Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York Promotional Rate?

Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

When I log on to book at the Park Hyatt NYC for tonight (searching by rewards points), I see a promotional rate that the hotel is free. Does anyone have any background about this promotion? I went ahead and booked and it didn't charge me any awards points which I thought was kind of cool.

Last edited by theanswriz42; Jul 8, 2017 at 10:32 am
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
It looks like you had a cat 1-7 free night certificate and used that to book a night. This is not a hotel specific promotion.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I believe that you are using a category 1-7 award night for this booking. If you have one of these it will show up if you are looking at a one night booking but won't appear as an option of you are looking at booking more than one night.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sensei
It looks like you had a cat 1-7 free night certificate and used that to book a night. This is not a hotel specific promotion.
That's bizarre because my friend who doesn't have the credit card, and different status than me has the same promotional award.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Is your friend a globalist?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
there was a free night awarded to Globs when the switch happened back in March. That is probably what it is given ur friend does not have a Hyatt CC.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
there was a free night awarded to Globs when the switch happened back in March. That is probably what it is given ur friend does not have a Hyatt CC.
Awesome, thanks! She's a globalist, so that makes a lot more sense.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And a Cat 7 is of course the best possible use of one of these awards.

Burning mine in Zurich next month.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
I just burned mine at the PH NY this past weekend--got a nice upgrade to a twin studio suite as well. Enjoy your stay!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Are we absolutely certain this is not a random property-specific free night? I have a colleague who has mentioned randomly getting these free nights popping up when making reservations (anywhere from properties in Seoul to domestic) over the last 2 years and I have to admit, I'm incredibly jealous. I kept telling myself he must be mistaking the Cat 1-4 (or 1-4) nights banked in his account for random luck but it has happened so frequently (and now with this post) I'm starting to wonder if he was right after all?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by maewest
Are we absolutely certain this is not a random property-specific free night?
It's pretty obviously the Promotional Award that all Globalists received on March 1.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Are we absolutely certain this is not a random property-specific free night? I have a colleague who has mentioned randomly getting these free nights popping up when making reservations (anywhere from properties in Seoul to domestic) over the last 2 years and I have to admit, I'm incredibly jealous. I kept telling myself he must be mistaking the Cat 1-4 (or 1-4) nights banked in his account for random luck but it has happened so frequently (and now with this post) I'm starting to wonder if he was right after all?
I wish properties were randomly giving free nights away! ^
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's pretty obviously the Promotional Award that all Globalists received on March 1.
How is it pretty obviously that? As noted, my friend continues to see (and use) these random free nights. He says he asked Hyatt and was told that they 'sometimes do this'...?

The only way I could see it being 'pretty obviously' a CAT award is if the person checked their Awards page before and after booking and was the CAT award disappear.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:24 am

How is it pretty obviously that?
You're right. I forgot this is FT, where common sense, logic, and actual experience are often irrelevant in the face of unverified third party hearsay speculation.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:02 pm

the same could apply to your statement... it clearly is not obvious from the listing, and is also unconfirmed by the OP. OP, if you do book, please let us know if your cat free night listing is depleted accordingly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.