Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 22, 4:36 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 59Impala
Wiki Link
More detailed information on Ziva and Zilara can be viewed here and are up to date. Such as restaurant menus, further hotel information, cabana reservations etc:

Zilara: https://zilaracapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Ziva: https://zivacapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 15, 19, 6:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Morkai View Post
How did you get a 25k point night free cert?
That was the 60 night milestone/Globalist renewal cert, good for category 1-7.
Old Nov 17, 19, 6:57 am

5th night free promo $100 spa credit.

dose anyone have an email or screenshot of the spa credit offer. i remember reading it when i booked but i cant seem to find it anywhere now and i want to have proof just in case.
Old Nov 17, 19, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by The Law99 View Post
dose anyone have an email or screenshot of the spa credit offer. i remember reading it when i booked but i cant seem to find it anywhere now and i want to have proof just in case.
Here it is. My initial email confirmation didnít include anything about the credit, so I called Hyatt and they sent me another confirmation that included it.

Old Nov 17, 19, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by avatexrs View Post
Here it is. My initial email confirmation didnít include anything about the credit, so I called Hyatt and they sent me another confirmation that included it.

Awesome thanks. Any chance u got a picture of the terms
Old Nov 17, 19, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by The Law99 View Post
Awesome thanks. Any chance u got a picture of the terms
I found this in an email offer I received on October 29:

Old Nov 17, 19, 6:50 pm

I found this in an email offer I received on October 29:

Thanks. Wanted to confirm I had to spend $160 to get credit
Old Dec 3, 19, 5:08 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Both Ziva and Zilara are now officially open as of Dec 2, 2019
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123915

Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara Brands Debut in The Dominican Republic

The two all-inclusive resorts bring the best of the Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara brand to life within the exclusive gated community of Cap Cana, located in Punta Cana
CHICAGO (December 2, 2019) - Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) and Playa Hotels & Resorts (NASDAQ: PLYA) today announced the opening of the combined 750-room all-inclusive Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana resorts, marking Hyatt’s entry into the Dominican Republic. The family friendly Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and adults-only Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana are the latest resorts to join the award-winning Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara portfolios, which are designed for travelers seeking an effortless, all-inclusive experience. Under the ownership and operation of Playa Hotels & Resorts, the Cap Cana debut brings the total number of Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara resorts to eight across Mexico and the Caribbean. Considered an expert in this space, Playa Hotels & Resorts owns and operates the two resorts, delivering a new level of sophistication and service to the island’s all-inclusive market.

Situated on 40-acre beachfront property on picturesque Juanillo Beach, the 375-room Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and 375-room Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana resorts are nestled on the eastern shores of the Dominican Republic in the exclusive gated community of Cap Cana, home to two miles of spectacular white sand beaches, a protected harbor marina, state-of-the-art equestrian center and an award-winning golf course. The new resorts promise a tropical paradise where guests are inspired to reconnect with loved ones, enjoy time away from their busy lives, and experience the most unique aspects of the Dominican Republic.

• Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana Main Pool

• Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana Exterior

“As our first ground up build, we set out to define what all-inclusive means in the Dominican Republic,” said Alex Stadlin, chief operating officer, Playa Hotels & Resorts. “Cap Cana is regarded as one of the best destinations in the Caribbean, and Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana provide a welcomed originality to the country’s hospitality landscape, including elevated dining and entertainment experiences, a sophisticated ambiance, authentic touches, and our signature Service from the Heart.”

Designed by architect Ken Shannon, Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana shatter the expectations associated with traditional all-inclusive resorts by evoking a premium experience and thoughtful touchpoints at every turn. With two distinct sections united by an elevated common area overlooking the pools and oceanfront vista below, Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana offers individual resort experiences, each evoking a distinct personality that caters to travelers seeking an adult escape or multigenerational experience.

“Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana offer an elevated experience for our global guests,” said Frank Lavey, senior vice president of operations, Hyatt. “The resorts’ compelling design creates areas that help create family memories, while also featuring intimate places where adults can recharge, reconnect and pamper themselves. We’re also proud to deliver elevated amenities, all centered around Hyatt’s pillars of wellbeing: Feel, Fuel and Function.”

The dual-branded development is home to a variety of shared amenities for guests of all ages including nine world-class, globally inspired dining venues, a variety of water activities like aqua cycling and paddle boarding and unique activities such as gourmet cooking lessons and Paint and Sip wine and painting classes. The resort also features an elevated fitness center modeled after a traditional rum distillery, and the world-class Larimar Spa. The spa is inspired by a cenote and complete with a cascading waterfall within the hydrotherapy pool, and features a larimar stone-infused sky-lit lagoon and the Dominican Republic’s first Himalayan Salt Lounge. Specifically geared towards the Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana guests, a KidZ Club, Teen Zone, athletic courts and a state-of-the-art water park are also available on-site.

