Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Questions about 55 night Globalist Qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about 55 night Globalist Qualification

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
It looks to me like they liberalized the T&C. They used to very clear tie the TSUs to completing 60 nights.
Exactly, and if that is the case, they didn't bother to update

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html

Hard to blame front line agents who give answers that differ from what people think should be the answer.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Pretty sure that once we hit 55 nights next year we will get the free cat 1-7 night as well.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by bknets88
Pretty sure that once we hit 55 nights next year we will get the free cat 1-7 night as well.
That would surprise me as the T&C really seem to indicate that 60 nights are needed for the free cat 1-7 night:

(i) Earn a Free Night Award – Category 1-7 Hyatt Hotel or Resort: Upon completing sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, Member will be provided with one (1) standard-room Free Night Award redeemable at a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (“Category 1-7 Free Night Award”). (A list of Hyatt hotels and resorts, sorted by category, can be found at world.hyatt.com). The Category 1-7 Free Night Award is valid for one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for a reservation with a checkout date before the expiration of the award. This award is available only to Members who complete the qualifying number of Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn the qualifying number of Base Points starting from launch of the Program on March 1, 2017. While this award requires the same Tier-Qualifying Night and Base Point accrual requirements as are required to achieve Globalist status, the Category 1-7 Free Night Award is not provided as a benefit of Globalist status and a Category 1-7 Free Night Award will not be provided to Members who receive Globalist status through any means other than satisfaction of the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements (e.g., Members who receive Globalist status as part of the migration from the legacy Hyatt Gold Passport program to this Program). Redemption of a Category 1-7 Free Night Award is subject to standard-room availability at the selected hotel or resort and to all redemption terms generally applicable to Award Reservations as set out in the section of these Terms titled “Redeeming Free Night Awards, Room Upgrade Awards, or Points + Cash Awards.” Category 1-7 Free Night Award is not valid at M life Resorts or any property that is not included by Hyatt (in its sole discretion) in the category 1-7 classification system. Any Category 1-7 Free Night Award that is not used within one hundred and twenty (120) days after issuance will be void and forfeited by the Member. Other Free Night Awards, including those valid at category 1-7 hotels and resorts, may have different expiration and other applicable terms.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:49 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SF1K
This award is available only to Members who complete the qualifying number of Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn the qualifying number of Base Points starting from launch of the Program on March 1, 2017.
Well I earned the award by accumulating 60 nights starting on January 1, 2017. That's definitely one error of fact in the Official Terms and Conditions. I wonder how many other errors are in there, waiting to be discovered?

So, yes, if we ignore the bald-face errors which are already known, and if we assume that the remaining words are 100% accurate, then it takes 60 nights in 2018 to get the Free Cat 1-7.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
From what I understand from all that I read on various blogs and from speaking to reps: once you do the 60 nights this year you only need 55 nights the following years and that would get you all benefits as if you did 60 nights.

55 will not be globalist lite they will be full Globalist's with all the benefits
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:03 pm

I have been explicitly told by my pl rep that no, 55 will not get you the cat7 night. That WILL require 60, which makes sense.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bknets88
55 will not be globalist lite they will be full Globalist's with all the benefits
55 nights will get you whatever the then-current version of the T&C say you get.
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:46 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee
55 nights will get you whatever the then-current version of the T&C say you get.
Just to add confusion to this thread and the current T&C , this is an e-mail I received from WOH, encouraging me to maintain Elephant status. I'm still of the opinion, that 55 nights will suffice, in spite of this e-mail:

"With 20 more eligible nights or xx Base Points by December 31, 2017, you'll be on your way to another year of Globalist status through February 2019. As a reminder, it takes 60 eligible nights or 100,000 Base Points each calendar year. Make sure your loyalty is rewarded so you can continue experiencing our highest level of luxury as a Globalist member, including:....."
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1. When was this email sent to you?

2. Elephant status? I assume you mean Glob and not Explorererer.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:12 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
1. When was this email sent to you?

2. Elephant status? I assume you mean Glob and not Explorererer.

1. email was sent last week
2. Yes, i am Globalist
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:45 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I spoke to a My Hyatt Concierge about this just now.
He said that upon re-qualifying with 55 nights this year I would receive the suite upgrades and the Cat 1-7 certificate, BUT that access to My Hyatt Concierge is a separate, 60-night requirement that I needed to stay the full 60 nights if I wanted to continue to receive.

Is this consistent/inconsistent with what others have heard now in 2018?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
And while we're talking about confusing things... If you requalify as globalist after 55 nights:
Do you get the extra TSU/10K points at 65/75 nights or 70/80?

Really, the whole thing would be much more clear if what they did is the following:
1) Each year after you qualify for globalist on 60 Nights or 100K Points, they will automatically give you 5 "free" night credits the following year.

That way, everything stays nice and consistent and then you don't have to confuse globalist vs globalist lite, and when you get TSU and when you get the Cat 1-7 cert and when you get a My Concierge, etc. 60 nights. Period. It doesn't matter how you got those credits (butt-in-bed, 5 nights from prior year bonus, credit card yearly bonus, credit card spend, whatever). 60 nights is full status and that way it's nice and clear for everyone.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
He said that upon re-qualifying with 55 nights this year I would receive the suite upgrades and the Cat 1-7 certificate, BUT that access to My Hyatt Concierge is a separate, 60-night requirement that I needed to stay the full 60 nights if I wanted to continue to receive.

I’d love to laugh this off as crazy, but if you look at the summary pages for Globalist and Lifetime Globalist, you can see that under Lifetime, that is listed as a standard benefit under “extra privileges” while on the regular Globalist page, that is in the table showing it at 60 nights. Though, that’s where the cat 1-7 is listed too, so go figure.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Stay posted that had me hit 57 nights. 4 TSUs and Category 1-7 cert hit right away.

Very lucrative WOH year for me. Also had my LTG TSUs hit last month and the Cat 1-7 Cert for that.

Already applied both certs for end of year PH Zurich stay. And 1 TSU for Berlin (I know not the best but when you have 8 may as well). So have 7 TSUs sitting in my account with 2/29/20 expiration. Another 4 will hit come March.

sam_goh likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer

No, and certainly inconsistent with the T&C's. Maybe they are hoping for a decreased workload.

It was clear from the fine print of T&C's, which note how to achieve/re-achieve Globalist status and the benefits available upon achieving/re-achieving globalist status.

However the "MEMBER BENEFITS" page causes confusion because it does not refer to 55 night Globalist, just those of 60 nights and simply listing benefits available for them.

To get to the actuality, see World of Hyatt | Terms and Conditions

Section V.(o)
.... Members who have earned Globalist status by satisfying the Base Point accrual requirement or the Tier-Qualifying Night requirement (and have not received Globalist status through other means) will also have access to a dedicated agent, the My Hyatt Concierge. ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.