Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Washington DC The Wharf - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Washington DC The Wharf - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by gbdbld
They proactively upgraded me without me asking. Very friendly front desk agents.
hmm, someone from the hotel just told me that they wouldn’t be able to upgrade me, since this Explorist/Globalist benefit doesn’t apply at Hyatt House properties. Do you think it could still happen anyways?
Old May 29, 2022, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Perry Raskin
hmm, someone from the hotel just told me that they wouldn’t be able to upgrade me, since this Explorist/Globalist benefit doesn’t apply at Hyatt House properties. Do you think it could still happen anyways?
During check in yes. I’m not surprised that the hotel won’t upgrade in advance
Old May 29, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt
for a busy weekend i assume they wouldn’t be able to. July 4th weekend for example. Lol
Old May 29, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Perry Raskin
for a busy weekend i assume they wouldn’t be able to. July 4th weekend for example. Lol
Unfortunately yes . I stayed in January when the hotel was pretty much empty.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:57 pm

Agree
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Thinking of booking a weekend staycation in DC in August to burn a cat 1-4 cert. The pool here makes me think this might be the best choice? If not here then maybe the GH, but it doesn’t have a pool or a spa. I’m a baby Globalist, so maybe I’d get a better room at the GH. It’s a birthday weekend so I’d like to pamper myself a bit . We’re having dinner at Metier Saturday night.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by murphy
Thinking of booking a weekend staycation in DC in August to burn a cat 1-4 cert. The pool here makes me think this might be the best choice? If not here then maybe the GH, but it doesn’t have a pool or a spa. I’m a baby Globalist, so maybe I’d get a better room at the GH. It’s a birthday weekend so I’d like to pamper myself a bit . We’re having dinner at Metier Saturday night.
You’ll very likely get nothing extra at the GH. I only stay there for proximity to the office. The Wharf is a great area and the HH is really quite nice.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by murphy
Originally Posted by dpb132
You’ll very likely get nothing extra at the GH. I only stay there for proximity to the office. The Wharf is a great area and the HH is really quite nice.
GH will give a suite if one is available, if you ask, but it's still nothing fancy and I think I would much rather spend a birthday weekend at the Wharf than by CityCentre. Downtown on a weekend ain't great.

HH pool is small and shared with Canopy I think? but still better than no pool at GH.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:31 am

Thanks folks, Hyatt House it is.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:54 am

Had a very nice stay here this weekend. I booked a base king room with points for one night and a cert for the other. Got upgraded to a riverfront king, which was small but had two walls of windows with a really great view. I would rather have that room than most of the suites. The pool really is small but wasn’t too crowded, and it was nice way to relax on a hot afternoon. They honored my 4pm late checkout request with no fuss.

I don’t really understand why they put a Hyatt House at this location. Seems like a better fit for a Centric or an Andaz, but I suppose I wouldn’t be able to book those with a cert. Still, I might try the Intercontinental next time.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:52 pm

Is the valet parking complimentary for Globalists on award stays here?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Is the valet parking complimentary for Globalists on award stays here?
Yes.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Had an okay but not great one-night stay here. Problem was they were sold out (as were many places in town) and thus seemed stretched to their limits: out of bottled water (though they nicely offered any beverages/snacks from the pantry instead), dishes in the room were quite dirty and housekeeping generally seemed a little sloppy, the bar was closed (I was told I could go the bar at the neighboring canopy hotel instead), no omelet bar at breakfast (or whatever they used to have here where you get eggs at the little window -- just crappy powder/similar eggs in a pan instead), and the kicker was that I was flat-out told I couldn't have a 4pm check out because they were fully booked the next night. I said "but it's guaranteed" and the front desk agent kept shaking her head and saying the best she could do was 3:00. This obviously stressed her out so I dealt with it. I will send a note in the survey if I get one and send in a complaint if I don't.

Overall the Wharf area keeps getting more and more popular, so I imagine that this place is figuring out that it can drop service standards and keep occupancy high. And the rate ($236 for a proper suite with a separate living room and a kitchen) was good considering the alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.