Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Promos Passe in the New World (order)of Hyatt?

Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

So here we are going into September of 2017 and so far this year there has been exactly one promotion-and that was a real snooze IMO http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-jun-30-a.html

I guess Hyatt has just given up on those of us that are driven by promotions as well as those of us who are guided by a real world (rather than expense account) budget. Pity.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt often announce their promos quite late. i.e. August 28-30 for a promo starting Sept. 1st.

Business is good across the hotel industry. Not surprised that promos are less lucrative. Eventually the pendulum will swing back the other way.
JackE likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
September second and nothing announced- with the exception of Hyatt buying more luxury spas.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I guess they figured their promo would be to give away globalist for 20 nights?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
September second and nothing announced- with the exception of Hyatt buying more luxury spas.
Not impressed... I thought for sure there would be something for the autumn.

Business must really be good, even though the last time I caught a glance of a list of daily arrivals, almost every name had "booking.com" or "expedia" next to it - those commissions can't be much fun for the franchisee...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Business must really be good, even though the last time I caught a glance of a list of daily arrivals, almost every name had "booking.com" or "expedia" next to it - those commissions can't be much fun for the franchisee...
Interesting. I wonder how the prices are holding up on those booking engines.

I just pulled up HR SFO airport for a comparison for 4-5 Sep. On booking.com, it's $109. On Hyatt.com, it's $99 AAA, $107 member rate, and $109 standard rate. (This is a really low rate for the hotel; there are probably low rates at other nearby airport hotels)
If the HR SFO rate keeps coming back like this, I'll have no problem hitting 20 nights because I'm based out of SFO but commute there so I need to buy hotel rooms quite a bit.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I've been staying almost exclusively at Marriott during their MegaBonus promo, which ends tomorrow. Registration for the next Marriott promo begins September 7th, so I don't see myself returning to Hyatt in the near future.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Interesting. I wonder how the prices are holding up on those booking engines.

I just pulled up HR SFO airport for a comparison for 4-5 Sep. On booking.com, it's $109. On Hyatt.com, it's $99 AAA, $107 member rate, and $109 standard rate. (This is a really low rate for the hotel; there are probably low rates at other nearby airport hotels)
If the HR SFO rate keeps coming back like this, I'll have no problem hitting 20 nights because I'm based out of SFO but commute there so I need to buy hotel rooms quite a bit.
I've noticed that Hyatt has had some real bargains in Asia lately, and I will usually book whatever is the cheapest equivalent property across the Hilton/Starriott/Hyatt matrix. But, since the service and benefits at Hyatts in Asia seem to have been reduced, I now favor Hilton and Starriott over Hyatt there, even if it costs me a bit more. However, I won't pay 30% more, hence my recent run of Hyatt stays in Asia.

Last edited by zombietooth; Sep 4, 2017 at 10:06 am
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:20 am

Remember in Asia to use the HY Visa promotion for stay 2 one free
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by lorribarnes
Remember in Asia to use the HY Visa promotion for stay 2 one free
I can't find any references to this promo. Link?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:14 am

not sure of the link but i have been using alot. just type HYVISA in the promos code box.
Here is a link for the old one but it is still working http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/04/13/h...march-31-2017/
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Just tried it for a res at the Grand Hyatt Singapore next February and no luck, but good to have in my back pocket to try on other reservations when I make them. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I don't think they've announced a replacement for Jeff. Maybe it will take the replacement to start a new promo
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mmgm
I don't think they've announced a replacement for Jeff. Maybe it will take the replacement to start a new promo
Email Gina Tallarico and ask her.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:53 pm

Well, In A Hyatt World, it's more about subscription box clubs, home sharing and spas... not hotel stays...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.