Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Miraval Arizona REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miraval Arizona REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

We just got back from our stay at Miraval Arizona. This is our third time there, and we had an amazing time as always. Lots of changes due to COVID, and I felt that some of the activities were scaled back from recent trips, but overall the essence of Miraval is there (including the spectacular food). My biggest tip is to call ahead when the schedule comes out and reserve your spots in classes. We were traveling as a group, so I have a few room tours in my video below. I can also confirm that two elite nights are credited with the BOGO points promo.

afmiami likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
I'm happy to call but I wanted to check here first if anyone called to ask about availability over Thanksgiving weekend or the days around Christmas? I'm assuming these are booked already?
I just booked Thanksgiving. No problem. BOGO Points offer.

Works out to under 17,000 points per night after 25% rebate. Pretty fantastic deal for a Thanksgiving getaway.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Sep 19, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:12 pm

Can anyone confirm that with the BOGO offer with points that BOTH nights earn as Qualifying Night Credits? I read somewhere that with the BOGO you get two night credits (which would surprise me), but has someone that used the offer able to confirm?

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Can anyone confirm that with the BOGO offer with points that BOTH nights earn as Qualifying Night Credits? I read somewhere that with the BOGO you get two night credits (which would surprise me), but has someone that used the offer able to confirm?

Thanks.
Confirmed
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
1. You can sign-up for classes as early as 11am on the day of check-in, and up to 1:30pm on the day of check-out. So I feel like I was able to do three days of activities even while staying two nights.
Does anybody know if I'd be allowed to signup for a class at 1:30 pm on the day of departure? Wasn't sure if the class needed to end by 1:30 pm or not...
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
Just returned, excellent treatment as a Glob. Used the BOGO pts. Upgraded to a suite without asking. Given 4 pm checkout and use of facilities until 4. Was able to get lunch and a paid activity last afternoon. Did not try to sign up for activities but implied I could up until 4. Do not think would be able to sign up for 1:30 class without a late checkout.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
Just returned, excellent treatment as a Glob. Used the BOGO pts. Upgraded to a suite without asking. Given 4 pm checkout and use of facilities until 4. Was able to get lunch and a paid activity last afternoon. Did not try to sign up for activities but implied I could up until 4. Do not think would be able to sign up for 1:30 class without a late checkout.
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you were treated well. I certainly do not expect the same type of treatment as an Explorist, but while speaking to an experience planner earlier today, she advised we could checkout of the room at 11am, leave luggage at the front desk, and participate in activities/classes until 5pm on the day of departure. Lunch would be included and dinner excluded. Hope this helps maximize the stay for anybody interested.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:51 am

Are resort fees + taxes waived if booking the BOGO offer?
Also, if booking a 2-night stay with BOGO offer, I assume the applicable credit is $175 and not $350, right?

Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by totesm
Are resort fees + taxes waived if booking the BOGO offer?
Also, if booking a 2-night stay with BOGO offer, I assume the applicable credit is $175 and not $350, right?

Thanks!
Yes, there are no resort fees or taxes when booking with points, including the BOGO offer. You're right that you'll only get the $175 resort credit for the night that you're funding with points, and no credit for the free night (i.e. $175 total per person for a 2 night stay using the BOGO offer).
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by makavel
Yes, there are no resort fees or taxes when booking with points, including the BOGO offer. You're right that you'll only get the $175 resort credit for the night that you're funding with points, and no credit for the free night (i.e. $175 total per person for a 2 night stay using the BOGO offer).
Assuming you have a Hyatt Chase card, you'd be spending under 17,000 per night for two nights including all meals and a $175 credit. In any other time but COVID, seems like this would be the deal of the year!
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Confirmed
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

Has Hyatt ever stated in writing that both nights of this BOGO offer would earn elite night credits?

My stay from several weeks ago still has not posted, and I'm looking for something to support my request for two night credits when I submit the missing stay request.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
yes 2 nights
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:56 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by yanyanlr
yes 2 nights
Hmm, with the recent double your nights promotion, will BOGO stay after Oct 1 count as 4 nights?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by a5un
Hmm, with the recent double your nights promotion, will BOGO stay after Oct 1 count as 4 nights?
​​​​​​
No still 2 nights for 2020 but you also get 2 nights for 2021 (if check out before end of year)
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by yanyanlr
yes 2 nights
Where did Hyatt state this in writing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.