Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any WoH hotel in New York city have complimentary overnight luggage service?

Old Sep 21, 17, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Is there any one can share with us which WoH hotel in New York city have complimentary overnight luggage service?
Old Sep 21, 17, 10:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Will you be a guest at the property either prior to or following the storage of your luggage?
Old Sep 22, 17, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World View Post
Will you be a guest at the property either prior to or following the storage of your luggage?
Both prior and following guest
Old Sep 22, 17, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why not just book all three nights at the hotel and store the luggage in your room?
Old Sep 22, 17, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Why not just book all three nights at the hotel and store the luggage in your room?
Im gonna to check out and leave the luggage in NY for 3 days and return to stay at the same hotel again
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Then you're asking for more than "overnight" storage.
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Then you're asking for more than "overnight" storage.
Yes maybe lol. Just wonder why we need to paid this service on some over-rated chained-brand hotels only in NY? I dont have this kind of problem on Hong Kong, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai.............
Old Sep 22, 17, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k 3mm
Originally Posted by ronaldko View Post
Yes maybe lol. Just wonder why we need to paid this service on some over-rated chained-brand hotels only in NY? I dont have this kind of problem on Hong Kong, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai.............
Asia hotels are more customer friendly for extended luggage storage between stays. I routinely leave larger luggage at various Hyatts to go for 1-5 day side trips that only need 1 small roller carryon or just backpack.
My record is 8 pieces luggage 5 day free storage in Mid-June at GH Taipei. Our group had 3 rooms, and went on extended countryside trip between stays at GH Taipei.
Old Sep 22, 17, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Several months ago, the PHNY kept my bags for 3 nights at no charge but I am a fairly regular guest so my experience may not be typical.
Old Sep 22, 17, 6:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott/spg, M life, and Hertz
Some trip you have planned; seems you will be staying at quite a few properties...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...e-service.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...e-service.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...e-service.html
Old Sep 22, 17, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
It’s NYC, stay at a nicer hotel and befriend the bell person with $20, but it seems like this is all about the ‘free’ so that defeats the purpose over the apparent convenience that is sought.
Old Sep 23, 17, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Several months ago, the PHNY kept my bags for 3 nights at no charge but I am a fairly regular guest so my experience may not be typical.
Thanks for your info anyway. Just heard that Sheraton New York Times Square charge US3.5/piece per night and some hotels at TS dont even allow any overnight luggage
Old Sep 23, 17, 9:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
I think luggage storage for a returning guest is reasonable to expect of a PH with their level of service and price point. They probably have the space to store things too. Somewhere like Herald Square barely has room for what they like to call a restaurant!

Thanks for your info anyway. Just heard that Sheraton New York Times Square charge US3.5/piece per night and some hotels at TS dont even allow any overnight luggage
Some hotels even charge to receive mailed packages. Time Square hotels will be zoos and I think they don't want to be responsible for many suitcases.
Old Sep 23, 17, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Is that too much in your view? If so, then I would suggest 1) pack lighter, or 2) bring the luggage with you to the next destination.
notquiteaff likes this.