Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Didn't get the email but didn't have any issue signing up (have the CC).

Shows how much they screwed up but I for one don't mind this. I have pushed all of my stays to other chains (Hilton primarily - the triple points for Diamond this summer was hard to pass up) so I only have 8 nights but have 2 coming up which means 18 more before the end of the year (28 total) would give me Globalist and 8 more maintains Explorist. Probably enough to push my stays for the rest of the year to Hyatt.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by layoverdan
Just got my hyatt card in June and knew there's was no way I would make this but now I have a chance to make globalist. I'm new to hyatt but I'm guessing my two free nights at Tokyo hyatt aren't going to count toward status... but what about three nights I have planned using points and cash?
P&C counts, award stays, no.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Got the email. Weird.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So much for the "2018 will be so much better due to 'thinning of the herd'" theory.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:13 pm

I've sent an email to Hyatt Corporate, and if you don't like this promo, I suggest you do so too. Who know's if they'll listen, but...

[email protected]
[email protected]
smitty06 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
As someone who is going to hit 60 and beyond this year I'm thoroughly disappointed. Next year I suppose I should just wait for this kind of offer to come through in Q3 again.

Hyatt
Football Fan likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:20 pm

just got the email. was going to let globalist status lapse...but maybe not now.
ceebee100 and itsallgood like this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:24 pm

Does anyone know if nights paid with all points count? Also is there a way to check your status on the promo?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by naloman
Does anyone know if nights paid with all points count?
it's all in the T&C's.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pingtung
As someone who is going to hit 60 and beyond this year I'm thoroughly disappointed. Next year I suppose I should just wait for this kind of offer to come through in Q3 again.

Hyatt
I'm with you here 100%. Kind of disappointing that I've been trying to requalify and basically all of my prior business this year is essentially discarded for requalification purposes.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many people have noted here and on the blogs that you only get the suite upgrades with the true 60 night qualification. But I think they also come with the spend qualification ($20,000)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
WOH Circling the drain

Just got the same offer; I'm sure it will wind up being the same "you don't actually get the 4 suite upgrades until you hit 60" type of offer they did to the corporate accounts.

I've averaged 35 stays+/year for over 12 years - this year I'm at 4, and after I burn through my last points in December, it will drop to 1 or 2/year at best.

This type of offer is totally insulting to both current "real globs" and to former diamonds - the only real benefits to me were the suite upgrades - and I tend to doubt we'll would see them with this offer.

I would rather pay for suites I need at hotels I actually want to stay at across all chains and programs these days, as opposed to randomly getting a suite every-once-in-a-while in Buffalo or Cleveland.

WOH is circling the drain, folks.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by whitywhitytw
Can anyone confirm that the fast-track Globalist won't be able to get the 4 suite upgrades? I heard the only way to get the suite update is to achieve 60 nights.
I haven't read anything in the T&C indicating you would get the 4 TSU's without hitting 60 nights.

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal given that you get 'status' but no TSU's. No thanks
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I doubt that I will take advantage of this offer (so no fear, dear real-Globalists, I won't compete for free suite upgrades or lounge crackers). But I just got the email and it made me smile a bit.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nhwiki
Just got the same offer; I'm sure it will wind up being the same "you don't actually get the 4 suite upgrades until you hit 60" type of offer they did to the corporate accounts.

I've averaged 35 stays+/year for over 12 years - this year I'm at 4, and after I burn through my last points in December, it will drop to 1 or 2/year at best.

This type of offer is totally insulting to both current "real globs" and to former diamonds - the only real benefits to me were the suite upgrades - and I tend to doubt we'll would see them with this offer.

I would rather pay for suites I need at hotels I actually want to stay at across all chains and programs these days, as opposed to randomly getting a suite every-once-in-a-while in Buffalo or Cleveland.

WOH is circling the drain, folks.
WELL SAID!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.