Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
More detailed information on Ziva and Zilara can be viewed here and are up to date. Such as restaurant menus, further hotel information, cabana reservations etc:

Zilara: https://zilaracapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Ziva: https://zivacapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Print Wikipost

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:37 am

Got the "intro offer" email as well... We've been to Ziva Cancun twice and love it.. so looking to see pricing/points settle out... def. not jumping on this 45% offer, I agreee... I get those once a month from Ziva Cancun (if not 50%+ off)
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:55 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by levilevi
Got the "intro offer" email as well... We've been to Ziva Cancun twice and love it.. so looking to see pricing/points settle out... def. not jumping on this 45% offer, I agreee... I get those once a month from Ziva Cancun (if not 50%+ off)
true, these "50% off"-promotions are a farce... I never seen rates NOT on a 45-50% promotion.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:37 pm

It does look like a very nice property though! Anyone know anything about the surrounding area, quality/clarity of the water, safety, etc?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:41 am

Noticed today that you can now book rooms through the Hyatt website versus the special link. Rates via WoH points are not showing up yet.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by reslfakb
Noticed today that you can now book rooms through the Hyatt website versus the special link. Rates via WoH points are not showing up yet.
I keep checking to see what category the properties will be.

The two other DR properties (SLH) are 25K per night, but they are not all inclusives.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:00 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by katstarr
I keep checking to see what category the properties will be.

The two other DR properties (SLH) are 25K per night, but they are not all inclusives.
The Zilara/Ziva properties aren't categorized like most of the other Hyatt brands. They have their own schedule of points required for free nights. The current rates for the all-inclusive properties are either 20k or 25k for a standard room for 1 or 2 people.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:59 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

The Cap Cana reward booking is open. 25,000 points for room of 2 people.

Personally I would not want to have the entire stay at an all-inclusive property. We spent 3 nights at Ziva Cancun. The kids got bored with the food after 1.5 days. Food gets boring.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:57 pm

Booked a stay here for early November any idea on if this will open on time? I am about to purchase nonrefundable tickets.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Booked a stay here for early November any idea on if this will open on time? I am about to purchase nonrefundable tickets.
Seems like a big risk. I’d at least book Southwest to avoid change fees if needed.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:57 am

anyone able to book a suite with points yet? The option is there but nothing seems to be available. Call in for this?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Keep lowering the rates and maybe they will get some bookings. Poor timing for a new all inclusive to open in DR.

Buying non refundable air tickets set for a Caribbean resort opening seems like a great idea.......for a comedy sketch.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:21 am

eyeing next spring for this property. Currently, junior suites are bookable online for 25k per night. Is this a suite only property?

We are a family of 5 (including 12/10/3 YOs). If I want to upgrade to a master suite (I believe these have 1 BR plus a separate living room), what is the standard upgrade fee per night?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gumercindo
eyeing next spring for this property. Currently, junior suites are bookable online for 25k per night. Is this a suite only property?

We are a family of 5 (including 12/10/3 YOs). If I want to upgrade to a master suite (I believe these have 1 BR plus a separate living room), what is the standard upgrade fee per night?
Yes, suites only.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/do...na/pujif/rooms
Check into one of 375 spacious suites situated on 40 acres of oceanfront.

Given that it hasn't opened yet, I doubt that they have a "standard upgrade fee" published. From the Cancun Ziva/Zilara, the upgrade fee is roughly the price difference vs if you'd booked it that way.

Surprisingly, I checked and the actually have a number of rooms with occupancy of 5. You'll almost certainly be better off to just book two rooms though because the additional fee per person for AI is pretty significant. I want to say it's 10K points/person/night?

Any of the rooms with two beds + sofabad are ok to have 5 people (there are five room types that qualify).
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:53 pm

Any news on the opening? I've bought my tickets but no word.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:24 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
Yes, suites only.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/do...na/pujif/rooms
Check into one of 375 spacious suites situated on 40 acres of oceanfront.

Given that it hasn't opened yet, I doubt that they have a "standard upgrade fee" published. From the Cancun Ziva/Zilara, the upgrade fee is roughly the price difference vs if you'd booked it that way.

Surprisingly, I checked and the actually have a number of rooms with occupancy of 5. You'll almost certainly be better off to just book two rooms though because the additional fee per person for AI is pretty significant. I want to say it's 10K points/person/night?

Any of the rooms with two beds + sofabad are ok to have 5 people (there are five room types that qualify).
If this property is 25K pts per night for 1 or 2 persons, it would be 12.5K pts per night for each additional person, based on the rates at other Ziva/Zilara properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.