FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place Round Rock, (NW of Austin) Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1847782-hyatt-place-round-rock-nw-austin-texas.html)

jayer Jun 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Hyatt Place Round Rock, (NW of Austin) Texas

Introduction New build Hyatt Place in the La Fronterra mixed-use development. A couple of miles and a couple of turns off I-35. (Too far to see from the road but no road noise). Northeast of AUstin proper and not too far into the sprawl.Opened 6-7-2017. Nice, more expansive lobby and dining area. Pleasant staff. Predictable standard new HP, but predictablility is part of the point.For those more inclined than me the workout room looked at least OK with four machines and free weights. I might be disappointed in how small the pool was compared to hotel size, uncovered, and just out in a parking lot.Breakfast alternatives during the week seem to be a bit different but I was there on a weekend.

JJ804 Apr 3, 2022 3:48 pm

I really enjoyed my recent stay at this property. It is one of the better Hyatt Places I've encountered. It had a pretty nice breakfast variety the day I was there, including french toast, sausage, potatoes, and muffins that appeared to be possibly locally made, as well as decent orange juice. The room was extremely quiet and everything was in great condition. It was a standard new HP bathroom with the far away mirror, but shower pressure was great, and it had Pharmacopia toiletries, which are better than the Kenet MD sometimes offered at HP. The check-in agent pro-actively offered the 4 pm Globalist checkout, although I didn't need it this time.

It is next door to the full-service Austin Marriott North, which was only a few dollars more expensive for my stay.

Charlie9 Feb 14, 2024 7:58 am

Had an interesting thing happen to me after I filled out a review.
Stayed this last weekend for a soccer tournament. I have stayed at every Hyatt Place in Austin multiple times due to work and soccer, so I generally know what to expect.
Room was nice and clean, front desk was nice and helpful.
Had some tough hiccups in the dining department: Breakfast morning one had the sausage links (you know them) that were burnt to a charcoal crisp. Not seared, not burned, but burned up. Crazy to think it could be served like that.
Second morning, breakfast was delayed at least 10-15 minutes past 7am, making it tough on those with an 8am soccer game.
But the toughest part was Saturday night dinner at the Placery. Again, eaten at these before, I know not to expect even Chili's level food, but I had an alcoholic drink (no driving) and it was convenient. Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 items ordered were essentially inedible (and they forgot utensils in the bag so I had to go back down). We didn't say anything (confrontation is not my strong suit). But I did fill out the "2 minute" survey that came in my email. I was nice but honest, and constructive; didn't need any further contact it was just a little "Come on guys, do better" specific to the dining (10 stars for everything else). (I even stated in there I would be returning to the hotel, just not eating at the restaurant).

Woke up yesterday morning to find 8,000 "customer service adjustment" points credited to my account. This was a cash stay, BTW. Very nice gesture and I consider above and beyond. Thank you Hyatt Place Round Rock.