Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Miraval Integration with World of Hyatt

Miraval Integration with World of Hyatt

Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
I posted that a few posts up. 30 day cancellation policy.
Yes I saw it but you didn't mention you were told "losing all your points".

They took 195,000 of my points for 3 nights for which I am supposed to eventually get 50% back. I cancel within 30 days and I lose what? 195,000 points? Something is wrong here!...
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There have been properties that when you don't comply with the cancellation policy for an award booking will not charge you the points but will charge your card instead for the rack rate. So beware when cancelling too late.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:44 am

I will say I don't think they would have mentioned the 30 day policy had I not asked, which I find ludicrous, given the incredibly punitive nature of the policy. Definitely something you should warn people about during booking.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:38 pm

I emailed and they sent the confirmation. The Hyatt site says for now they are not showing or displaying Miraval stays although they are being tracked.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It took me six calls to finally reach someone. Once I did, the agent booked nights from the Hyatt Chase free nights (the ones iwth a new application). Chase then needed to confirm that we had the nights. She said it could take up to a day but the confirmation arrived within 3 hours. She also kindly sent me her name and email so that I have a way to reach the property more easily in the future.

It's not a good system.
can you use free night award for two people or is it for single occupancy and then +20k pts for another pax as per their chart?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:07 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ga8riel
can you use free night award for two peoplet?
I booked for two people without issue.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Thanks SanDiego1K!

Also, I know the $175 resort fee is per person but is it per DAY or PER NIGHT? Asking because I'd like to spend one night, arrive early on first day and leave in the afternoon on second day.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ga8riel
Also, I know the $175 resort fee is per person but is it per DAY or PER NIGHT? Asking because I'd like to spend one night, arrive early on first day and leave in the afternoon on second day.
I'm confident it is per night. Otherwise, everyone would be gaming it.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:21 am

We are at the place right now. Some quick impressions.

room upgrade for globalist: none. I asked about it at check in. The agent said they have already put us in a room and everything is blocked on the previous night. I took it to indicate we have received some kind of upgrade. So I didn't follow up. Well, it turned out to be a basic room. Not sure if she didn't understand, didn't bother to look or nothing was available.

Service: other than the front desk and the spa check in staff which is neither good nor bad, the actual service at both the restaurant and the spa are very good. My wife was chatting with the stylist during her appointment and was told the staff were very happy about the hyatt purchase. Hyatt brought back the previous manager and communicated that they want the staff to be happy first in order to keep the customers happy. Considering that this is a no tip place, it proves good service is possible without tips.

food: dinner is excellent. Lunch average.

activity: so far so good. Haven't done a lot but I trust they will be good. The one meditation class we have done and the spa have been excellent

relaxation level: because of the all inclusive nature it's very relaxing . At the airport they tag your bag and send to your room after check in. They give you an itinerary for everything you have booked. With many things included and the $175 credit it's easy to fill the day without carrying your wallet around. The credit cannot be shared between you and your partner though

attention to details: Its no park hyatt. After check in, we were left alone to walk around in the compound to find our room. No problem, but would not have happened at some other places. The turn down service didn't replenish any towels we have used. Small details. By the way the room showed some age. I need to kick the door to get in. It's more about expectation I guess. If you think you will get park hyatt level service and quality, you may be disappointed. If you are here to relax and 'get well', it's a really good place.

we paid points with half off. I wouldn't pay full freight to come here, cash or points. But if they offer another promotion in the future, I'll happily return.

Last edited by lancexfang; Aug 5, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by lancexfang
The credit cannot be shared between you and your partner though
My ears perked up as I hadn't read this before. So each of you get $175 per day to spend but it can't be commingled? Good to know for planning. What about if you stay for 2 nights? Do you have to be careful to use the $175 per day or can you use $150 one day and $200 another?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:18 am

Interesting regarding upgrades. I inquired via email about Diamond upgrades and was told "At Miraval all of our upgrades are done at check in. As a globalist, if there is a Miraval Suite available at check in , they will upgrade you!"

The email I received after booking also said that for a 2 night stay, "You and your wife each have $350 in resort credit to use towards spa services and paid for activities."
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:02 pm

It is per person per night. You just cannot share as we were told. In reality, in practice, do they track? I have no idea. they can if they want to, with two separate accounts.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:22 pm

You cannot share the credit between people. Each person gets 175 per day and they cannot share it, but I see no reason that you cannot use the entire credit for each person over the course of the stay as you see fit. So, person 1 cannot spend 100 per day and have person 2 spend 250 per day, but I see no reason that person 1 cannot spend 350 on day 1 and 0 on day 2 and person 2 can spend 0 on day 1 and 350 on day 2. In fact the email I quoted seems to indicate this is the case. It says 350 each in resort credit...not 175 per day.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:33 pm

Just a quick follow up. All in all an excellent stay. With $350 credit per night for 2, everything included, it's a great value for 32500 points. 65k though will be high on my mind.

Globalist recognition is low. No upgrade. No late checkout. By 11 you have to vacate. But spa is available for locker and shower.

Just as a reminder, they have strict cancellation policy including spa services. We cancelled and they tried to charge us the full amount of $120. I pointed out that they never communicated the time window for free cancellation. The FDA tried to say it's on the itineraries. Well, we only got the printout at check in and we arrived late due to the flight delay, so it didn't seem reasonable to pin it on us. It's not like we could call to cancel in flight. And honestly we had no idea about the policy until check out. In the end they did credit it.

In their defense, their labor structure or at least the spa part of it has a lot of 3rd party contractors. So it may result in some cost on the properties part if they allow last minute free cancellations. So I'm fine with the policy, I just wish they would have communicated better. Had we known, we wouldn't have scheduled something first thing after our immediate arrival.

Staff we talked to were all happy with the hyatt acquisition. It's a strong unique offering. I hope hyatt doesn't screw it up. The place can use renovation and better marketing and communication, what hyatt can help bring. But it's a wonderful concept, great culture and perfect for someone looking for a little on site r and r.

Now I just need another promotion. Can't see this place filled in the summer time.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Is the $175 resort credit per person per night only for globalist? Would we get the $175 credit when we use the Chase free night (globalist or not)? Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.