Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Unbound Collection: Holston House Downtown Nashville REVIEW MASTER THREAD

The Unbound Collection: Holston House Downtown Nashville REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Free breakfast. I think the credit amount was really high, like $30 per person which is enough to make a feast for 2 people. They also extended it to my 2nd room which was fantastic. In theory an upgrade to a (very nice) suite but since there's so few & Nashville is so in demand would imagine its tough to score on weekends. Maybe weeknights (and I did get a free upgrade to a suite at the Grand Hyatt on an off weekend in the winter so you never know).
Originally Posted by thekaica
What benefits do Globalists get at the property?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:45 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Checked in this morning. No suite availability. In fact, only standard rooms available for tonight. Nonetheless, or as a result, I was upgraded to a deluxe room. At first blush, it seems well maintained and comfortable.

Just had breakfast down at TENN - got an omelet and home fries - it was really tasty and quick. As others have mentioned, breakfast entrees are all about $15, so the $30 credit will go a long way.

Here are room photos:

Ill update this post with further thoughts after my stay.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:27 am

How was your stay hp12c ? Did you consider staying at any of the other properties (Thompson, Centric, GH) - curious why you chose this one......was it the location?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:24 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
How was your stay hp12c ? Did you consider staying at any of the other properties (Thompson, Centric, GH) - curious why you chose this one......was it the location?

Thanks!
The stay ended up great. The room was comfortable, if not as clean as it immediately came off (there was quick a caking of dust on the ceiling light fixture and HVAC register). Breakfast was excellent. All the staff were very friendly and outgoing. And location was exactly what I needed, which is why I ended up choosing the hotel. It didn't hurt that the rate was significantly less than the Thompson, Centric, or GH. But yeah, I'd stay here again.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:16 pm

Finished a 2 night stay here to watch WWE Summerslam. Used 20k Hyatt points/night, cash rate was a little over $500/night on the weekend. Globalist got me automatic upgrade one level to deluxe room on 10th floor with nice view. Spacious enough, nice smelling toiletries, large shower, comfortable bed with soft sheets. Cool art deco style decor in the lobby. Waived valet parking, which was a tremendous savings of $50/night (they just use the parking lot directly in front of the hotel entrance). Breakfast was $30 per person credit at the attached restaurant called Tenn. It was overall good, one morning's food being better than another (didn't like their French Toast or egg and cheese biscuit, but loved the yogurt and side order of bacon/sausage/potatoes. Good iced latte.). Servers are definitely understaffed, but I could tell they're busting their butts. I would have gotten snippy if I weren't in a good mood all weekend, as we waited 20 minutes just to give our order. Servers never came by, so the host ended up taking our order and getting food out. I would make a reservation on the weekend unless you're OK with bar seating. Rooftop pool is small, and you may not be able to find seating if you go at a popular time. There's a little bar with premade frozen drinks, which were pretty good. WiFi was consistently slow, testing at 4-7 MB/s. I honestly don't recall seeing a single child here, as it was mostly couples or groups.

Location is tremendous if you want to check out the night life along Broadway. Literally just a block over. Of course, that means you're going to hear all the noisy music from people cruising with their speakers on blast, as well as the party busses with the bros and woo girls. I don't mind, it's not any different than any hotel in Manhattan. It was also just a hair over a mile walk from Nissan Stadium, which was my main reason for booking it. I -think- Hyatt Centric may be a little closer, but HH was part of a summer promo from Hyatt where I would get 20% points back, so I opted for it. Would come back here for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.