Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
More detailed information on Ziva and Zilara can be viewed here and are up to date. Such as restaurant menus, further hotel information, cabana reservations etc:

Zilara: https://zilaracapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Ziva: https://zivacapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Print Wikipost

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by avatexrs
If you Google that 888 number it appears in a lot of posts when other Hyatts have issues with reservations / closures.

Please post after you speak to them. I have a reservation in December at the Zilara and who knows what things will be like by them.
Will do. Will probably speak with them tomorrow. Hyatt messenger team also confirmed it is Hyatt
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:58 pm

There’s a Hyatt Ziva and Zilara Ca Cana fan group on Facebook you can join instantly. Lots of pictures and info posted already by guests onsite.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:49 am

It's just a marketing page the comments are all just from looking at the pictures.

I rebooked my 11/1 stay for 11/28 hope all is resolved by then.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
I called the number that was emailed to me yesterday. The GSR was affable and informative (although not all information was entirely accurate--lots of spinning), but no accommodation or compensation was offered. The call was a "heads-up" more than anything else. Essentially, I was told if I had any concerns, I should speak with the management team on-property, and they will determine what is best.

I wasn't too thrilled with this... I suggested proactively discounting my stay a bit, especially given the timeline with my arrival taking place inside of two weeks, or inviting us back when the resort is operating as intended, and I was told my request will be passed on, but that was all they could do.

Will be interested to see if anyone else has a different experience...
cuthroat likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by orca1114
I called the number that was emailed to me yesterday. The GSR was affable and informative (although not all information was entirely accurate--lots of spinning), but no accommodation or compensation was offered. The call was a "heads-up" more than anything else. Essentially, I was told if I had any concerns, I should speak with the management team on-property, and they will determine what is best.

I wasn't too thrilled with this... I suggested proactively discounting my stay a bit, especially given the timeline with my arrival taking place inside of two weeks, or inviting us back when the resort is operating as intended, and I was told my request will be passed on, but that was all they could do.

You can escalate, when I was in this situation previously they allowed me to rebook my stay for free a year later but I had to decide the dates almost right away
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:33 pm

When was your booking? At the Ziva I assume? Did they cancel it or try to move you to the Zilara?

According to the Facebook "Fan Page", the opening for the Ziva has been pushed back to Nov 11 or Nov 21 depending on who is commenting.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by Morkai
When was your booking? At the Ziva I assume? Did they cancel it or try to move you to the Zilara?

According to the Facebook "Fan Page", the opening for the Ziva has been pushed back to Nov 11 or Nov 21 depending on who is commenting.
Zilara. We were hoping for a kid-free trip. Booking is 11/16-19.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:02 pm

What were they contacting you about?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Morkai
What were they contacting you about?
Literally just giving me a heads up that Ziva wont be open and that families/kids will be sharing Zilara with us so Zilara wont be kid-free. They said the managers are doing their best to keep kids and adults separated, hahaha... No options given... I was just told to speak to manager on property if I have any concerns. It was a friendly, but mostly pointless, phone call. I did ask for some modest compensation given the timeline (arriving in less than 2 weeks) and my financial expenditure on nonrefundable airfare... but I was told they were not authorizing anything over the phone. All adjustments are being made by hotel managers on-site after arrival. I was definitely perturbed by that, but there's not much I can do, apparently.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:40 pm

Literally just giving me a heads up that Ziva wont be open and that families/kids will be sharing Zilara with us so Zilara wont be kid-free. They said the managers are doing their best to keep kids and adults separated, hahaha... No options given... I was just told to speak to manager on property if I have any concerns. It was a friendly, but mostly pointless, phone call. I did ask for some modest compensation given the timeline (arriving in less than 2 weeks) and my financial expenditure on nonrefundable airfare... but I was told they were not authorizing anything over the phone. All adjustments are being made by hotel managers on-site after arrival. I was definitely perturbed by that, but there's not much I can do, apparently.
Update: I was just contacted via phone by one of the nice Omaha agents. She told me my requests were passed on to the hotel and the response from the hotel was that they offered to upgrade us to a club room. Which... wait for it... is what I'm booked in already, not to mention that I would be entitled to the club access already based on my Globalist status. She then said that they could have the hotel move our reservation to a "sister property" in Cap Cana if I would prefer, but there would be no discount--just transferring the reservation to a different hotel.

I reminded her that we wanted to stay at Hyatt as Globalists (need the elite nights, too!) and we booked what we did based on what was advertised many months ago, but now they are not delivering (spa not open, gym not open, water park not open, kids in the adults-only area, etc). I advised her to request a discounted rate again or invite us back sometime in 2020 when things are operating at full capacity. Playa Resorts (owner) seems to be playing it SUPER CHEAP here. Not cool.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:45 am

They seem to be in a bit of disarray. Lots of conflicting information on the FB page. Here's hoping they are moving quickly to get things done before your trip. I arrive not much later than you around the 30th.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Update: I was just contacted via phone by one of the nice Omaha agents. She told me my requests were passed on to the hotel and the response from the hotel was that they offered to upgrade us to a club room. Which... wait for it... is what I'm booked in already, not to mention that I would be entitled to the club access already based on my Globalist status. She then said that they could have the hotel move our reservation to a "sister property" in Cap Cana if I would prefer, but there would be no discount--just transferring the reservation to a different hotel.

I reminded her that we wanted to stay at Hyatt as Globalists (need the elite nights, too!) and we booked what we did based on what was advertised many months ago, but now they are not delivering (spa not open, gym not open, water park not open, kids in the adults-only area, etc). I advised her to request a discounted rate again or invite us back sometime in 2020 when things are operating at full capacity. Playa Resorts (owner) seems to be playing it SUPER CHEAP here. Not cool.
Be careful if you need these nights to maintain status - Playa Resorts doesn't care at all about your Globalist status and their offer to move you to a sister property may endanger your eligible night status.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by wrldwide1
Be careful if you need these nights to maintain status - Playa Resorts doesn't care at all about your Globalist status and their offer to move you to a sister property may endanger your eligible night status.
Yes. This is exactly why I still need to stay at Hyatt rather than a Playa sister property. But a concession on the rate seems like a pretty modest ask on my part... hopefully they eventually oblige.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by The Law99
Will do. Will probably speak with them tomorrow. Hyatt messenger team also confirmed it is Hyatt
Had the same conversation as everyone else. They were very nice but didn't offer much. The rep did saybziva should be opened by the 20th. She also said that for the most part they will have separate adult pools and are try to keep the rooms separated
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:11 am

Rough review here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/hyatt-...ning-problems/

I head down Nov 30. Will be making my voice heard if Ziva is not opened and there is not fair compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.