Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

So I just hit 60 nights....where is the private concierge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Have just hit 60+ nights does anyone know how to get a Hyatt concierge? This is a publicly stated benefit so would hope it is fairly simple.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
When I hit Globalist last month I got contacted about a week later via e-email from my newly assigned Private Concierge. I had done nothing to try and get one assigned.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:07 am
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
I'd be happy to help. Please PM us your details and I can certainly pass this along to the team who handles it.

Rebecca S
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pingtung
When I hit Globalist last month I got contacted about a week later via e-email from my newly assigned Private Concierge. I had done nothing to try and get one assigned.
Thanks for letting me know. I know others here on FT had a hard time getting a private concierge. Have you availed.of the service? What types of service can they provide?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:21 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I know others here on FT had a hard time getting a private concierge.
I inquired half-a-dozen times and kept getting the runaround. It was frustrating. As it ends up, I had the concierge service all along (from the first day they offered it, years ago). In your case, World of Hyatt Concierge (here on FT) posted that they'll look into the matter for you. IME, that crucial step was the winning combination which eventually solved the issue. My "Step 6" is your "Step 1", so I think you're well on the way to completing the task.
Have you availed.of the service? What types of service can they provide?
Y'know how sometimes you get a good agent, and sometimes you get a GREAT agent? Well, the concierge service gives you a GREAT agent, every time. It's also super-convenient to transact business via email, text, tweet, etc. Of course you can still use the phone, same as before.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for letting me know. I know others here on FT had a hard time getting a private concierge. Have you availed.of the service? What types of service can they provide?
I have not actually utilized their services yet so don't know how helpful/different it will be compared with the standard agents. I have some stays over in Asia coming up in a few weeks, so if I end up with a Presidential Suite or something then maybe I'll think differently I suppose I should probably build up a rapport first...
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

That's right I knew it was you cloudcoder just couldn't remember in my old age!
Well I hope they quickly push through as I have reservations I will need their help with. Let's report back here on our experiences.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

@World of Hyatt Concierge was someone going to contact me? Looks like someone else is also having issues?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Feel free to merge my thread into this one.

Still no my Hyatt Concierge 2 months after qualifiation

I have already contacted customer support on this and did not get the promised follow up.
I am really starting to wonder if this my hyatt concierge is even a real program or just a gimmick.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I really have to do some MRs to get to 60 this year.
I have 17 to go with only 8 nights of organic stay left.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
My decision to not pursue the ridiculous requirement of 60 nights is becoming more and more a good one.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
My decision to not pursue the ridiculous requirement of 60 nights is becoming more and more a good one.
You will really be missing out next year. You should reconsider, there is still time.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
@World of Hyatt Concierge was someone going to contact me? Looks like someone else is also having issues?
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Feel free to merge my thread into this one.

Still no my Hyatt Concierge 2 months after qualifiation

I have already contacted customer support on this and did not get the promised follow up.
I am really starting to wonder if this my hyatt concierge is even a real program or just a gimmick.
Hyatt CS has just been terrible this year. I still have 2 very serious unresolved issues from the end of July and have just gotten the runaround. Nobody seems empowered to solve anything. They say things like, "We really want to take care of our Globalists" but then weeks and months go by with no resolution.

This last issue I had where I was not permitted to use my Cat. 7 free night at the PHNY (with ample cheap base room availability for cash or points) has really cemented my decision to leave Hyatt permanently.

Good luck, but I think you will be disappointed in the end.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Hyatt CS has just been terrible this year. I still have 2 very serious unresolved issues from the end of July and have just gotten the runaround. Nobody seems empowered to solve anything. They say things like, "We really want to take care of our Globalists" but then weeks and months go by with no resolution.

This last issue I had where I was not permitted to use my Cat. 7 free night at the PHNY (with ample cheap base room availability for cash or points) has really cemented my decision to leave Hyatt permanently.

Good luck, but I think you will be disappointed in the end.
Everyone has their own unique experiences of course but I've had a fantastic year with Hyatt. Complimentary suite upgrades have been great. I have used 3 out of my 4 TSU's already for fantastic suites with the family. I've received and have used the free night certs they have provided for 5 brands and 30 nights + the free night at the start of the WoH program back in March.

The waived resort fees and free parking is a plus as well. All in all, I've received great value and have had very little service issues. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Miraval and Oasis acquisitions get folded into the program as well. I like where Hyatt is headed overall but I also expect things will change with the new loyalty VP.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Sounds like mixed reviews of the personal concierge. Just received a note from her introducing herself. I will test the service with a few requests am hopeful but given all that has transpired with HGP/WOH a bit jaded.

Also note i got another free night cert for cat 1-7 stay...didn't think i would get another one. Nice bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.