Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Washington DC The Wharf - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt House Washington DC The Wharf - MASTER THREAD

Old May 29, 22, 5:44 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Programs: Hyatt
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by gbdbld View Post
They proactively upgraded me without me asking. Very friendly front desk agents.
hmm, someone from the hotel just told me that they wouldn’t be able to upgrade me, since this Explorist/Globalist benefit doesn’t apply at Hyatt House properties. Do you think it could still happen anyways?
Perry Raskin is offline  
Old May 29, 22, 5:46 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MCO
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by Perry Raskin View Post
hmm, someone from the hotel just told me that they wouldn’t be able to upgrade me, since this Explorist/Globalist benefit doesn’t apply at Hyatt House properties. Do you think it could still happen anyways?
During check in yes. I’m not surprised that the hotel won’t upgrade in advance
gbdbld is offline  
Old May 29, 22, 5:50 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Programs: Hyatt
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by gbdbld View Post
During check in yes. I’m not surprised that the hotel won’t upgrade in advance
for a busy weekend i assume they wouldn’t be able to. July 4th weekend for example. Lol
Perry Raskin is offline  
Old May 29, 22, 5:52 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MCO
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by Perry Raskin View Post
for a busy weekend i assume they wouldn’t be able to. July 4th weekend for example. Lol
Unfortunately yes . I stayed in January when the hotel was pretty much empty.
gbdbld is offline  
Old May 29, 22, 9:57 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by gbdbld View Post
During check in yes. I’m not surprised that the hotel won’t upgrade in advance

Agree
ProjectSunburst is offline  
Old Jul 26, 22, 6:14 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: Hyatt (baby) Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Posts: 1,781
Thinking of booking a weekend staycation in DC in August to burn a cat 1-4 cert. The pool here makes me think this might be the best choice? If not here then maybe the GH, but it doesn’t have a pool or a spa. I’m a baby Globalist, so maybe I’d get a better room at the GH. It’s a birthday weekend so I’d like to pamper myself a bit . We’re having dinner at Metier Saturday night.
murphy is online now  
Old Jul 26, 22, 8:08 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TUS
Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
Thinking of booking a weekend staycation in DC in August to burn a cat 1-4 cert. The pool here makes me think this might be the best choice? If not here then maybe the GH, but it doesn’t have a pool or a spa. I’m a baby Globalist, so maybe I’d get a better room at the GH. It’s a birthday weekend so I’d like to pamper myself a bit . We’re having dinner at Metier Saturday night.
You’ll very likely get nothing extra at the GH. I only stay there for proximity to the office. The Wharf is a great area and the HH is really quite nice.
dpb132 is offline  
Old Jul 26, 22, 8:45 pm
  #23  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Posts: 5,884
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
Thinking of booking a weekend staycation in DC in August to burn a cat 1-4 cert. The pool here makes me think this might be the best choice? If not here then maybe the GH, but it doesn’t have a pool or a spa. I’m a baby Globalist, so maybe I’d get a better room at the GH. It’s a birthday weekend so I’d like to pamper myself a bit . We’re having dinner at Metier Saturday night.
Originally Posted by dpb132 View Post
You’ll very likely get nothing extra at the GH. I only stay there for proximity to the office. The Wharf is a great area and the HH is really quite nice.
GH will give a suite if one is available, if you ask, but it's still nothing fancy and I think I would much rather spend a birthday weekend at the Wharf than by CityCentre. Downtown on a weekend ain't great.

HH pool is small and shared with Canopy I think? but still better than no pool at GH.
platbrownguy is offline  
Old Jul 27, 22, 5:31 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: Hyatt (baby) Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Posts: 1,781
Thanks folks, Hyatt House it is.
murphy is online now  
Old Aug 29, 22, 5:54 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: Hyatt (baby) Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Posts: 1,781
Had a very nice stay here this weekend. I booked a base king room with points for one night and a cert for the other. Got upgraded to a riverfront king, which was small but had two walls of windows with a really great view. I would rather have that room than most of the suites. The pool really is small but wasn’t too crowded, and it was nice way to relax on a hot afternoon. They honored my 4pm late checkout request with no fuss.

I don’t really understand why they put a Hyatt House at this location. Seems like a better fit for a Centric or an Andaz, but I suppose I wouldn’t be able to book those with a cert. Still, I might try the Intercontinental next time.
murphy is online now  
Old Aug 29, 22, 3:52 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 4,236
Is the valet parking complimentary for Globalists on award stays here?
JetAway is offline  
Old Aug 29, 22, 5:24 pm
  #27  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Posts: 5,884
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Is the valet parking complimentary for Globalists on award stays here?
Yes.
platbrownguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread