Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I once considered staying here on an overnight SEA connection because it looked so lovely and new, but when I checked location and transportation details, fortunately I decided on Olive 8 instead (and had a wonderful stay in their Presidential Suite and a nice breakfast in their restaurant, preCOVID-19).
So you've never stayed here. Very helpful.

Olive 8 is currently closed.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 1:39 am

Is the gym currently open?
Do they have Peloton (how many)
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by evergrn
Is the gym currently open?
It's currently closed. I haven't been to a hotel in months with an open gym (travels in AZ, CA, NY, and WA).
Old Sep 6, 2020, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's currently closed. I haven't been to a hotel in months with an open gym (travels in AZ, CA, NY, and WA).
ok thanks
gym was open at Hyatt in NV and semi-
open (one person at a time) at the one in CA
Old Sep 6, 2020, 12:31 pm

Gyms are open in TX.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 12:41 pm

So you've never stayed here. Very helpful.

Olive 8 is currently closed.
The hard product at HR Lake Washington is much nicer than Olive 8 or Grand Hyatt IMHO...... Both Olive 8 and Grand are franchises and it shows with the deferred maintenance.... they both really need a renovoation. HR Lake Wa (and the HR downtown) are corporate-run properties and thus much more consistent/better kept.

THAT said, I have, however, had a few (multiple) negative run-ins with the GM at HR Lake Wa - I really think she has a negative view of Globalists and considers us over-entitled (which many of us probably are). For example, she once refused to give me a lake view suite saying those were "premium" even though they had plenty and the only difference is the view (most premium suites are larger/fancier than standard suites). It was parking garage view suite or "deluxe" room with lake view. I took the later... and I thought her attitude was petty and irritating. I also observed her in the club lounge (she didn't know who I was as we never spoke face to face) and she was pretty rude and unfriendly in her general demeanor. The staff seems to reflect this attitude a bit - always coming across as a bit aloof, "new", and not trained very well.

However - it's a gorgeous building in a very unique location with incredible views from many rooms. The rates can also be a steal.... which leads me to wonder how profitable it isn't.... which might reflect the service.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
I have, however, had a few (multiple) negative run-ins with the GM at HR Lake Wa - I really think she has a negative view of Globalists and considers us over-entitled (which many of us probably are). For example, she once refused to give me a lake view suite saying those were "premium" even though they had plenty and the only difference is the view (most premium suites are larger/fancier than standard suites). It was parking garage view suite or "deluxe" room with lake view. I took the later... and I thought her attitude was petty and irritating. I also observed her in the club lounge (she didn't know who I was as we never spoke face to face) and she was pretty rude and unfriendly in her general demeanor. The staff seems to reflect this attitude a bit - always coming across as a bit aloof, "new", and not trained very well.
Current GM was appointed November 2018 . . . is that who you're referring to? She was pretty responsive when I raised an issue with her. That said, they are a bit cheap . . . for example, if you book the "Members Save More + Breakfast" rate the breakfast consists of a muffin or bagel from the Market plus brewed coffee or juice. Contrast that with HR Bellevue, where they give you a full restaurant breakfast.

I've just been booking the room I want. The rates are super low, particularly given the quality of the hard product, with a fairly small delta between the base room and the Lakeview Deluxe (which is a super nice room, would be called a junior suite by many properties).
Old Sep 6, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Current GM was appointed November 2018 . . . is that who you're referring to? She was pretty responsive when I raised an issue with her. That said, they are a bit cheap . . . for example, if you book the "Members Save More + Breakfast" rate the breakfast consists of a muffin or bagel from the Market plus brewed coffee or juice. Contrast that with HR Bellevue, where they give you a full restaurant breakfast.

I've just been booking the room I want. The rates are super low, particularly given the quality of the hard product, with a fairly small delta between the base room and the Lakeview Deluxe (which is a super nice room, would be called a junior suite by many properties).
That breakfast sounds inferior to the standard Glob breakfast. I've observed other HRs doing a standard Glob breakfast (coffee, juice, and main course item) for their "members with breakfast" rates.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:25 pm

Yes it's the same GM. And yes, they are VERY cheap. The club lounge was horrible in the beginning (later modestly improved). The breakfast offering your describing is pathetic. My last stay (for globs) it was a $25 credit (I think per person but not sure) at the Grab and Go... the food was very mediocre and they were missing several items from the menu. This was post COVID so club and restaurant are/were closed.

As for your room, as an Explorist you know you are entitled to a Lakeview Deluxe as an upgrade upon arrival. Choosing to pay guarantees you the room but you have every right to book the cheapest room and expect that room on arrival if available. I've never seen this hotel very full and suspect those rooms are typically available....

Again, it's a nice facility but I'm not a fan of the GM (who is a long time Hyatt veteran - normally I love the long timers!)
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:25 pm

As for your room, as an Explorist you know you are entitled to a Lakeview Deluxe as an upgrade upon arrival. Choosing to pay guarantees you the room but you have every right to book the cheapest room and expect that room on arrival if available. I've never seen this hotel very full and suspect those rooms are typically available....
Right, but the property is actually pretty popular right now, particularly the lake view rooms, and I'm totally fine paying an extra $24 per night to guarantee a much better room.

This place definitely has its flaws, particularly on the service side, but with the waterfront, parkside location, the views, and the ultra-high quality build and furnishings (better than many GHs), it is an awfully nice place to stay right now, especially in the $150/night range.
My last stay (for globs) it was a $25 credit (I think per person but not sure) at the Grab and Go... the food was very mediocre and they were missing several items from the menu.
The staff in the Market are comically inept. They can't handle the normal flow of business on a Saturday or Sunday morning . . . imagine what it's like when you add in "free" breakfast for 100+ rooms (I saw the list), which has to be personally explained to each guest. Whoever had the brilliant idea of selling a discounted "breakfast" rate that is fulfilled through the Market is either an idiot or a sadist.

Last edited by Kacee; Sep 6, 2020 at 7:31 pm
Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the updates on post COVID breakfast. This is my go to hotel when I travel to Seattle. I’ve always been upgraded to a corner lake view. I usually spend more time trying to see what’s going on at the factory vs looking over the lake!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Thanks for the updates on post COVID breakfast. This is my go to hotel when I travel to Seattle. I’ve always been upgraded to a corner lake view. I usually spend more time trying to see what’s going on at the factory vs looking over the lake!
There's a factory at this HR?

David
Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by DELee
There's a factory at this HR?
Boeing is right next door. The west side of the building overlooks one of their hangars.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:46 am

Boeing is right next door. The west side of the building overlooks one of their hangars.
Where EVERY 737 and 757 flying today was built... I think few travelers understand the historical significance of that factory...
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Where EVERY 737 and 757 flying today was built... I think few travelers understand the historical significance of that factory...
"I'd like a room that overlooks the factory, please".

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.