Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Why would parking be waived for Globalists? That only occurs on award stays.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Stayed here last week. Loved the views of the Boeing factory and the club offerings. Hated the construction noise from the office building adjacent to the hotel that went on all night. Had two separate stays and both times they put me in the Exec Suite, which has views off the side of the hotel overlooking the 737 apron (cool) but also primarily faces the construction (not cool). Club offerings were fairly hearty including strip steak and mash one night. Hotel charged me for both self and valet park and after I called down to remove the valet park, charged me for an even more expensive valet parking so watch the folio carefully.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the trip report, slippahs. Glad the club offerings were good. Did you get a sense of how far along the construction was? And I gather you did do self-park, so should have been charged for that?

PortlySpartacus, I understand that free parking isn't a guaranteed globalist benefit. I've had some properties offer this when they owned the lot, as this property does, so I was hoping.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by DaveH
Thanks for the trip report, slippahs. Glad the club offerings were good. Did you get a sense of how far along the construction was? And I gather you did do self-park, so should have been charged for that?

PortlySpartacus, I understand that free parking isn't a guaranteed globalist benefit. I've had some properties offer this when they owned the lot, as this property does, so I was hoping.
Seemed like construction was very much in progress. The foundation is in, and there's probably quite a bit more work to go. Did self park. I was charged for self park and valet park, got the valet park removed, and then a few days later charged for an even more expensive valet park (noticed as a pending charge on statement). Yet another call to get that removed... The trigger-happy-parking charges aside, it is a nice property with a very nice club providing substantial offerings in the evenings, which gets my vote the next time I'm in the Seattle area and do not need to be Downtown after the adjacent construction is completed (or perhaps if I am not facing the construction as the Exec Suites do). Just wish it was connected to SEATAC by the light rail.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA
I've stayed here a few times. As noted above, there is now self park, which seems far away, but "connects" underground, so you can enter the property on the ground level from the parking lot.

I'll be there a night in a couple weeks time, will use a lounge ticket to check it out.

I actually like the location. Out of the way and a nice getaway spot next to the waterfront and park. It has maybe the best gym of any hotel I've ever been too.

There is a little French cafe just a 2 min walk out the front door, that should not be missed. We decided to go there the first time when we were walking back to the hotel and got hit with the smells from the kitchen. Dinner | Peyrassol Cafe.

We have dined at the hotel restaurant but probably won't be going back except maybe for a drink as it has amazing views over the water.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:39 am

Called to ask lounge hours: 630-930 breakfast, 5pm starts hor d'voeures, 8-9 dessert, daily except weekends breakfast hours pushed back (7-10 I think)

She did make sure I knew these are not "dinner" but just snacks, to temper expectations. Don't know if anybody who has stayed recently can comment on whether snacks in the evening are as good as prior
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Called to ask lounge hours: 630-930 breakfast, 5pm starts hor d'voeures, 8-9 dessert, daily except weekends breakfast hours pushed back (7-10 I think)

She did make sure I knew these are not "dinner" but just snacks, to temper expectations. Don't know if anybody who has stayed recently can comment on whether snacks in the evening are as good as prior
My family of 5 easily made dinner out of it for the one night we were there last month. We were crashing one night before a flight and didn't feel like going out. The desserts were a tad lame by normal standards but there was a hearty soup, a couple hot appetizers, salad bar, and the regular antipasto offerings along with decent honor bar offerings. I'd be tired of it for for multiple days, but it can definitely make a dinner.

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; Aug 12, 2019 at 12:01 pm
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:11 am

Also a recent visitor - can add that the lounge offerings here (which were previously quite anemic) are better now. There's been a GM change and improvements have been made. It's still NOT the best I've ever seen (the hotel clearly has revenue issues as evidenced by occupancy and rates) but it's much better than it was the first time I visited.

Still a gorgeous facility!!! I just think it was built 3-5 years ahead of its time....
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Also a recent visitor - can add that the lounge offerings here (which were previously quite anemic) are better now. There's been a GM change and improvements have been made. It's still NOT the best I've ever seen (the hotel clearly has revenue issues as evidenced by occupancy and rates) but it's much better than it was the first time I visited.

