Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 17, 17, 9:22 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE

http://investors.hyatt.com/investor-...n/default.aspx
Additional images: http://sbkg.jp/english/portfolio/detail_1.php

Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay, Hyatt's first Hyatt Place branded hotel in Japan, is slated to open in 2019. It will be located 4 km from Tokyo Disney Resort in Urayasu, Chiba (approximate location here). The 10-story hotel will offer 365 guestrooms including two suites, 1,900 square feet (180 square meters) of meeting space, an all-day dining facility, and a 24-hour gym.
Old Oct 17, 17, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No indoor pool? Most HPs seem to have one.
Old Oct 17, 17, 11:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

2 suites? That's laughable.
Old Sep 18, 18, 6:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The hotel is showing on the app now.
Old Oct 25, 18, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Opening July 2019.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...okyo-bay/nrtzt
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:01 pm

Woohoo! Thanks for posting this. Do we know if they will offer a shuttle to the parks?
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey View Post
Woohoo! Thanks for posting this. Do we know if they will offer a shuttle to the parks?
Not announced, but I would expect that they will.
Old Dec 31, 18, 3:37 am
Suspended

Wonder whether this will be a Cat 2 or Cat 3. Guess would be 3. Cat 2 would be some insane value.
Old Dec 31, 18, 3:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
Wonder whether this will be a Cat 2 or Cat 3. Guess would be 3. Cat 2 would be some insane value.
My guess would be Cat 3 or 4.
Old Dec 31, 18, 3:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
My guess would be Cat 3 or 4.
Cat 4 seems rich given that HR Tokyo is Cat 3. And I can't see Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay cash rates even approaching what the HR Tokyo asks for.
Old Apr 13, 19, 2:46 pm

Open for booking now it is indeed a cat 4 free shuttle to the parks. Opening offer if 3000 yen F/B credit and 1k points opening July 1st ATM could get pushed up. Rates for july are under 200 with the memeber rate as well so thats not to bad.
Old Jun 27, 19, 7:36 am

They're officially opening July 1st. Here are some photos from their media day.

https://www.fashionsnap.com/article/2019-06-27/hyatt-place/
Old Jun 27, 19, 5:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy PLT, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
It is quite a jaunt from the station, so I would recommend always using the shuttle. I walked from the Shin Urasayu station last month to check it out. I will try to stay there a night in July.
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:45 am

Just stayed here. Photos if it will allow me to add them.
The staff is definitely still being trained (which isn't an issue for me). I was informed globalists are not eligible for upgrade (I didn't ask) but they "upgraded" me anyway - which I suppose I received the "better view" kind of upgrade.

Despite just opening, there's surprisingly few people here. The hotel is quite empty. I was expecting it to be busy - but as others have mentioned, the category and location probably are downers.

Can confirm it is a hike from the station. I took the local bus from the station, as over half an hour walk didn't seem as appealing with suitcases. There is a free shuttle to Disneyland, so perhaps you're best off taking that and connecting on that metro... This hotel I would say is designed for those with families whose almost sole purpose is a Disneyland trip, or for Japanese tourists (with the same in mind). I don't personally ever see this hotel "filling up" but perhaps that's me - it's nice enough, but for future stays I'll definitely elect a stay at one of the other Hyatts in town.

Breakfast included (I believe for all based on when I booked it mentioned that). And of course, no other glob benefits in sight (check in bonuses, of course no lounge, evening cocktails, etc).

My corporate rate saved me approx 2000 yen, so it's somewhat laughable, and they absolutely verified it, which I'm not used to at a HP, even the HRT I don't think has ever asked. Just thought it was funny.

Can't beat the rate compared to the other Hyatts in town, though. I wish Hyatt would open a NRT location..

Also the hundreds of orchids up front I'm assuming for opening day are phenomenal! ​​​​

Last edited by Essendonfooty; Jul 4, 19 at 2:50 am Reason: Adding photos!
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:51 am

Some photos..!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: