Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

70 - 80 - 90 - 100 Nights: Suite Upgrade or Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

70 - 80 - 90 - 100 Nights: Suite Upgrade or Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I suspect this has been asked before, but I cannot find the thread:

If someone REqualifies for Globalist by staying 55 nights, my understanding is that there are four TSUs given at 55 nights, the free cat 1-7 cert at 55 nights, as well as access to My Hyatt Concierge for another year at 55 nights. Is this correct?

Can I assume that the fifth TSA still requires 70 and not 65 nights?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

If someone REqualifies for Globalist by staying 55 nights, my understanding is that there are four TSUs given at 55 nights, the free cat 1-7 cert at 55 nights, as well as access to My Hyatt Concierge for another year at 55 nights. Is this correct?

I believe all of that to be correct, and most has been confirmed to me by my concierge.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select

I requalified at 55 nights last week and received four TSUs, a free cat 1-7 and my current and amazing concierge just booked me a night at the Hyatt Ziva using my cat 1-7 cert.

I'm under the impressions the fifth upgrade comes at 70 nights, and will know for sure within ~ 10 days
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

That is correct and the first bonus award is still at 70 nights. I cleared 55 nights and received all that you mentioned and then hit the 70 and 80 night bonuses on the regular nights schedule. Sadly, 100 nights will be reached too early in the year and I don’t have much incentive to stay at Hyatt past that. I am probably in the minority but why not keep these bonuses going past 100 nights!
ryandc99 and JackE like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
It would definitely be better if the choice were extended past 100 nights. But as for an incentive at the moment, there is the possibility of getting up to 60000 points from the current promotion running until November 30.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A decent incentive for going past 100 is just those good Globalist benefits.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by josephstern
except at hp/hh where you get a bottle of water and a rock
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esquesk
except at hp/hh where you get a bottle of water and a rock
Those places are generally overpriced anyway.

Thanks to the new Chase Hyatt CC, I'm done with them.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:48 am

Can anyone confirm how long these suite upgrade certificates earned at 70, 80, etc nights are good for? Is it like the new 4 you get annually?

"Suite upgrade awards earned on or after January 1, 2018 are valid for the same period as the tier status of the member at the time the awards were earned. The awards are valid in connection with reservations with a checkout date by the expiration of the award." So that means Feb 2020, if I choose it this year. So it doesn't make a difference if I choose it now versus later (as in make the selection of 10,000 points versus suite upgrade certificate)?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
delete.

Last edited by luvFclass; Sep 17, 2018 at 9:17 am Reason: wrong thread. ;)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Dare we dream about rollover nights? The award night change was implemented retrospectively...

There is probably a logical inconsistency between giving points or TSUs for each 10-night block and also counting them for the following year, but a company concerned about losing elites could do far worse than implementing rollover nights to keep more Globalists around...

And yes... the 60K promo is turbocharged when you add another 40K points from 70, 80, 90 + 100...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:22 am

I have said it before and I say again, why not just make it so that you keep getting bonuses past 100? 110, 120, ad infinitum. Anything that reduces the incentive to stay more and more is idiotic. There should NEVER be a reason you say, "I have stayed enough at Hyatt this year, I will get more from staying at X". 10k or DSU every 10 and I would say, every 30 nights you get both starting at 100. So at 100, get both, then choose at 110, 120 and at 130 get both again, etc. So basically someone who stays 100 nights gets their status renewed plus 30k points (effectively another Cat 7 night) and a 5th DSU or double the DSUs and 10k points.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by antonius66
I have said it before and I say again, why not just make it so that you keep getting bonuses past 100? 110, 120, ad infinitum. Anything that reduces the incentive to stay more and more is idiotic. There should NEVER be a reason you say, "I have stayed enough at Hyatt this year, I will get more from staying at X". 10k or DSU every 10 and I would say, every 30 nights you get both starting at 100. So at 100, get both, then choose at 110, 120 and at 130 get both again, etc. So basically someone who stays 100 nights gets their status renewed plus 30k points (effectively another Cat 7 night) and a 5th DSU or double the DSUs and 10k points.
Does anyone else in the hotel business continuously rewards anything with bonuses after a certain level? And does it make any sense to do this when Hyatt can (and does) always choose to run an end of year promo to reward people extra bonuses to keep staying? I support the idea, but it is easy to support anything that is a give me more more more request.

I hit 70 with a stay that finished yesterday and should get the email I guess today. I think I am going to take the 10,000 points for this round. I still have two TSUs to use for next year and not sure when/how they will get used yet. My personal/family travel for 2019 is pretty much set except maybe 1 trip late next summer and whatever I do in the fall-- For a couple of my trips already booked, I am just going to pay cash for the suite upgrade which was only ~15$ more per night anyways upon booking (and now is less than the base room rate anyways). At 80 and 90 (and maybe even 100) night levels, I can reassess still if I need the extra suite upgrades next year.

With this last 2 night stay, I spent 10,000 pts. I will get 10,000 pt back for hitting the 70 night bonus, 1,000 pt back (supposedly) for the cc 10% back promo, and it triggers my first tier of the fall promo at 2,500 pts back. Of all the adjustments over the last year, I think the biggest gift is including award nights as elite-earning nights.!!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
I think that Hyatt has just made the calculation that for those customers who spend 100 nights with them, they are locked in. They won't jump ship at that point. So there's no more need to reward them.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Why is that different than what happens at 55 or 60?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.