FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Are overlapping stays a problem for crediting? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1844038-overlapping-stays-problem-crediting.html)

sxc May 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Are overlapping stays a problem for crediting?

I have a three night stay upcoming followed immediately by a three night stay at another Hyatt.

As I have a Citi prestige card, I can book 4 nights, and get the 4th night free, so I'm tempted to book the 4 nights in my first stay so that I can credit 4 nights instead of 3.

However on that 4th night, I will also be staying in another Hyatt hotel which I hope to credit. I assume that this will raise a flag in their system and I probably won't get the credit for one of the nights or one of the stays?

RTW1 May 22, 2017 11:02 pm

The system should ignore the overlapping night (just for night credit), otherwise no problem.

sxc May 22, 2017 11:56 pm

So I won't achieve my aim of getting an extra nights credit?

RTW1 May 23, 2017 12:05 am

Probably not.... in the past people who had a valid reason to stay at 2 properties for an identical night have gotten a manual credit. But that was when WOH was actually a decent program.

Nothing stops you from trying though.

myko85 May 23, 2017 12:23 am

You may be able to get extra points for the stay. Worth a shot since it won't cost you anything

RTW1 May 23, 2017 12:26 am

Free night = no points.

sxc May 23, 2017 12:32 am

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 28347610)
Free night = no points.

For Citi prestige you pay for the 4th night first, and then the credit card credits you back the 4th night. So from Hyatt's perspective, it's a normal paid night.

RTW1 May 23, 2017 12:39 am

Aha.... then there seems to be no downside if the rates are the same.

itsallgood May 23, 2017 3:44 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 28347563)
So I won't achieve my aim of getting an extra nights credit?

Correct. I've read in the past of where someone initially gets the night credit and then loses it when a random audit is done.

The smallest state May 23, 2017 9:23 am

I don't think you will get credit. Mrs. Smallest State and I went to HR San Francisco on a Thursday to Monday run. I had a work commitment on the Friday, we stayed and looked around SF Saturday and most of Sunday. Well Sunday night I flew to DFW for a Monday meeting there. She stayed in the HR SF until her flight the next day and I checked into the DFW HR.

I didn't get overlapping points and it took two calls to Gold Passport to ensure I did.

jameswes May 23, 2017 3:42 pm

I've done this same scenario a few times.

* I've always gotten the points from the overlapping night.
* I've never gotten the night credit.

When booking my explanation has always been "I have a later flight and want access to the room after the checkout time, but still want to check into my hotel in the next city that night".