Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Miraval Arizona REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miraval Arizona REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yanyanlr
Can I ask how did you book the reservation?

I called few times since like the agent do not know how to book it using bogo or no response at all.
That's unfortunate! I just called 866.792.3395 and picked the option for a new reservation at Miraval Arizona (I can't remember the order of the phone prompts). I was almost immediately connected to an agent who was able to help.

I see now that the number listed at the top of the BOGO promo page is different, but the number that I provided is provided in the small print of the Terms & Conditions:
Offer valid for stays completed between July 15 and December 31, 2020 at participating Miraval Resorts. Member must request Offer Code “WOH_Miraval_BOGO” at the time of reservation for a stay redeeming at least one Free Night Award. Additional free night must be used on the same stay. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 866.792.3395. Nightly Resort Credit will not be issued for free night awarded under this offer. Offer is not valid with previously booked or held stays or with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply (unless otherwise noted). Additional charges may apply for additional guests or room type upgrades. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. Hyatt®, Miraval®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2020 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
call few times but either long wait, or the agent could not confirm the reservation, and left voice message few times, no reply ...
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Quick update, I just booked successfully and it really depends on the agent, I mean the agent I talked knows about the process booking with hyatt and it took me 30 seconds to confirm the reservation. thx!
Old Aug 29, 2020, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yanyanlr
Quick update, I just booked successfully and it really depends on the agent, I mean the agent I talked knows about the process booking with hyatt and it took me 30 seconds to confirm the reservation. thx!
Thanks for the update! I guess that I unknowingly got lucky with knowledgeable agents when I called a couple times to make reservations.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 9:53 pm

one more thing to share, this location has plenty of availability for BOGO promotion for the entire September.
makavel likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Just returned from Miraval on Friday. Truly an amazing trip all around. Property was expansive but well maintained and gorgeous and the staff were phenomenal. It definitely seemed empty, but hard to know what occupancy was. One day at the pool, another guest told me the front desk said there were 40 guests on the property. In terms of how they handled COVID, I thought they did a great job generally. Mask wearing was required at all times indoors and generally complied with. Mask wearing was also required outside was distancing wasn't possible, and during all outdoor activities aside from water fitness in the pool. All resort staff wore masks at all times, indoors and out. At the entrance to each building, there were signs reminding guests to wear a mask, and not to enter if they were experiencing COVID symptoms. Rooms are not serviced by default, I think its just every 4 days, but you can request daily housekeeping and they offer the option of morning or afternoon. Each guest room door was taped with a message that the room was cleaned and sanitized, and this was the case in the spa as well. Per resort policy, only guests can break the seal, so on arrival, while staff would typically bring your bags to your room while you check in, they now wait till you go to your room and follow you with your bags. Some resort facilities were closed, notably the saunas in the spa and the gym, and all classes were capped at a much lower level than normal. One cardio class I took had 5 students, the instructor told me he often taught it with 20-25 students in the before times. All in all, great stay and I look forward to returning. Feel free to send questions my way.
platbrownguy and makavel like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:56 am

BA_Jfan thanks for the review! Did you take advantage of the current BoGo promo for your stay and did you book directly with the hotel via phone? We were considering a stay last week as well but the extreme heat led us elsewhere lol - but I'm assuming the heat didn't deter you from the outdoor classes since your referenced taking them! Which classes did you take? It's nice to hear though that class sizes were smaller which probably meant a more intimate experience. One other thing I've been wondering - is it possible to go for runs/hikes independently right there around the property and are there trails set up for such? Also, not sure if this was an issue for you but I was also turned off by the notion of not being able to listen to podcasts/music on my iPhone (with headphones) while in the gym or on a run/walk/hike around the property - I appreciate they want you to disconnect but I read other reviews where people got yelled at by staff for listening to something with headphones on while exercising or hanging out at the pool. What was your experience with this? Finally...what were the evenings like? Thanks so much!
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:10 am

I was there to two weeks before and I think the small group of all the classes/ activities make it more worth since you could have more interaction with everyone, and the instructors could focus more on each one.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:15 am

I could answer a few questions you have:

I booked over the phone and I took the cook for me, meditation, shoulder set for free, skincare, nutrition class, and a few other classes i could not remember the name.. you must try the cook for me it is amazing. I canceled all the outdoor classes since it was too hot during the day.

