Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (was Hyatt Place) Tokyo Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (was Hyatt Place) Tokyo Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 0nFire
Thank you for a quick reply! Is there a price calendar for hyatt? Hilton has it for example. But I can't seem to find one on Hyatt website.
How do you know the price for each night during the month? You check every night manually?
I want to know too.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I want to know too.
Check every night manually.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Check every night manually.
Argh! That's annoying!
Old Apr 7, 2020, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per a follower of mine on Twitter, Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay will suspend all operations from April 13th through May 10th.

EDIT: Hotel website link:
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...zt/news-events

Last edited by hailstorm; Apr 8, 2020 at 5:32 am Reason: Added link
Old May 13, 2020, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel remains closed throughout May. No firm date yet for resumption of service.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel is closed indefinitely. You cannot make a reservation for any date.

Tokyo Disney Resort reopens tomorrow, but only for those with advance reservations until at least September. Under those conditions, I think it's unlikely the hotel will resume operations this year.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Tokyo Disney Resort reopens tomorrow, but only for those with advance reservations until at least September. Under those conditions, I think it's unlikely the hotel will resume operations this year.
A pity, but I guess they are totally dependent on a good share of Disney visitors to make the location work.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A pity, but I guess they are totally dependent on a good share of Disney visitors to make the location work.
At the rates they were offering before, I would totally stay for a month right now. Would make a great place for a workcation/mattress run while teleworking remains an option.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
At the rates they were offering before, I would totally stay for a month right now. Would make a great place for a workcation/mattress run while teleworking remains an option.
I had been thinking about some time away from home there as well. But I never got beyond thinking about, so I never checked any details.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold

Well that sucks, we enjoyed the room and rooftop bar.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know why this hotel remains closed. Sure, Disney park occupancy remains limited and requires a reservation, but literally every hotel has been packed over the recent four day weekend, and people from Tokyo will be able to use the Go To Travel campaign for a staycation from October 1st. And the outdoor rooftop bar is perfect for the age of corona.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:40 am

I don't know why this hotel remains closed. Sure, Disney park occupancy remains limited and requires a reservation, but literally every hotel has been packed over the recent four day weekend, and people from Tokyo will be able to use the Go To Travel campaign for a staycation from October 1st. And the outdoor rooftop bar is perfect for the age of corona.
I hope they open by next year! .
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I hope they open by next year! .
Received this message today from the Front Office Manager:

Thank you for your continuous support for Hyatt hotel and resorts.

In light of current ongoing situation of COVID-19, guided by our purpose to care for our guests and colleagues, Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay has made the difficult decision to extend the hotel’s temporary closure until further notice. During this period, the hotel will not accept any room reservations. Also, the restaurant, bar and other services, and confirmed events will be cancelled.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor your upcoming reservations and they, therefore, will be cancelled without penalty. If your reservation requires a pre-payment, we will process the refund as soon as possible.

We will offer you same condition reservation for future reservation which you would like to book.

We know this is disruptive for you, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Should you require further assistance, please contact us directly or the nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center.

We sincerely thank you for your understanding and support.
My reservation was for March. So...looks like they aren't coming back anytime soon.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received this message today from the Front Office Manager:

My reservation was for March. So...looks like they aren't coming back anytime soon.
I wonder if it will return to the land of the living hotels eventually, or it has just reached the end of life prematurely?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:21 am

Wow cancelling four months out. Yet they keep posting on social media.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.