addition, if you have elite status in a hotel chain (Hyatt or other), it makes even more sense to stay at a full service hotel where you have good odds of a suite upgrade and where you will have lounge access.
I tried Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit earlier this month and as Globalist I received a very nice suite upgrade. So you can pay 4-5k THB at HR and have good odds of a suite upgrade for a room that costs 10-12 THB. Or save money and stay at HP for 2-3k HP and what you get is what you pay for. So it all depends if you want to minimize your out of pocket costs (cash or points) or if you want to maximize bang for your buck. After seeing HR myself, I continue to think that as Globalist you will get value at HR and GH, but value is more modest at HP. It's a better deal for non-Globalists to HP.

That said, I do agree with you that it is questionable to make a distinction between cash stays and points stays when considering to upgrade a guest to a specialty room or not, but it is what it is.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There were no baths in any of the rooms I had.
Thanks for replying.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Aventine
The only rooms with bathtubs I can recall would be the xx07 basic suites (facing soi 24). I never stayed in the rooms above the bar/deck however they are specialty suites and I'd assume they also have a bathtub.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Hawaiian, Hyatt, United
I recently stayed at this HP for 3 weeks. I had a Specialty King with floor to ceiling windows.
It was my Oasis in the city.
Nothing fancy, but lots of space and that view... oh! That view. I was bedazzled by it every single day.
I did miss having the tub... but it was a small price to pay.
I changed rooms twice (3 rooms total) because I wanted a higher floor.
I first got room 501. the view was okay but being on the 5th floor is not great. No expansive views.
I then was switched to the 12th floor.
Warning, the windows on this floor's specialty King are NOT Floor to ceiling. They are waist to ceiling.
While the view was better than the 5th floor I was VERY disappointed that the view was cut off.
My final, and most. wonderful room, was on the 18th floor.
I was a bit worried that above me on the 19th floor was the gym... but I never once heard a thump.
The view .... did I mention the view?

As a Globalist I was treated to 4 drink coupons which I never used.
The front desk was friendly and helpful.
My only complaint was that on my checkout day, the chauffeur for my car service checked in with the front desk.
They never called me to tell me he was there, and when I went downstairs to check out, I asked if the car service had checked in with them and they said no.
I waited over 40 minutes in the valet entrance, looking at (what I later learned was) my car...
He had been waiting since an hour before my pickup time. Had checked in with the front desk... and then nothing. A HUGE lapse in an otherwise lovely stay.

Because I was there for work I only had breakfast on 2 days off but it was great. Crowded, but great. the room they serve breakfast in is light filled. There is a wait during certain peak hours but it was never very long.

I appreciated the grab and go in the lobby on a couple of occasions, but as an american, I found some of the choices very odd. oh well.

Although no room service was available, you could order items off of the menu and pick them up at the front desk. Since I didn't need room service, this was not an issue for me, though I did order the hamburger on two occasions and it was delicious.

The location was great, a 5 minute walk to two great shopping areas and the BTS.
The restaurants surrounding were fantastic
There were multiple low and high end spas within a short walk as well.

I would definitely stay here again.

Last edited by waiwai; Dec 2, 2019 at 10:48 am Reason: adding details
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by waiwai
Yes, you mentioned it a few times...but you did not share any pictures.

Thanks for the review though! Sounds like a good option for a long stay.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently stayed at this HP for 3 weeks. I had a Specialty King with floor to ceiling windows.
It was my Oasis in the city.
Nothing fancy, but lots of space and that view... oh! That view. I was bedazzled by it every single day.
I did miss having the tub... but it was a small price to pay.
I changed rooms twice (3 rooms total) because I wanted a higher floor.
I first got room 501. the view was okay but being on the 5th floor is not great. No expansive views.
I then was switched to the 12th floor.
Warning, the windows on this floor's specialty King are NOT Floor to ceiling. They are waist to ceiling.
While the view was better than the 5th floor I was VERY disappointed that the view was cut off.
My final, and most. wonderful room, was on the 18th floor.
I was a bit worried that above me on the 19th floor was the gym... but I never once heard a thump.

The front desk was friendly and helpful.
My only complaint was that on my checkout day, the chauffeur for my car service checked in with the front desk.
They never called me to tell me he was there, and when I went downstairs to check out, I asked if the car service had checked in with them and they said no.
I waited over 40 minutes in the valet entrance, looking at (what I later learned was) my car...
He had been waiting since an hour before my pickup time. Had checked in with the front desk... and then nothing. A HUGE lapse in an otherwise lovely stay.

Because I was there for work I only had breakfast on 2 days off but it was great. Crowded, but great. the room they serve breakfast in is light filled. There is a wait during certain peak hours but it was never very long.

I appreciated the grab and go in the lobby on a couple of occasions, but as an american, I found some of the choices very odd. oh well.

Although no room service was available, you could order items off of the menu and pick them up at the front desk. Since I didn't need room service, this was not an issue for me, though I did order the hamburger on two occasions and it was delicious.

The location was great, a 5 minute walk to two great shopping areas and the BTS.
The restaurants surrounding were fantastic
There were multiple low and high end spas within a short walk as well.

I would definitely stay here again.
A very nice amount of points with the current promo too!
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hawaiian, Hyatt, United
Awesome stay in Bangkok

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Yes, you mentioned it a few times...but you did not share any pictures.

Thanks for the review though! Sounds like a good option for a long stay.
I intend to share pics...
I took several time lapses of the sunset.
im having trouble uploading

Last edited by waiwai; Dec 2, 2019 at 8:13 pm Reason: Adding ohotos
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:50 pm

Thanks! Wow that does look fantastic and probably even better in person too!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That's too bad. The ~270-degree rooftop bar is one of the best features of the hotel.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
They now cancelled all reservations up until March 1 2021. Hotel is apparently closed until then.

A week ago they showed the hotel opening on January 2 2021, I guess they had a change of heart.
tjae likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 6:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
They now cancelled all reservations up until March 1 2021. Hotel is apparently closed until then.

A week ago they showed the hotel opening on January 2 2021, I guess they had a change of heart.
Did they move existing reservations to a higher-level hotel such as HR or GH? This was a nice gesture done by other hotels such as DT which moved me to Conrad a few months ago. Or they just flat out cancelled?
tjae likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 5:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

They're advertising themselves as an ASQ hotel. Will be interesting to see if they've also pulled out!
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
They're advertising themselves as an ASQ hotel. Will be interesting to see if they've also pulled out!
Oh really? That might be the reason then why they are not open for regular sales anymore. In any case right now the hotel is closed, I'm staying across the street at the Hilton and have a good view of it right now.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.