Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Miraval Integration with World of Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miraval Integration with World of Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I've stayed at Miraval too and really enjoyed my stay. I think the following points are important for those that are considering staying here:

- as mentioned, the food is very good but you must keep in mind that you have to book a certain seating time in advance to eat. You cannot just show up for dinner whenever you please! Times do book up so you are not always guaranteed your first choice.
- the resort offers alcohol but it is very expensive.
- the resort is a cell free property and cell phone use is not allowed other than in your room or on your patio. (I personally liked this.)
- activities are usually posted the day before but some limit the number of participants so they also book up in advance...thus you are not guaranteed to take part in an activity if it limits the number of people and you miss the sign up or show up too late and the list is full.
- I agree with previous comments about the instructors being top notch.
- Spa services are also very nice and they offer a large diverse choice of services.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by christianj
I've stayed at Miraval too and really enjoyed my stay. I think the following points are important for those that are considering staying here:

- as mentioned, the food is very good but you must keep in mind that you have to book a certain seating time in advance to eat. You cannot just show up for dinner whenever you please! Times do book up so you are not always guaranteed your first choice.
- activities are usually posted the day before but some limit the number of participants so they also book up in advance...thus you are not guaranteed to take part in an activity if it limits the number of people and you miss the sign up or show up too late and the list is full.
I have found that even at 100% capacity it's possible to always get your dinner reservation time as long as you get to the sign up sheets early in the morning.

I think there were a lot of complaints about the ability to participate in group activities. At least in the past year they have enabled the ability to sign up for activities in advance of arrival. That may not solve the capacity issue but it does mean people who plan have an advantage.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:43 pm

Has anyone been able to confirm the 2 free nights from the credit card offer (no longer available) are able to be used here for double occupancy?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone have a time of day or an alternate phone number to use to actually reach someone at Miraval? I want to book an award stay. I've called several times. The phone rings for awhile and then goes to a recording. I'm told either everyone is busy or it is outside normal business hours. Then I'm going the choice of various numbers to input. When I do, all that happens is that I go back into that phone tree. There is no way to leave a call back number. It's frustrating and an odd way for the hotel to do business. i've been calling 866-792-3395. Is there an alternate number?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does anyone have a time of day or an alternate phone number to use to actually reach someone at Miraval? I want to book an award stay. I've called several times. The phone rings for awhile and then goes to a recording. I'm told either everyone is busy or it is outside normal business hours. Then I'm going the choice of various numbers to input. When I do, all that happens is that I go back into that phone tree. There is no way to leave a call back number. It's frustrating and an odd way for the hotel to do business. i've been calling 866-792-3395. Is there an alternate number?
I just dialed this # and chose option 5 for new reservations, got right to a human being: Tel: +1 800 232 3969
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I just dialed this # and chose option 5 for new reservations, got right to a human being: Tel: +1 800 232 3969
Great tip. Thank you. I called, got a human being, and was transferred on to the department responsible for award booking. This office was closed for the evening but I was able to leave a message to be called back. Progress.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Never got any of my calls returned even the one to Miraval's Reservations Mgr.
Finally after calling a fourth time I booked three nights and after taking my points immediately I am still waiting for a confirmation. That was over a week ago!
Definitely Not impressed.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:54 pm

Called the number above and made a reservation with points. 30 day cancellation policy though on awards... ouch.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Called the number above and made a reservation with points. 30 day cancellation policy though on awards... ouch.
Have you been told you'd be receiving a confirmation by email?
If you did I'd be interested to know when you receive it. I'm still waiting for mine.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Have you been told you'd be receiving a confirmation by email?
If you did I'd be interested to know when you receive it. I'm still waiting for mine.
It took me six calls to finally reach someone. Once I did, the agent booked nights from the Hyatt Chase free nights (the ones iwth a new application). Chase then needed to confirm that we had the nights. She said it could take up to a day but the confirmation arrived within 3 hours. She also kindly sent me her name and email so that I have a way to reach the property more easily in the future.

It's not a good system.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:37 am

Yes I was told I'd get a confirmation email. So far, I just got an email with the spa and activity list. No confirmation yet. She said 24 hrs. We'll see. Also was pleased to learn resort credit is 175 per person per day.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
I just got an email with the spa and activity list.
I have not received either but my stay is in late October. When is yours?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:04 am

end August. Haven't gotten the confirmation yet either.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:35 pm

[QUOTE=SanDiego1K;28591807]I have not received either but my stay is in late October. When is yours?[/QUOTE

What could be taking them so long to send a Confirmation? I was told there are ten people working in that office.

By the way has anyone been told " If you cancel within thirty days, We'll keep all your points"
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:51 pm

I posted that a few posts up. 30 day cancellation policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.