you could take the hike, there are some hiking entrances on the property( staff will let you know when you do the property tour ) and some other trails nearby
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by madderlake
BA_Jfan thanks for the review! Did you take advantage of the current BoGo promo for your stay and did you book directly with the hotel via phone? We were considering a stay last week as well but the extreme heat led us elsewhere lol - but I'm assuming the heat didn't deter you from the outdoor classes since your referenced taking them! Which classes did you take? It's nice to hear though that class sizes were smaller which probably meant a more intimate experience. One other thing I've been wondering - is it possible to go for runs/hikes independently right there around the property and are there trails set up for such? Also, not sure if this was an issue for you but I was also turned off by the notion of not being able to listen to podcasts/music on my iPhone (with headphones) while in the gym or on a run/walk/hike around the property - I appreciate they want you to disconnect but I read other reviews where people got yelled at by staff for listening to something with headphones on while exercising or hanging out at the pool. What was your experience with this? Finally...what were the evenings like? Thanks so much!
I booked a Prive offer thru my travel advisor, it was a third night free rate, though only came with a $50 nightly resort credit, unlike the typical $175 a night resort credit. I took yoga, meditation, water fitness, cardio drumming, 2 food classes, the desert hike and a crystals healing workshop (for giggles). There are demarcated hiking trails, though personally I opted not to try them cause I felt getting lost in the desert would be easy and painful. While I didn't use headphones, I was using my phone a lot and for the most part was a non issue, and plenty of other guests were, though at dinner one night a waitress did call me out for it. Evenings, I sat around the patio and enjoyed the view, and the weather, lingered over dinner and went to bed. I also did some evening classes. The bar is open till 9, and the pool is open 24 hours, but Miraval isn't a great night life spot. Definitely pretty quiet.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:58 pm

This is all very helpful thank you both for responding!

I didn't see a 3rd night free promo? (just saw a 4th night free). I am thinking of doing the Hyatt points promo where you book one night on points and get the second night free w/ $75 resort credit per person which brings up a question - if it's an all-inclusive property and the spa is currently closed, what is there to spend a resort credit on at the moment? I guess the bar?

Anyway, all those activities sound fun ( I would do the crystal healing too lol) and it also sounds like they were somewhat lax with the phone which is reassuring.

Now I just need the temp to get out of the hundreds lol!
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:37 pm

Not all activities are free. There's an upcharge like $45 for archery. You can use your credits towards those. Or cook for me chef ($175 which is totally worth).

For the bogo deal with points you actually get $175 resort credit
Old Sep 8, 2020, 2:32 pm

One other thing I've been wondering - is it possible to go for runs/hikes independently right there around the property and are there trails set up for such? Also, not sure if this was an issue for you but I was also turned off by the notion of not being able to listen to podcasts/music on my iPhone (with headphones) while in the gym or on a run/walk/hike around the property - I appreciate they want you to disconnect but I read other reviews where people got yelled at by staff for listening to something with headphones on while exercising or hanging out at the pool.
The hiking trails leaving from the property are marked and are definitely easy for anyone to use on their own.
I have never seen anyone wear headphones/earbuds around the pool but they are definitely prevalent in the gym. I would think no one would say anything if you put your headphones in and tuck your phone away discreetly. What is actively discouraged is spending all your time staring at your phone or chatting on the phone.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:20 pm

This is all very helpful thank you both for responding!

I didn't see a 3rd night free promo? (just saw a 4th night free). I am thinking of doing the Hyatt points promo where you book one night on points and get the second night free w/ $75 resort credit per person which brings up a question - if it's an all-inclusive property and the spa is currently closed, what is there to spend a resort credit on at the moment? I guess the bar?

Anyway, all those activities sound fun ( I would do the crystal healing too lol) and it also sounds like they were somewhat lax with the phone which is reassuring.

Also the resort credit is typically only valid for spa and additional fee activities and not for alcohol.
Now I just need the temp to get out of the hundreds lol!
The promo rate I booked was thru Hyatt Prive. Its only available thru advisors that participate in Prive and isn't a public offer. Not sure its still available either as these promotions change all the time. I'd be happy to send you my advisor's details if you want.

The spa is not closed. It does have a more limited menu of services than normal. My masseuse, Michael, was fantastic. Some facilities at the spa are closed for the moment, like the sauna, but the locker room is still available.

The resort credit is typically only for the spa and additional fee activities and not valid on booze.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:38 pm

I'm happy to call but I wanted to check here first if anyone called to ask about availability over Thanksgiving weekend or the days around Christmas? I'm assuming these are booked already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.