Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Should we fear World Of Hyatt Redemption Devaluation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Could this be the end for Hyatt trust and fairness?
Say it aint so
Or is it just the new Mirival exception

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....er-hyatt-says/
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Could this be the end for Hyatt trust and fairness?
The WoH T&C have pretty much already put an end to any semblance of trust and fairness. Seems the favorite catchphase is "sole discretion".

I wonder how far away dynamic award pricing is?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Better to use all the points before they become ridiculous like Miraval.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
The new spas don't really fit into the 1-7 system given the costs of spa services. So it appears more that.

Im sure slow devaluations will continue to happen, but I don't think wholesale is coming. This is true with all travel points programs.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Devaluations are always around the corner...but Miraval, just like the all-inns in Mexico, doesn't really fit the point pricing for the regular properties.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:04 am

As has been pointed out, the all inclusive resorts are not really easy to fit into the existing categories. Not saying the miraval isn't over priced, but considering they include stuff like $175 resort credit on point booking along with the AI benefits, it makes sense to price it uniquely. The article is just more click bait crap from one of the biggest trash blogs out there.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Gary's post seems highly speculative. There are many provisions in the new WoH T&C that are extremely customer unfriendly.

But I suspect an overall devaluation is coming just b/c Hyatt's chart is pretty generous compared to the other chains.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
If I've learned anything since joining FT it is that periodic evaluation is inevitable for all programs. The only questions are how bad it will be and when will it happen.

Personally I am not concerned about an exception for one new resort property in locations where I have many choices. I suspect most of us do not have time and inclination to visit the Maldives so I can't get excited about Gleff's speculation either.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee

But I suspect an overall devaluation is coming just b/c Hyatt's chart is pretty generous compared to the other chains.
I kinda thought they were hitting it on the earnings side. Chopping at the front end means they probably don't need to devalue at the backend.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:54 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Like with any loyalty program, be it airline or hotel, there will always be a devaluation of some sort. Hence i always try to use my points or miles quickly...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Like with any loyalty program, be it airline or hotel, there will always be a devaluation of some sort. Hence i always try to use my points or miles quickly...
Earn 'em and burn 'em.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I kinda thought they were hitting it on the earnings side. Chopping at the front end means they probably don't need to devalue at the backend.
That would be one theory. I'm more pessimistic. Chase UR still transfer at 1:1.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It's Hyatt who should fear nobody paying any attention to their program anymore. Spoke to a senior loyalty exec in the hospitality industry this week who said it's common knowledge among insiders that Hyatt is seeing people flee in droves since WoH.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:40 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Never treat loyalty points as a "savings account". The risk of devaluation is far too high (not just Hyatt, but all programs).
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by austin_modern
The new spas don't really fit into the 1-7 system given the costs of spa services. So it appears more that.
What does the cost of a spa service at Miraval have to do with an award redemption rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.