Ideal for large gatherings and multigenerational travelers, Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana share the largest meeting and event spaces within the entire portfolio. With 45,000 square feet of functional meeting and event space, the resort boasts the main ballroom, more than 12 breakout rooms, a covered terrace and event lawn—plus a 300-seat open-air theater.

Save up to 55% + get your 5th night free – To celebrate this milestone opening, guests can receive a 55% discount off the standard rate for bookings made at Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana and Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana between now and December 17, 2019, for stays through December 20, 2020. Stay at least five nights and get the 5th night free.

For more information, please visit www.hyattzivacapcana.com & www.hyattzilaracapcana.com. Follow along on social via @Hyattzivacapcana and @Hyattzilaracapcana.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:16 am

Saturday open this up a month prior for reservations. Just shows you how ill prepared they were for the November opening if they only announced it publicly a month later.
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 6, 19, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any Globalist benefits on points stay?

Iíve read through this thread, but not much actual history due to newness. Based on other Ziva/Zilara stays should I expect even a one category upgrade from my Globalist status. Someone shared with me on FB, they were offered an upgrade, on a Points reservation , for about $200 per night.
Also, Iím assuming no club access , unless I have a club room.
Looks like Oceanfront rooms are more expensive than Club rooms, but donít carry Club access. Am I right.
Old Dec 6, 19, 5:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by beachmiles View Post
Iíve read through this thread, but not much actual history due to newness. Based on other Ziva/Zilara stays should I expect even a one category upgrade from my Globalist status. Someone shared with me on FB, they were offered an upgrade, on a Points reservation , for about $200 per night.
Also, Iím assuming no club access , unless I have a club room.
Looks like Oceanfront rooms are more expensive than Club rooms, but donít carry Club access. Am I right.
I've stayed Cabo and Cancun, and you should get full Globalist benefits regardless of points or cash payment. If Globalist, you always have club access.

I would not expect a Globalist upgrade if it is busy, just like at any hotel.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Dec 21, 19, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any FTer stay review? Hope constructions are complete.
Old Dec 21, 19, 7:46 am

Stayed at Zilara December 10-16. 4 nights paid + 1 free night + 1 on points. Booked lowest priced room. As Explorist was upgraded to top (6th) floor resort view but only cash upgrade offered for ocean front or swim out suite - don’t remember how much. All rooms have ocean views except for lower levels, some of which couldn’t see over some of the grounds/restaurants/pools to the ocean.

Resort is truly beautiful. Even the pictures on the Hyatt website don’t do it justice. Everything is brand new, all restaurants are open (although not every one on every night), As best I could tell the only remaining construction is the spa, the gift ship and some of the rooms. Never heard construction noise.

Biggest fitness center I’ve ever seen at a hotel. More like Gold’s Gym or LA Fitness size.

Service was excellent. Estimate the place was probably only 30% full when I was there and staff to guest ratio seemed like 1:3.

Almost cancelled after reading the TPG review last month and so glad I didn’t.

Happy to answer any questions.
Old Dec 21, 19, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you.^

What airport transfer options are available? Any interesting activities (scuba diving? snorkeling?) outside of resort?

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 21, 19 at 8:42 am
Old Dec 21, 19, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Thank you.^

What airport transfer options are available? Any interesting activities (scuba diving? snorkeling?) outside of resort?
For transfers, we used:
https://www.puntacanamike.com/
They weíre a little less expensive than the other private transfers - $25 each way. Our flight was two hours late and they were waiting for us.

They had kayaks and Hobie cats available onsite. We didnít go offsite. Thereís a free shuttle to a shopping mall but we werenít interested in that. Not much else nearby.
beachmiles and cuthroat like this.
Old Dec 27, 19, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at Zilara December 10-16. 4 nights paid + 1 free night + 1 on points. Booked lowest priced room. As Explorist was upgraded to top (6th) floor resort view but only cash upgrade offered for ocean front or swim out suite ............
I received the same as Globalist with TSU applied. You did well.

4th to 6th floor rooms are considered Ocean View, not Resort View. Resort View Rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floors where view is obstructed by buildings or trees. There is little value in using TSU here as they don't upgrade to real suites, not even Ocean Front. A cash surcharge is required for Ocean Front or Suite upgrades. Rooms, ok Junior Suites, are rather similar to Turquoise Tower of Ziva Cancun which was also built by Plays Resorts.

Search this Thread