Wiki Posts
Search

Bad experience at Miraval

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime platinum; Hyatt diamond;
Bad experience at Miraval

My wife and I just checked in at Miraval. Both of us are globalist. We called front desk this morning around 10am, asking if any room upgrade is available. A gentleman told us not available at the moment but will keep checking. Arrived the property around 12pm, checked availability again at front desk. A lady did not check anything in the system, and immediately told us the originally assigned room is the only room available. We ended up with a room without any view

It seems to me that the integration of Mivaral and WOH program is not well-done yet. The front desk does not recognize WOH elite members; they do not know or are not willing to upgrade room, not to mention any other benefit. It is not worth the 65,000 points per night we spend, even if we can get 50% back.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Did you get the room you paid for?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There's a rather substantial difference between DYKWIA failure and a "bad experience".

You might not like the place... fine... think it overpriced... unquestionably... But you obviously haven't been paying attention to the new WoH if you think upgrades are so guaranteed that a failure to get an upgrade - hours before standard check-in - constitutes a bad experience.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Why not ask occupancy level? But really, why come on here shortly after checking in? No sympathy, but thanks for posting. We're a few days behind you and my wife will not be happy if we end up in your situation. I'll send him to do battle if required.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

I will be sad if I get a room with no view.

Setting that aside, how is the food? How are the activities? How are you using your daily credit?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Occupancy shouldn't be that high considering it's scorching hot in Tucson.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The original room also had no view?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.