Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:51 pm

It's Globalist Lite. Basically the same benefits Marriott Golds receive. i doubt that this promo will move the numbers needle much.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I haven't read anything in the T&C indicating you would get the 4 TSU's without hitting 60 nights.

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal given that you get 'status' but no TSU's. No thanks
We all value things differently, I guess. I think when I was Diamond for a few years, I got more monetary value (and joy) out of the free breakfast and club access than out of the suite upgrades. Thinking back, I think I used two for my parents (so good value; it was a nice treat for them) and one for myself and the rest expired unused or unusable.
jrm68 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Apart from screwing the true globs, it's also screwing the true explorists. You now get the 4 club lounge upgrades just for staying 10 nights, as opposed to staying the actual 30 nights.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I'm guessing Hyatt was not seeing the Glob numbers they wanted and Chase was complaining about people ditching the card.

With 9 nights total and 5 planned for the remainder of the year I could switch some SPG/Marriott and maintain Glob for less than the exploderist mark. That just gives me more time to burn through points next year.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by JackE
[JackE],

As a Hyatt Credit Cardmember, you can upgrade your status three times faster.1

Be on your way to enjoy room upgrades, Club lounge access and more.

Here’s how it works:

1 Register by September 30, 2017.

2 Stay a minimum number of qualifying nights2 at any Hyatt hotel or resort between September 1 and December 30, 2017.

– 10 nights for Explorist status (normally 30)
– 20 nights for Globalist status (normally 60)

3 Enjoy the benefits of upgraded status through February 2019.

Will nights at mLife resorts in Vegas count ?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker
Apart from screwing the true globs, it's also screwing the true explorists. You now get the 4 club lounge upgrades just for staying 10 nights, as opposed to staying the actual 30 nights.
You can already maintain Explorist status perpetually by matching back and forth with MLife status.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I've sent an email to Hyatt Corporate, and if you don't like this promo, I suggest you do so too. Who know's if they'll listen, but...

[email protected]
[email protected]

What do you mean "listen"? This is through the end of the year, and obviously they are not going to rescind the offer.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:37 pm

This offer makes a mockery of pursuing Globalist status through the published terms and may cause long term damage to the Hyatt brand's credibility. The WoH rollout must be falling way short of expectations.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
International members given the middle finger.
heakja likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Another reversal: The photo that went with this message is about as opposite as you can get to the PC photograph with the scarf they used for World of Understanding.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:42 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
What is the point? 4PM checkout, maybe a suite upgrade, and lounge access? Without the free night or the 4 suite upgrades. Am I missing something?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
This offer makes a mockery of pursuing Globalist status through the published terms and may cause long term damage to the Hyatt brand's credibility. The WoH rollout must be falling way short of expectations.
It's not just mockery. Some members, who are now strangely quiet, foolishly decided to pursue 60-night top tier because suite and lounge access would improve dramatically for the few re-qualifiers.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
What is the point? 4PM checkout, maybe a suite upgrade, and lounge access? Without the free night or the 4 suite upgrades. Am I missing something?
Breakfast?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Got the email as well. I am also pissed that I busted my tail this year to reach 54 nights YTD and now debating delaying 60th night as late as possible to dealy starting the clock on 4 moths and 12 months expiration dates of free night cert and new TSU.

This definitely a reflection that World of Hyatt is not what Hyatt expected, but they are not going to change the program this year, so this is a way to bring up the numbers.
josephstern likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by josephstern
Breakfast?
Bottle of delicious and nutritious water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.