Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WOH 20 Nights Promo NOT Valid for Existing Globalists???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WOH 20 Nights Promo NOT Valid for Existing Globalists???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum
Am I the only one out here thinking three words: CLASS, ACTION, SUIT ?!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DOS ALTO
Am I the only one out here thinking three words: CLASS, ACTION, SUIT ?!
You waited 8 yrs to post it so it must be smth truly outrageous to trigger it
notquiteaff and synd like this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

I hate lawsuits but would seriously consider filing a small claim against them in order to get all of the money back I spent expecting Globalist status into 2019 as a result of their fraudulent claims... You can't just make an offer to people, have them accept it, then pull the rug out from under them.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
I hate lawsuits but would seriously consider filing a small claim against them in order to get all of the money back I spent expecting Globalist status into 2019 as a result of their fraudulent claims... You can't just make an offer to people, have them accept it, then pull the rug out from under them.
Send 'World of Hyatt Concierge' a nice, calm PM with the link to the promo, mentioning that you fall into the category of "Globalist with tier expiration in February 2018," which is listed specifically in the table on that page as being eligible. There's a 99% chance that they'll actually take the time to read the page and get this resolved, no problem.

On a side note, when you attempted to register for this promo, it was before September 30th, right?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Well, I am not a current Globalist -- I was a Discoverist when the promo started. Next month I have a stay where I will get my 29th night credit of the year, and 13th night credit under the promo, and I will feel much better when I get my welcome to explorists email after that stay as that must mean I am good to go for the globalist after a stay that gets me up to 21 nights under the promo mid-December. And the thing is, the promo is doing what it was meant to do in my case -- I've been an occasional 2-3 weeks of leisure, 2-3 weeks of work travel a year - leaning towards Hyatts but being fairly free-agent, then I get aware of the whole program, find flyertalk, get the credit card, sign up for the promo, and lo and behold with my expected globalist status giving me free breakfasts, waived resort fees, chances at upgrades, etc, I have now already booked 57 nights next year by moving all my travel to Hyatts, increasing my leisure travel a bit (and excited to be doing that) and orienting my flexible work travel towards where Hyatt nights are to be had while shunning those where they aren't. Without the promo, and glob status expected, I would be much less inclined to do anything beyond the easy 30 nights.

So I am assuming I am still good to go and won't be joining the lawsuit. But, if there was ever a reason to call a company out, this is it.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Send 'World of Hyatt Concierge' a nice, calm PM with the link to the promo, mentioning that you fall into the category of "Globalist with tier expiration in February 2018," which is listed specifically in the table on that page as being eligible. There's a 99% chance that they'll actually take the time to read the page and get this resolved, no problem.

On a side note, when you attempted to register for this promo, it was before September 30th, right?
Yes I registered in August, RIGHT after getting the email offer.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
#SMH

Where is @World of Hyatt Concierge ?!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:20 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Promotion Clarification

This was a miscommunication by a hotel representative. We have responded to guest internally to explain. Please refer to the promotional page mentioned for all terms and conditions. The bold print is referring to any guest who may have registered and completed another promotion that has earned them Globalist through February 2019 already. The offer would be null as they have already earned the benefits. Please feel free to message us with any direct questions and we are happy to answer or clarify. Again, we apologize for the miscommunication offered.

^World of Hyatt Concierge

What a joke of a company. The chart is clear, and the terms were also clear. If this is true, we have been defrauded: literally lied to in effort to get our money. I have spent thousands of dollars as a result of "accepting" this offer and receiving a response saying I was registered.

Absolutely disgusting.
aviators99 and gourmand73 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
This was a miscommunication by a hotel representative. We have responded to guest internally to explain. Please refer to the promotional page mentioned for all terms and conditions. The bold print is referring to any guest who may have registered and completed another promotion that has earned them Globalist through February 2019 already. The offer would be null as they have already earned the benefits. Please feel free to message us with any direct questions and we are happy to answer or clarify. Again, we apologize for the miscommunication offered.

^World of Hyatt Concierge
Thank you for clarifying and I will respond to you in PM. However, I still think there is something fishy going on for these reasons:

1. In addition to the written statement sent to me telling me I'm not eligible, another FTer (above) claims that they were told the same thing verbally yesterday, and this involved a supervisor.
2. Others have reported getting "Congrats you made Explorist"-type emails after hitting 10 nights thru the promo. I did NOT get this - and this is why I emailed in the first place.

I suspect there conflicting information circulating among WOH staff...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:25 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Others have reported getting "Congrats you made Explorist"-type emails after hitting 10 nights thru the promo. I did NOT get this - and this is why I emailed in the first place.
I'm currently a Glob, and I wouldn't expect a "you made Exp" email based on this promo. If I have zero stays at Hyatt this year, I will be Exp next year. This promo does nothing for me unless I hit the 20 nights.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:48 am

Sounds like Chase and Hyatt may be thinking and talking at cross purposes.

And the WOH Concierge post is somewhat obtuse and doesn't really clarify things.

It seems that Chase intended this to be a "lite" re-qualification promo and some at Hyatt don't see it that way.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JetAway
Sounds like Chase and Hyatt may be thinking and talking at cross purposes.

And the WOH Concierge post is somewhat obtuse and doesn't really clarify things.

It seems that Chase intended this to be a "lite" re-qualification promo and some at Hyatt don't see it that way.
Chase doesn't dictate the terms of promotional offers for their partners.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
Chase doesn't dictate the terms of promotional offers for their partners.
I didn't say "dictate." Read my post a little more closely. Chase most certainly signs off on promos connected with their products.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Globalist here who will not requalify for 2018. After learning of this promo, I considered going for a "lite" requalification and did register, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it to me.
I truly hope that this is resolved in the OP's favor, but even if it is, this just reaffirms for me the wisdom of my decision--who wants to deal with this continuing rubbish?
notquiteaff and UAuhoh like this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:34 am

Thank you for clarifying and I will respond to you in PM. However, I still think there is something fishy going on for these reasons:

1. In addition to the written statement sent to me telling me I'm not eligible, another FTer (above) claims that they were told the same thing verbally yesterday, and this involved a supervisor.
2. Others have reported getting "Congrats you made Explorist"-type emails after hitting 10 nights thru the promo. I did NOT get this - and this is why I emailed in the first place.

I suspect there conflicting information circulating among WOH staff...
Please do report back if / when this is resolved. I'm a current globalist who had move some leisure stay around the holidays to take advantage of this promo. If there's going to be an issue, well, those nights can be moved back elsewhere.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.