FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt New York Promotional Rate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1852351-park-hyatt-new-york-promotional-rate.html)

theanswriz42 Jul 8, 2017 10:17 am

Park Hyatt New York Promotional Rate?

When I log on to book at the Park Hyatt NYC for tonight (searching by rewards points), I see a promotional rate that the hotel is free. Does anyone have any background about this promotion? I went ahead and booked and it didn't charge me any awards points which I thought was kind of cool.

http://i.imgur.com/Kd6Wu0r.png

sensei Jul 8, 2017 10:49 am

It looks like you had a cat 1-7 free night certificate and used that to book a night. This is not a hotel specific promotion.

gspurr Jul 8, 2017 10:51 am

I believe that you are using a category 1-7 award night for this booking. If you have one of these it will show up if you are looking at a one night booking but won't appear as an option of you are looking at booking more than one night.

theanswriz42 Jul 8, 2017 10:51 am

Originally Posted by sensei (Post 28535178)
It looks like you had a cat 1-7 free night certificate and used that to book a night. This is not a hotel specific promotion.

That's bizarre because my friend who doesn't have the credit card, and different status than me has the same promotional award.

gspurr Jul 8, 2017 10:52 am

Is your friend a globalist?

hotelfanatic Jul 8, 2017 11:31 am

there was a free night awarded to Globs when the switch happened back in March. That is probably what it is given ur friend does not have a Hyatt CC.

theanswriz42 Jul 8, 2017 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic (Post 28535326)
there was a free night awarded to Globs when the switch happened back in March. That is probably what it is given ur friend does not have a Hyatt CC.

Awesome, thanks! She's a globalist, so that makes a lot more sense.

Kacee Jul 8, 2017 2:49 pm

And a Cat 7 is of course the best possible use of one of these awards.

Burning mine in Zurich next month.

youvesaiditall Jul 11, 2017 6:49 am

I just burned mine at the PH NY this past weekend--got a nice upgrade to a twin studio suite as well. Enjoy your stay!

maewest Jul 11, 2017 7:10 am

Are we absolutely certain this is not a random property-specific free night? I have a colleague who has mentioned randomly getting these free nights popping up when making reservations (anywhere from properties in Seoul to domestic) over the last 2 years and I have to admit, I'm incredibly jealous. I kept telling myself he must be mistaking the Cat 1-4 (or 1-4) nights banked in his account for random luck but it has happened so frequently (and now with this post) I'm starting to wonder if he was right after all?

Kacee Jul 11, 2017 9:22 am

Originally Posted by maewest (Post 28546300)
Are we absolutely certain this is not a random property-specific free night?

It's pretty obviously the Promotional Award that all Globalists received on March 1.

Aventine Jul 11, 2017 10:11 am

Originally Posted by maewest (Post 28546300)
Are we absolutely certain this is not a random property-specific free night? I have a colleague who has mentioned randomly getting these free nights popping up when making reservations (anywhere from properties in Seoul to domestic) over the last 2 years and I have to admit, I'm incredibly jealous. I kept telling myself he must be mistaking the Cat 1-4 (or 1-4) nights banked in his account for random luck but it has happened so frequently (and now with this post) I'm starting to wonder if he was right after all?

I wish properties were randomly giving free nights away! ^

maewest Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28546836)
It's pretty obviously the Promotional Award that all Globalists received on March 1.

How is it pretty obviously that? As noted, my friend continues to see (and use) these random free nights. He says he asked Hyatt and was told that they 'sometimes do this'...?

The only way I could see it being 'pretty obviously' a CAT award is if the person checked their Awards page before and after booking and was the CAT award disappear.

Kacee Jul 11, 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by maewest (Post 28547115)
How is it pretty obviously that?

You're right. I forgot this is FT, where common sense, logic, and actual experience are often irrelevant in the face of unverified third party hearsay speculation.

maewest Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm

the same could apply to your statement... it clearly is not obvious from the listing, and is also unconfirmed by the OP. OP, if you do book, please let us know if your cat free night listing is depleted accordingly.