Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any experience with new combining points form?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with new combining points form?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Try emailing the form again Monday morning as a new email. You can also fax it for good measure.
Oh, it's so much better than that. I resubmitted yesterday—and promptly received an email email rejecting the request because my contact number is "incorrect."

It turns out that Hyatt doesn't want your contact number in the field labeled "contact number." (What I provided was my number at work, the only phone number anyone can reach me at during the day.) Instead, they want whatever number is in your profile. Yeah, that's definitely never going to trip up anybody else or waste time.

The rep insisted that I have to submit a new form with the "correct" number. I've changed my profile info & requested that they process the form I've now sent twice. I look forward to seeing whether they do it or insist on one-upping the DMV again.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:46 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
From my experience :
Back over Christmas I sent in the request. Took 2+ weeks. Neither the twitter team nor the glob line could do anything.
I did another transfer a few weeks ago. Took about 1 day.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
From my experience :
Back over Christmas I sent in the request. Took 2+ weeks. Neither the twitter team nor the glob line could do anything.
I did another transfer a few weeks ago. Took about 1 day.
It is my opinion that some emails get 'lost' as they swift through them to fulfill transfer requests. Therefore, if someone doesn't hear back within 3 business days --- send in a brand new email (not a follow-up reply to the existing email.)
Old May 7, 2018, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
It is my opinion that some emails get 'lost' as they swift through them to fulfill transfer requests. Therefore, if someone doesn't hear back within 3 business days --- send in a brand new email (not a follow-up reply to the existing email.)
This is excellent advice. I'm convinced that the first form I submitted 4 weeks ago disappeared into the bit bucket.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:53 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:41 am

I sent a request to transfer points on 10/30 8:30am and I got an email response saying it was completed 10/31 1:52am.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:53 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:27 pm

Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:59 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My recent request took 4 days, but it was over a weekend. (I'm assuming the team that handles these is a M-F team).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I submitted a request on January 15th, the transfer was completed today. Took 6 days/4 business days.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I submitted a request on January 15th, the transfer was completed today. Took 6 days/4 business days.
I submitted mine on January 14 and I'm still awaiting email saying it's complete. But didn't send to the Europe address...is that what you did?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I submitted it to the standard [email protected] alias. I did follow up to their initial generic confirmation e-mail asking for an update.

Has anyone been able to submit multiple combining points form within a 30 day period? Just curious if I should wait a full 30 days or not. I just realized I need to move over more points for an upcoming trip.

Last edited by faboi0us; Jan 23, 2019 at 1:02 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I submitted it to the standard [email protected] alias. I did follow up to their initial generic confirmation e-mail asking for an update.

Has anyone been able to submit multiple combining points form within a 30 day period? Just curious if I should wait a full 30 days or not. I just realized I need to move over more points for an upcoming trip.
I tried doing that last year (accidentally not properly calculating the 30 days). I received a rejection email stating I needed to wait the required time prior to my next submission.
faboi0us likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.