Still a gorgeous facility!!! I just think it was built 3-5 years ahead of its time....
Didn't know GM was new, but she's definitely trying hard. Responded to emails from me in record time and got us squared away with ample food to go for an early checkout (5:00am, yuck).
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Didn't know GM was new, but she's definitely trying hard. Responded to emails from me in record time and got us squared away with ample food to go for an early checkout (5:00am, yuck).
Yes, she's new and she is making an effort for sure. I wish she'd be a little more flexible on Globalist Suite Upgrades, however. She seems pretty adamant about NOT granting any water view suites as upgrades (and so they sit empty...)
smilee and ClarkGriswold like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:15 am

It is beautiful, with a beautiful pool area worthy of a higher-class hotel (also steam room in locker rooms)
Wasn't able to make it in the evening to the lounge but for breakfast it is decent, not spectacular or something you would wake up for if you were to sleep in otherwise (really liked the yogurt and granola).
Regular rooms are spacious and beds comfortable.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:00 pm

I was there 2 weeks ago. I could easily have made dinner out of the offerings. Nice selection of charcuterie and cheeses, fresh veggies and dips, veggie samosas, pot stickers, soup, and a selection of grilled veggies. I used a lounge voucher for the stay and it was well worth it. I later went to dinner at Peyrassol Cafe and came back for the sweets which were also very good and a nice selection. Breakfast was fine.

I continue to love visiting this property as a nice getaway. I do find them to be a bit stingy with room upgrades though.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:33 pm

Was here again for a night a couple of weeks ago. Again no upgrade, but I did manage to get a 4pm check out which was a saver as I needed to leave the Mrs and wouldn't be back till 3pm.

Upon arrival, I asked for a preferred room and didn't get one, and then asked about the 4pm check out which was granted.

Visited the lounge the afternoon of arrival and the place was a pig sty. Dishes all over from breakfast, food on the tables, no beans in the coffee maker, no snacks apart from the cereal from breakfast, water bottles/soda depleted. Just wanted to grab a water and coffee and take a seat, but opted to not stick around. This was about 1:30-2pm. Came back down for appies at 5-5:30 and the lady was cleaning up the remains from breakfast service and had put out most of the food offerings which again were great. Had dinner at Peyrassol and came back for dessert. Breakfast was fine again.

I think there was a family reunion going on and one member had lounge access and was just letting the whole crew in and they were in there each time I went in being loud and consuming as much as possible.

Apart from the state of the lounge on arrival, it was another great stay. I later responded to the thank you email from the service manager or whoever sends those regarding the lounge. Got a response that it was a one off. I'm guessing there was a shift change and someone didn't show or called in sick and they didn't handle it well.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've had a couple of stays here recently. I love the lakeside, park adjacent, location. Lake views are spectacular. Rooms are comfortable and well outfitted. Really an excellent hard product. They're staying pretty busy, with a mix of visitors, staycations, and Seattle Seahawks (training camp is just up the lake at VMAC). Service is well-meaning but inexperienced and unpolished, with mostly new hires. The exception is valet parking - the valets are awesome and I don't mind the $28 charge in light of the quality service.

I've been in three types of rooms, the Lakeview Deluxe (a corner room), the Lakeview Corner Suite (top floor corner suite), and the Lakeview Terrace Suite (there are four of these, on the eighth floor, which they sell as the "Presidential Suite"). They're all nice rooms, especially the Lakeview Corner Suite. The Terrace Suite has an odd layout, but the outdoor space is spectacular. Note that these tend to get booked for parties on weekends, which can be a problem if your room is nearby (long story here, which I won't get into).

The Regency Club is open for breakfast. It's a small space and mask compliance was poor on my only visit. It actually felt unsafe and I felt bad for the staff.

I can't say enough about the location. It's great for walks, runs (connecting to the Eastside Rail Corridor trail), and just enjoying the views and fresh air. There's an Ivar's in the park, a 10 minute walk away. Peyrassol next door serves excellent European food. Ocha Thai in Renton is also really good. The caveat of course is that you need a car and the location kind of sucks if you need to be in Seattle or Bellevue/Redmond.
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I once considered staying here on an overnight SEA connection because it looked so lovely and new, but when I checked location and transportation details, fortunately I decided on Olive 8 instead (and had a wonderful stay in their Presidential Suite and a nice breakfast in their restaurant, preCOVID-19).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.