Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by gunksny
Am I correct in assuming that the 20 nite/Globalist promo does not grant the suite upgrades or free night awards and just gets you the free breakfast, late checkout and upgrade to suites based upon availability?
You are correct although it's lounge access or free breakfast if no lounge at property.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gunksny
Sorry if this has been covered already but speaking of real vs lite Globalist status - I had pretty much written off the new WOH program this yr. Now I'm debating whether to mattress run 7 or so nights to make the 20 nights/Globalist lite promo. Like many others here, I found the greatest value of Globalist/Diamond status in the guaranteed suite upgrades for leisure/family travel.

Am I correct in assuming that the 20 nite/Globalist promo does not grant the suite upgrades or free night awards and just gets you the free breakfast, late checkout and upgrade to suites based upon availability?
Suite Upgrades are tied to nights, not to status. No sixty qualifiying nights, no TSUs.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Suite Upgrades are tied to nights, not to status. No sixty qualifiying nights, no TSUs.
Which, come to think of it, makes it rather silly to call them "T(as in "Tier")SUs", doesn't it? Another example of Hyatt nomenclature running amok.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:00 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by rfrost
Which, come to think of it, makes it rather silly to call them "T(as in "Tier")SUs", doesn't it? Another example of Hyatt nomenclature running amok.
I think that tier refers to the tiering of the room categories, not the members.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I think that tier refers to the tiering of the room categories, not the members.
Then why include the 'S' if 'Tier' encompasses the room category. Also 'Tier' replaces the original term 'Diamond' so it's a logical interpretation that it refers to status and not room type.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I earned Explorists via this promo at 29 nights a week ago. Got 4 Club-awards.
Got over 30 nights with a stay last weekend. Got 4 more Club-awards (and my free Cat1-4).

Seems to be a mistake due to kinks in their automated systems, much like their emails (Got an email a week ago welcoming me to explorists, an email two days later saying I am 1 night away from explorists (because I was 1 away from 30 nights), and then today got an email congratulating me on 'another year of explorist'(because I went over 30 nights and already had 'explorists' for the last week).

So now, it looks like I have 8 club awards, and with only 1 stay away (at a non club property) from earning globalists-lite, so I have no way to use them. The expiration date didn't change though - still a year from when I earned the first 4.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I thought it was more like night tiers. Get four suite upgrades at the 60 night tier, an additional one at the 70 night tier, and so on.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I thought it was more like night tiers. Get four suite upgrades at the 60 night tier, an additional one at the 70 night tier, and so on.
The T&C refer to status levels as Tiers. See Appendix C

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...h_termanonhome

"The Program offers three tiers of elite status: Discoverist, Explorist, Globalist. "

They also use the term "Tier Qualifying Nights" as in

"Tier-Qualifying Nights. A Member may earn elite status based on the number of nights the Member (i) stays at a Hyatt hotel or resort or an M life Resort; (ii) pays an Eligible Rate; and (iii) associates his or her valid Program membership number with the reservation (either at the time of reservation or check-in or by requesting retroactive credit for the night in accordance with Hyatt’s procedures) during the applicable measuring period (each a “Tier-Qualifying Night”);"
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The T&C refer to status levels as Tiers. See Appendix C

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...h_termanonhome

"The Program offers three tiers of elite status: Discoverist, Explorist, Globalist. "

They also use the term "Tier Qualifying Nights" as in

"Tier-Qualifying Nights. A Member may earn elite status based on the number of nights the Member (i) stays at a Hyatt hotel or resort or an M life Resort; (ii) pays an Eligible Rate; and (iii) associates his or her valid Program membership number with the reservation (either at the time of reservation or check-in or by requesting retroactive credit for the night in accordance with Hyatt’s procedures) during the applicable measuring period (each a “Tier-Qualifying Night”);"
I don't deny that it's all a rushed mess. I've even argued that the program itself violated the Hyatt Gold Passport T&C provision on providing six months notice to end the program.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I don't deny that it's all a rushed mess. I've even argued that the program itself violated the Hyatt Gold Passport T&C provision on providing six months notice to end the program.
Yup. It's a mess, created in violation of the GP rules.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I earned Explorists via this promo at 29 nights a week ago. Got 4 Club-awards.
Got over 30 nights with a stay last weekend. Got 4 more Club-awards (and my free Cat1-4).

Seems to be a mistake due to kinks in their automated systems, much like their emails (Got an email a week ago welcoming me to explorists, an email two days later saying I am 1 night away from explorists (because I was 1 away from 30 nights), and then today got an email congratulating me on 'another year of explorist'(because I went over 30 nights and already had 'explorists' for the last week).

So now, it looks like I have 8 club awards, and with only 1 stay away (at a non club property) from earning globalists-lite, so I have no way to use them. The expiration date didn't change though - still a year from when I earned the first 4.
I have 3 of those sitting in my account as well and I am now a globalist. Are we able to use them for friends staying with us? I mean, not the same room, but when we booked say 2 rooms under one reservation, that could be a good use of them if Hyatt allows it.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Interestingly, I don't believe you'll find any reference to "tier suite upgrade" in the T&Cs. The term used is "room upgrade awards" which, to me, is another way of providing non-suite rooms to what I think more than a few of us believed were supposed to actually be suites.

Last edited by danger; Nov 29, 2017 at 2:35 am
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:28 am

The WoH "My Awards" section of Hyatt's website refers to them as "Suite Upgrade Awards", and states in the T&C click through:

"For the purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Suite Upgrade Awards are only valid for standard suites, defined as each participating hotel's or resort's introductory suite category, and are subject to availability ... Suite Upgrade Awards cannot be redeemed for premium suites (i.e. any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites or similar suite categories), as designated by the applicable hotel or resort."

The distinction between standard and premium suites links up with the room descriptions on the Hyatt website, which (at least for some hotels) specifies for each suite type whether it is a standard or premium suite. For example, PH DXB designates both Park Suites and Park Terrace Suites as standard suites, whereas Park Executive Suites and up are designated premium suites. The room description includes the following language:

"This is a standard (or premium) suite. See World of Hyatt program terms for upgrade eligibility."
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Can anyone confirm they used MLife stays as part of the promo and achieved the status? I have 3 MLifer's completed within the period that, if 'eligible,' will meet the 10 stay threshold for Explorist after completing an upcoming stay. Thanks much, trying to figure if its even worth this upcoming stay or move along to another property. TY.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite; World of Hyatt Globalist
For globalists expiring by end of Feb/2018, if completed 10 nights during the promotion period, will there be any place in account to reflect the gained "Explorist" status anywhere? In addition, will there be any club upgrade award issued once the 10th night is completed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.