Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Event Planner bonus points – anyone taking advantage of this?

Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond

Is it me or the World of Hyatt is weak on earning Event planner’s business?

Spent around US$3,500 in China for a facility rental and I only received 1 Gold Passport point per USD. Points are bonus so do not count toward my life time Diamond status. Looking over to Marriott’s program, they get 3 points per USD or 1 mile per USD for the event spending.

In terms of redemption for similar location/quality hotels, I would earn a free night (10,500 points) with Marriott for each $3,500 spent while it will take me 3.42 events to get to a free night with Hyatt.

JW Marriott Shenzhen Bao’an = 808+ CNY or 10,000 points per night
Hyatt Regency Dongguan = 820+ CNY or 12,000 points per night

Hyatt is giving me 5 points + 30% bonus per dollar for room as a Diamond and as a Marriott Gold I would get 10 points + 25% bonus. Am I chasing for the wrong program?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I generally figure Hyatt points are worth from 3x to 4x what Marriott points are worth. For my destinations, I personally have never seen a Marriott family property for under 25,000 points, and very little under 35,000. If you've managed to find something for less, more power to you.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: FB Silver, Accor Silver
Last year I was offered double points for organizing an event, but that was a limited offer.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I generally figure Hyatt points are worth from 3x to 4x what Marriott points are worth. For my destinations, I personally have never seen a Marriott family property for under 25,000 points, and very little under 35,000. If you've managed to find something for less, more power to you.
I wouldn't go thatfar, but yes, Hyatt are worth more than Marriott.

Generally Marriott valuations are around 0.7-0.9 cents per point.
Hyatt is generally around 1.8-2 cents per point.

So more like 2x-3x... but yes it's very reasonable that Marriott gives 3x points that Hyatt does.

Marriott awards go from 7500 to 45K (but up to 70K for Edition & Ritz)
Hyatt awards go from 5K to 30K (But @ 30K, Park Hyatts are equivalent to Ritz).

Also, Marriott has comparatively few properties at 7500-10K, whereas Hyatt does have a decent selection at the 5K and 8K level.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.