Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gift Cards at 5x with Chase Ink - Any Options Left?

Old Aug 11, 17, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

For years now, all of my North and Central American stays at Hyatts have been paid for with Hyatt gift cards purchased with a Chase Ink card to get 5x points per dollar.

But it seems that all of the options have dried up - no doubt due to the rampant fraud on these cards.

Originally, I think, I just bought these at office supply stores.

Then I moved on to PayPal Digital Gifts, and then to Gyft.com.

Eventually I just started getting them on Amazon using Amazon GCs that I bought at office supply stores (thus also snagging the 3x JetBlue miles in the process).

But now I'm down to nothing.

Am I missing some avenue to keep this going? I have a few big stays left this year and I really like the discount that these gift cards have provided.
Old Aug 12, 17, 6:25 am

Programs: UA,AA,Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy platinum
Buy gift cards through cardcash within 45 days of needing them(they only have a 45 day guarantee and I've had many with problems but immediately get a refund after telling them).Personally I buy gc's the day before or same day so I only have to check balance once. Check out with paypal using your Ink card. you'll get your points.
josephstern and y0shiy0shi like this.
Old Aug 12, 17, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Sounds like a good plan. I've hated dealing with the resellers in the past due to the fraud issues, but this is probably the next good plan left. Plus, there's a discount involved that might offset the pain of the fraudulent cards.

Interesting that the direct options are gone (office supply, Amazon, etc.) but that the discount resellers remain - or some, anyway.
Old Aug 26, 17, 9:14 pm

I think GiftCardMart also gets 5x.

EDIT: No longer true. GCM lost their 5x status.

Last edited by ENOTTY; Oct 6, 17 at 10:11 pm
Old Sep 10, 17, 6:21 pm

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Question

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
For years now, all of my North and Central American stays at Hyatts have been paid for with Hyatt gift cards purchased with a Chase Ink card to get 5x points per dollar.

But it seems that all of the options have dried up - no doubt due to the rampant fraud on these cards.

Originally, I think, I just bought these at office supply stores.

Then I moved on to PayPal Digital Gifts, and then to Gyft.com.

Eventually I just started getting them on Amazon using Amazon GCs that I bought at office supply stores (thus also snagging the 3x JetBlue miles in the process).

But now I'm down to nothing.

Am I missing some avenue to keep this going? I have a few big stays left this year and I really like the discount that these gift cards have provided.
Dang! You weren't kidding. They have dried up EVERYWHERE. Even Staples.com got rid of them.

Besides resellers, has anyone seen them in the wild anymore?
Old Sep 12, 17, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
Dang! You weren't kidding. They have dried up EVERYWHERE. Even Staples.com got rid of them.

Besides resellers, has anyone seen them in the wild anymore?
My local grocery store still carries them. Cub Foods in MN
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
CardCash has zero inventory of Hyatt GC. I suspect that recent fraud conplaints killed it there too.

It baffles me that Hyatt can't just copy what every other hotel chain does. I can't recall ever having a problem with Marriott GC.
Old Sep 12, 17, 11:03 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Giftcardgranny.com says that Gift Card Spread has Hyatt GCs @ 12% discount. Of course there's the same risk of fraud . I just checked out of the HR Vancouver yesterday, owing C$465 ( US$383) on a P&C stay. I thought of buying GCs to cover it, but I have a Chase Hyatt Visa so I would get only 1 pp$ vs. 3 pp$ . I value WoH points at 2c US each, so I would really be saving only 8%, so ~US$30 IF the Hyatt system used the mid-market rate for conversion. I decided it was not worth the hassle.
Old Oct 2, 17, 12:42 pm

So cardcash codes as 5x for ink and has announced they're selling *new* gift cards now -- Hyatt is on the list:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/cardc...thats-awesome/
https://www.cardcash.com/buy-gift-cards/new/

Didn't buy one yet, but it looks promising, as you can specify the exact amount for the card.