Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
More detailed information on Ziva and Zilara can be viewed here and are up to date. Such as restaurant menus, further hotel information, cabana reservations etc:

Zilara: https://zilaracapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Ziva: https://zivacapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Print Wikipost

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Surprised to hear this as they give credit on points nights, credit card certificate free nights.
It seems to come up about every other day on the forums here

If Hyatt is paying the entirety of the room rate for the day through a "nth night free" promo, their system is coded such that you don't get a night credit.
If you pay with cash, points, P+C, CC free night certificates, bonus/promotional free night certificates, then you are using *your* resources to pay for the night so they give you credit. (Although up until about two years ago, you didn't get credit for points or certificates).
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:00 am

I cancelled my November 1 stay here. They said it would be a soft opening and they told me not everything else be open.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I cancelled my November 1 stay here. They said it would be a soft opening and they told me not everything else be open.
Dis they say specifically what won’t be open?

I’ve got a stay booked Nov 23 to 28 at Zilara.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:07 pm

Kylash, everything I've read is that they will be open November 1 but some amenities will be limited.

There is a Facebook group that I joined a few months back. It's a private group but I think anyone can join (just search on FB Hyatt Ziva Zilara Cap Cana). There is a ton of info regarding the progress of the property (pictures, videos, transfer companies, etc.).
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:19 pm

anyone have an email to contact the hotel?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by zagguru
anyone have an email to contact the hotel?
Ivan Santana
Chief Concierge
[email protected]
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by reslfakb
Kylash, everything I've read is that they will be open November 1 but some amenities will be limited.

There is a Facebook group that I joined a few months back. It's a private group but I think anyone can join (just search on FB Hyatt Ziva Zilara Cap Cana). There is a ton of info regarding the progress of the property (pictures, videos, transfer companies, etc.).
Thanks, very helpful group.

I also get a direct response from the resort saying they "do not anticipate any delays with the opening of our facilities and restaurants. The only facility that will not be fully ready is our SPA. Nevertheless we will be offering limited SPA services"
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Does anyone know what are the specific perks/offers for the Club Access at the Zilara? I looked on the site and I do not see anything listed...
If you go to book through the Playa Resorts site, these are the benefits they list:
This suite includes Club Level access, an upgraded experience offering additional luxuries such as:
• Private check-in and check-out in an exclusive area
• Personalized concierge services
• Best views in our exclusive Club Level area
• Premium-brand liquors
• Complimentary domestic & international calls
• 10% discount on spa and salon services
• Exclusive Club Level Lounge featuring imported premium drinks, appetizers and continental breakfast, table games & WIFI
• Exclusive access to breakfast & lunch a la carte for club guests
• Late check-out based on availability
• Private access to Club Pool
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:32 pm

Hey guys,

Current news as of this morning.

Ziva isn't opening until November 10 at the earliest.

Zilara is opening on time.

Everyone will be accommodated at Zilara (including with kids).

Source: Hyatt Customer Service and my Hyatt Globalist Concierge.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by waygora
Hey guys,

Current news as of this morning.

Ziva isn't opening until November 10 at the earliest.

Zilara is opening on time.

Everyone will be accommodated at Zilara (including with kids).

Source: Hyatt Customer Service and my Hyatt Globalist Concierge.
I doubt that is going to please the Zilara folks who specifically booked Zilara to get away from kids.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:59 am

The Zilara website still says opening November 1, but the Ziva website now says opening Fall 2019 and isn’t accepting reservations until November 21. I’m supposed to stay at the Zilara starting on December 10 and keeping my fingers crossed that there won’t be any kids there and the restaurants at both resorts are open.

Last edited by avatexrs; Oct 31, 2019 at 9:05 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I doubt that is going to please the Zilara folks who specifically booked Zilara to get away from kids.
According to one of the travel blogs I saw (don't know if it's allowed or not but I will link to it at the end of this post), Hyatt is offering to move anyone with reservations at Zilara to another adults-only resort in DR.

Hyatt Zilara guests are being given the option to relocate to the adults-only Sanctuary Cap Cana, another all-inclusive property on the eastern edge of the Caribbean nation.

The spokesperson assured us that “all rooms will be of equal or greater value” but it is not clear how travelers who booked with points — or expected to earn them — will be reimbursed or compensated.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/hyatt-...ening-delayed/
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:11 pm

November stay

I have a stay at the zilara coming up in mid November so hopefully I'll be able to give a report on what it's like. I also got an email from the hotel saying they need to talk to me so hopefully I'll get some info then on what's going on. This was the email. As a side note I'm a little paranoid can anyone confirm this is actually Hyatt I'm also waiting for Hyatt's messenger team to get back to me
cuthroat likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:25 pm

I got the same email @ 5:11 PST. I also have a mid Nov stay planned. They called me to from 402-593-8800 about an hour ago, but I didn't answer.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:00 pm

If you Google that 888 number it appears in a lot of posts when other Hyatts have issues with reservations / closures.

Please post after you speak to them. I have a reservation in December at the Zilara and who knows what things will be like by them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.