Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt Globalist late checkout - bogus and inconsistent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt Globalist late checkout - bogus and inconsistent

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Hyatt Place properties have been the only problem ones for my late check-out requests, including Panama City, San Jose CR as well as Cd del Carmen and Celaya, Mexico.

I had to show them the rules before they relented.

The opposite happened at the rebranded Hyatt Centric Istanbul where the front desk advised that my key was preset for a late checkout. ^
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I try to ensure a mention that I will use the 4pm check is in the reservation comments before I even arrive but only when the intention is to use it.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 4aks
HH and HP usually have cleaning crews work early and leave early ... might not have anyone available after 2pm, so then they are giving up possible revenue room for the night

They aren't going to change the staffing policies - would likely push FT staff hours into OT or PT staff into FT benefits
It's a published elite benefit. Their staff scheduling issues are not my concern. Some hotels seem to manage housekeeping schedules so that they do permit late checkouts consistently. The guest shouldn't suffer if management is incompetent.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Although I don't use it often, I have never had an issue with Hyatt late checkout either and I'm almost always asked at checkin if I would like it. This is one benefit that is very consistent based on my experience.

Since the spring when I paused Hyatt at 55 nights, I have moved all of my stays to Hilton. Hilton's Diamond late checkout is up to the property. And it happened that twice during tournament trips with my kids I did really need a late checkout and it didn't go well. One time they grudgingly agreed to change from noon to 12:30, the other time they reluctantly gave me until 1:00.

So I definitely appreciate the benefit at Hyatt. (But not much else anymore...)
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Aventine
Yeah, Hyatt seems to be going for the jugular on everyone. Courtesy card holders have you been denied a late checkout under the WOH regime?
No, but I rarely used it before or after the WOH changes. The times I have though, it's been honored. I have, however, on one occasion in Tokyo, been asked to vacate the suite at 1 or 2pm (can't recall). On that, and other occasions where I had a late night flight out, I was offered a standard room to use in lieu of the suite and was offered to utilize it until I left the property at 9pm. I think they even did this as a Diamond once or twice before I attained CC, but I was a frequent guest paying a non discounted rate, so that could be why.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

So time to put this to bed... nothing has changed and it's very rare to encounter a problem with getting a late checkout.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Gold, Hertz President's Circle. Crappy Status on AA & Delta.
Yes, indeed, time to put this to bed. Because if written TOS don't matter, why participate in any loyalty program? After all, anecdotal experiences are what matter.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Gold, Hertz President's Circle. Crappy Status on AA & Delta.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO, it's supposed to be a guaranteed 4 pm late checkout. It's a published elite benefit and not a favor that a hotel can choose to grant or not.
Yep.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1
Read the posts... hardly anybody has a problem getting this benefit....In my view this is a perfect example of another thread making WOH noise based on a few experiences at an HH/HP.
I surely will remember your rules when I post on Flyertalk again. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by RTW1
Nothing has changed... it's always been up to the property to grant you a late checkout, and most have no problem offering it. They normally like to know what your plans are as soon as possible but asking fot it on the last day normally works as well...

And it's not really that hard to understand that they are walking a fine line between offering this and a new guest who wants to check in early (or at checkin time). Most properties are pretty good about this and will try to find a solution if they really need the room.

So I fail to see how WOH has any influence over this, it's all about how an individual property handles this. And it's very rare that a solution that works for all is not found....
Exactly, all hotel programs have this quirk. SPG is excellent when you need it. In fact, I just had an early checkin (7:30am) given at the Bristol in Vienna (Lux Coll as PLT50) this weekend. Of course it wasn't to the Opera Suite (used SNA's) but still they moved us just after noon to a better suite. And there would have been no problem with 4pm checkout except I had a 9am flight to MXP. Which was cancelled.

IHG has been good but only to 2pm. Again, up to the property to honor it.

So, Hyatt is probably no better or worse than the other chains. Of course, I'm writing this from the Villa Carlotta near Stresa, Italy, and they are firm on their policy-no late checkout without paying extra.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I was in 4 Hyatts this past week (3 HR and 1 GH) and had no problem with 4 pm checkouts.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JackE
I was in 4 Hyatts this past week (3 HR and 1 GH) and had no problem with 4 pm checkouts.
I've never had a problem with 4 pm checkout either, except exactly _one_ occasion (_one_ stay at HP downtown Minneapolis, where I have stayed many times). Front desk said the latest they can offer is 2 pm. I politely reminded them that the benefit is in writing and must continue to be offered, as long as they have the Hyatt logo on the building. But if they want me to help them remove the Hyatt sign and replace it with the old (Embassy Suites) sign, then I will happily lend a hand: after I check out at 4 pm.

I think this was a matter of an inexperienced FD agent rather than anyone trying to reduce benefits.
antonius66 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My last 2 or 3 stays, I've been TOLD I had a 4pm check-out and had to tell them I didn't need it because I was leaving early.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I can only recall ever being hassled about the 4 pm checkout once (at Manchester GH) and it is typically cheerfully offered. This is one benefit where Hyatt does a great job with brand consistency.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Front desk said the latest they can offer is 2 pm. I politely reminded them that the benefit is in writing and must continue to be offered, as long as they have the Hyatt logo on the building. But if they want me to help them remove the Hyatt sign and replace it with the old (Embassy Suites) sign, then I will happily lend a hand: after I check out at 4 pm.
Classic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.