Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
link to review on FT, since the official link does not seem to work.
Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island - Hotel Reviews (flyertalk.com)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by gspurr
Staying here right now on a three night stay. Two free nights and one cash and points. I don't really have time at the moment to write a lengthy review but I will give some impressions here and will try to answer any questions as they come up.

I arrived around midnight and rented a car at the airport as to get around Okinawa you really need a car and was cheaper than taking a taxi to and from the hotel. Parking is free in the lot or 500 yen a day for valet. I was upgraded to a lagoon view suite which is very nice and has both a view of the lagoon and a partial view of the ocean. The hotel in terms of decor reminds me of the Park Hyatts of Seoul and Tokyo (modern with lots of earth tones). The lighting control are also very east to use unlike many other Asian Hyatts. The room also has a large fridge and freezer and a small Miele oven/microwave.

The hotel seems to be catering to families a great deal. Most of the people here are Japanese (and some Chinese) families. I saw only one other non-Asian guest here so far besides myself. Breakfast and evening drinks/canapes are in the club lounge which is filled with families with small children (many, many babies). Although the children are well-behaved it was very, very busy last night at cocktail hour and during breakfasts. The food is very good and of high quality but a little limited. Breakfast has an egg station and the normal hot North American breakfast items but the only hot Asian items are rice and Miso soup.

The grounds are very nice but not all that large for a resort. The pool areas are a little small and could become very crowded if the hotel is at full capacity (I'm not sure what it is at the moment but it doesn't appear full). The beach areas are also quite small and could have been made a lot bigger. I'm a bit frustrated as I would love to swim further out in the ocean but the beach swim areas are roped off in almost a kiddie-pool like manner. You can rent paddle boards and kayaks to go beyond this area but you aren't allowed to swim or snorkel beyond. The sea is super calm at the moment and it would be nice to do more than wade up to my waist.

I asked if there were any Globalist benefits beyond the standard ones (ie. food or spa discounts) and they don't appear to offer any.

That's all I have time for at the moment but please ask me any other questions if you have any.
Currently here for two cash and point nights as an Explorist with Lounge Award. Not much to add to what gspurr wrote expect that parking is now 1000 Yen per night and 1500 with valet. Beach and Gusku Pool are still open, and will remain so until November 4th, while the Lagoon is closed off for repair because of recent typhoon damage.

We were upgraded from standard twin to lagoon view twin, and given an extra bed for free. My understanding is however that all non-suite rooms are the same in size with quite generous 40 sqm.

Normally I would also have been annoyed by the limited swimming area at the beach but as the sea is currently too rough for swimming outside the roped off area it doesn’t really matter.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by shonanroger

Currently here for two cash and point nights as an Explorist with Lounge Award. Not much to add to what gspurr wrote expect that parking is now 1000 Yen per night and 1500 with valet. Beach and Gusku Pool are still open, and will remain so until November 4th, while the Lagoon is closed off for repair because of recent typhoon damage.

We were upgraded from standard twin to lagoon view twin, and given an extra bed for free. My understanding is however that all non-suite rooms are the same in size with quite generous 40 sqm.

Normally I would also have been annoyed by the limited swimming area at the beach but as the sea is currently too rough for swimming outside the roped off area it doesn’t really matter.
Limited swimming is unfortunately a non-starter for me. I'm an experienced swimmer and simply have no patience with people telling me where I can and can't swim.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
A nice 100 second overview of the property:

59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
A shame to hear about the Club having mostly Western food - so odd, and not what I would hope from a Japanese property.

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Booked a standard room and used a TSU, and a Sunset Suite was guaranteed.
Could you share how you used a TSU for the Sunset Suite? I recently tried to use a TSU here but was told that only the Ocean Suite is eligible.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:58 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by lamont2718
A shame to hear about the Club having mostly Western food - so odd, and not what I would hope from a Japanese property.

Could you share how you used a TSU for the Sunset Suite? I recently tried to use a TSU here but was told that only the Ocean Suite is eligible.

I booked about 5 months ago through my concierge and asked if they could grant a sunset suite. My concierge is great in such things. Maybe that was the advantage. Could be that it was a standard suite at that time?
The home page currently does not define the standard suites....
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Introduction Overall, I gave a "thumbs up - remommended" for this hotel.
Thanks for the detailed review. Looks solid, but overall there are just too many other great resorts in Okinawa (on the main island alone there's Kanucha Bay, Busena, and Alivila off the top of my head) that I'd probably never get around to this one.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thanks for the review 59Impala; the western (and sounds like boring and redundant) food in the lounge seems like a deal breaker for me. I want a retreat and have expiring club passes. For our family of 5, a good club is really important for both convenience and budget.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:44 pm
formerly a193991

I would not use lounge passes here.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I would not use lounge passes here.
Yeah. Bummer. I think we will do Shanghai or Danang instead. Or Hua Hin.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:53 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

don‘t know the others... but lounge in Hua Hin is great and certainly worth while to use a pass.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Danang is an absolute zoo with few offerings. Totally not worth using a lounge pass there, IMO.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...........Room Booked a standard room and used a TSU, and a Sunset Suite was guaranteed. My Hyatt Concierge entered a remark for a further upgrade based on availability..........
Website lists Ocean Suite as standard suite. I wonder how you got Sunset Suite confirmed as it is 50% larger and a premium suite?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:53 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by TerryK
Website lists Ocean Suite as standard suite. I wonder how you got Sunset Suite confirmed as it is 50% larger and a premium suite?
I cannot recall exactly, but I believe when I made the reservations there was no clear distinction between standard and premium suites listed yet. AND I have an amazing MHC...
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
just booked three nights here, can anyone recommend a restaurant near the main road, possibly walking distance from the hotel? Also if anyone had a particular dish (Okinawaian food?) in a particular restaurant in the hotel that's good, please share
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
just booked three nights here, can anyone recommend a restaurant near the main road, possibly walking distance from the hotel? Also if anyone had a particular dish (Okinawaian food?) in a particular restaurant in the hotel that's good, please share
I'm not familiar with the area Seragaki is at, but I found this reddit thread talking about it. That said, the typical local foods in Okinawa that are hard to find other places are Goya Chanpuru, Soba, Taco Rice, Sweet Potato (esp the ice cream), Awamori and Orion beer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.