Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by canyonleo
The annual free night alone (assuming one has use for it) is worth the fee. There's no forced use of the card, take the free night (for those that use it) and be happy. That's my story. Oh, and it's nice to have a third logo-ed (Visa, MC, Amex) no 2% int'l fee card as a backup card for int'l travel.
This. Free night well worth it. Really DSUs are not necessary for me personally if you push at FD to upgrade you to a suite if its available. Obvious exceptions apply to hotels where they refuse to budge and when you have a week long stay planned.

Overall I am neutral, already had 24 nights in the bag, so this saves me around 16 extra nights... although now competing with more globalists for those free suites.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:24 pm

I agree this card is an excellent "sock drawer" credit card. It's annual retention night more than offsets the fee, and it can be useful as a "backup" card to carry around when traveling, etc...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Actually, I was told by an employee who was well aware of the dissatisfaction out there from current Globs.

Their financials currently include all those who were burning their benefits and then getting out. I suspect the summer has not been all that kind to them.

They wouldn't be doing this sort of a giveaway if they didn't have to.
It's the least generous such "giveaway" they've ever done. More nights than they've ever required. No Globalist status offered during the trial period. No confirmed suite upgrades offered when the promotion starts, and not necessarily any offered even after it's successfully completed.

Literally giving away everything to people that had a Hilton credit card and an active social media life was desperation. This is just a promotion designed to bring in more stays to make a rosy quarterly statement even rosier.

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Hmm, what's the basis for the understanding that Globalist earned from the CC promo will not get DSUs?
The basis is understanding that TSU awards have nothing to do with tier status. You earn them for staying 60 nights in a year, not for attaining Globalist status.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hailstorm
This is just a promotion designed to bring in more stays to make a rosy quarterly statement even rosier.
There are plenty of promos they could run that achieve that without completely contradicting the "making Globalist a harder to achieve status" approach of WoH. For starters, it doesn't bring in any more stays or money from what likely are their best customers (those who have reached or will reach Glob the hard way).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
There are plenty of promos they could run that achieve that without completely contradicting the "making Globalist a harder to achieve status" approach of WoH. For starters, it doesn't bring in any more stays or money from what likely are their best customers (those who have reached or will reach Glob the hard way).
That's for them to decide. The company seems to be doing well despite all our proclamations of doom and gloom.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
That's for them to decide. The company seems to be doing well despite all our proclamations of doom and gloom.
Is it doing better than its leading peers in the industry?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I was going to let Globalist go and consider going for the next level down, but now, since I have 10 nights already planned through the end of the year (only because 8 are GH Playa del Carmen), we might as well find 10 more nights somewhere. There are lots of suburban Hyatt Places and Houses (and occasionally a Centric down the street) where we can do cheap nights.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:41 pm

Do you think there is any truth in this post?

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...t-track-logic/

Hyatt staff members have also confirmed that all of the benefits that are associated with status are given during the challenge which again is overly generous. Now anyone who either applies for the credit card or already has the credit card can accept the “quick qualification” and start doing the same thing they just reinvented the program to stop – eating breakfast, drinking free booze, and using suite upgrades.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Sure. For them to decide, for us to discuss.

But I also get to decide how I spend my dollars (and then they can discuss in the boardroom).

So I just registered for this promo because ... why not.

I currently have one week of award nights booked; I don't think I will change that. Burn, baby, burn!

It's theoretically possible that I could acquire enough nights to reach 20 during the rest of the year. But not likely. So... am I going to gamble on it and end up with nothing? No, I will plan on collecting double Honors points instead (or whatever MR or SPG might offer; haven't looked). Basically, this will unlikely tilt the scale for me to book Hyatt (give them the extra revenue you talked about).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is it doing better than its leading peers in the industry?
How do you define "better" here?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Do you think there is any truth in this post?

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...t-track-logic/

Hyatt staff members have also confirmed that all of the benefits that are associated with status are given during the challenge which again is overly generous. Now anyone who either applies for the credit card or already has the credit card can accept the “quick qualification” and start doing the same thing they just reinvented the program to stop – eating breakfast, drinking free booze, and using suite upgrades.
No. He's already sort of backtracked on that statement in the comments section.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
They should have kept the old loyalty program. This new program is a joke, and I have seen other elite members complain about it earlier in the year when I last stayed at a Hyatt property. I have only 12 nights with Hyatt so far this year, and I do not have the Hyatt Visa. Going forward, I'm probably going to just use my Marriott platinum and maybe get Hilton gold as backup. I am Hilton silver for 2017.

I wonder about the guy I met earlier this year who planned to get 25 one night stays in before March 1 for glob status. He probably isn't thrilled people can get it for 20 nights now.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you register for the promotion after September 1st, will stays made before registering still count towards the 20 nights required?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
If you register for the promotion after September 1st, will stays made before registering still count towards the 20 nights required?
You're unable to click before the 1st?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
10 year Diamond, mostly on stays, with only 8 nights YTD. Will requal due to this promo because - and I doubt this was their intent - I already had 11 C&P nights booked in the 4th quarter to burn points and DSU's. So - they'll get 7 or 8 additional nights from me this year and I'll get Diamond for another year. Win-win situation, except for the 60nighters who really have been somewhat screwed by this promotion.

Agree that Chase had to be the driving force for this promotion, like many others here my Hyatt card went dormant 6+months ago because there was no ongoing incentive to spend $'s on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.