Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
link to review on FT, since the official link does not seem to work.
Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island - Hotel Reviews (flyertalk.com)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I just booked for next June. Rates seem to be fictitious for that time frame so far in advance. Around 600$.
the Intercontinental is half for the same dates. I presume the Hyatt rates will adjust/drop, but booked with p+c for the moment.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Considering making a stop here on the way down to Taipei (or maybe just stay longer in Tokyo/Kyoto or Taipei). Would love any initial reviews from anyone!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:39 pm
soy

Programs: various
now open - looks nice (discount rates for opening available) https://seragakiokinawa.regency.hyat...our-hotel.html
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by soy
now open - looks nice (discount rates for opening available) https://seragakiokinawa.regency.hyat...our-hotel.html
Was considering it for 5 nights in April. But total cost with taxes is just north of $2,000. Hard to justify that price for Okinawa.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Was considering it for 5 nights in April. But total cost with taxes is just north of $2,000. Hard to justify that price for Okinawa.
Cheaper than Busena Terrace.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Cheaper than Busena Terrace.
Busena Terrace is only $244 per night for my dates. And the Marriott is only $146.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Busena Terrace is only $244 per night for my dates. And the Marriott is only $146.
I don't know what your dates are, but August is running about $600 a night for the lowest room.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:51 am
Suspended

I don't know what your dates are, but August is running about $600 a night for the lowest room.
2nd week of April. I would certainly expect August to be a lot more expensive as the weather is more suitable to entering the water.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2nd week of April. I would certainly expect August to be a lot more expensive as the weather is more suitable to entering the water.
I'd certainly expect the rates to come down in the months leading up to April. What they're showing now isn't necessary what you'll have to pay then.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I'd certainly expect the rates to come down in the months leading up to April. What they're showing now isn't necessary what you'll have to pay then.
But of course, if you make a reservation now at those rates and do not change it later. what they're showing now is exactly what you'll have to pay then!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Staying here right now on a three night stay. Two free nights and one cash and points. I don't really have time at the moment to write a lengthy review but I will give some impressions here and will try to answer any questions as they come up.

I arrived around midnight and rented a car at the airport as to get around Okinawa you really need a car and was cheaper than taking a taxi to and from the hotel. Parking is free in the lot or 500 yen a day for valet. I was upgraded to a lagoon view suite which is very nice and has both a view of the lagoon and a partial view of the ocean. The hotel in terms of decor reminds me of the Park Hyatts of Seoul and Tokyo (modern with lots of earth tones). The lighting control are also very east to use unlike many other Asian Hyatts. The room also has a large fridge and freezer and a small Miele oven/microwave.

The hotel seems to be catering to families a great deal. Most of the people here are Japanese (and some Chinese) families. I saw only one other non-Asian guest here so far besides myself. Breakfast and evening drinks/canapes are in the club lounge which is filled with families with small children (many, many babies). Although the children are well-behaved it was very, very busy last night at cocktail hour and during breakfasts. The food is very good and of high quality but a little limited. Breakfast has an egg station and the normal hot North American breakfast items but the only hot Asian items are rice and Miso soup.

The grounds are very nice but not all that large for a resort. The pool areas are a little small and could become very crowded if the hotel is at full capacity (I'm not sure what it is at the moment but it doesn't appear full). The beach areas are also quite small and could have been made a lot bigger. I'm a bit frustrated as I would love to swim further out in the ocean but the beach swim areas are roped off in almost a kiddie-pool like manner. You can rent paddle boards and kayaks to go beyond this area but you aren't allowed to swim or snorkel beyond. The sea is super calm at the moment and it would be nice to do more than wade up to my waist.

I asked if there were any Globalist benefits beyond the standard ones (ie. food or spa discounts) and they don't appear to offer any.

That's all I have time for at the moment but please ask me any other questions if you have any.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A typhoon is about to approach at any moment. They are wise to limit access at this time.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gspurr
.... but the beach swim areas are roped off in almost a kiddie-pool like manner. .
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Anytime I see a resort with a roped off ocean in a kiddie-pool like manner, it's an automatic reject. I don't like to be constrained in the ocean, I want to swim wherever the hell I want. Earlier this year I went to Punta Cana and my resort had a roped off ocean and I about lost it.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Okinawa is outside the path and I'm hoping it stays that way.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gspurr
Okinawa is outside the path and I'm hoping it stays that way.
Outside the projected path (which doesn't mean that the odds of hitting your area are zero), but you may get some decent swells.

A Japanese hotel will always err on the side of caution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.