Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Realistic improvements you want from WoH

Realistic improvements you want from WoH

Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Well, I can cross 1 and a half off the list. Awards nights finally, and annual awards for 6 months (Not the 1 year I wanted but still...).
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt should remove the "standard suites" Globalist perk offering as part of the Best Room Available benefit. Even though i have personally benefited from this in 2017 by receiving more complimentary suite upgrades than in previous years, Hyatt should remove this because it creates too much negative sentiment. Even though the terms and conditions clearly state "will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay". This is probably a 'benefit' that Hyatt thought they were making very clear that its not a 100% guarantee but most Globalists interpret it as an entitlement. Hyatt should remove this benefit and read the outrage from the same people complaining that the hotels are gaming the system.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Something that a hotel can do when or if it pleases in any way it's solely defines when it wants to or not regardless of availability, is not a benefit. They could do that before any loyalty program. There is no reason to list an upgrade benefit that you cannot get definitively enforced if the room is available. I am also referring to gaming in the sense of hotels making BS room categories to avoid award availability and other shenanigans as well as the upgrades.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by antonius66
Something that a hotel can do when or if it pleases in any way it's solely defines when it wants to or not regardless of availability, is not a benefit. They could do that before any loyalty program. There is no reason to list an upgrade benefit that you cannot get definitively enforced if the room is available. I am also referring to gaming in the sense of hotels making BS room categories to avoid award availability and other shenanigans as well as the upgrades.
That's why this should be removed from the WoH Globalist terms. Hyatt corporate isn't going to require all the hotel owners to provide complimentary suite upgrades, if available, to Globalist members. Not going to happen. The hotel owners are Hyatt's customers, we are just guests.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:03 pm

I am Explorist, but regularly stay as Guest of Honor on my friend's account to get Globalist perks. I have been diamond in the past. He rarely uses all 4 Tier Suite Upgrades and has offered to let me have one. Unfortunately WofH does not allow.

Doesn't make sense to me. Why allow Globalists perks and not allow usage of TSUs?

Anyone?

Being a frequent flyertalk and travel blog reader, it doesn't seem anyone else is complaing about this even though I've read lots and lots of globalists state they end up wasting some of theirs.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
I am Explorist, but regularly stay as Guest of Honor on my friend's account to get Globalist perks. I have been diamond in the past. He rarely uses all 4 Tier Suite Upgrades and has offered to let me have one. Unfortunately WofH does not allow.

Doesn't make sense to me. Why allow Globalists perks and not allow usage of TSUs?

Anyone?
They have to draw the line somewhere. This was drawn to balance the known supply of suites against the unknown number of top tier.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Pretty simple solution from me.
Bring back the elite bonus points for check in, and I'd switch back in a second.
Unfortunately, I'm the type of elite they don't want. Log mostly one night stays at Hyatt Place properties and cheaper Hyatt properties then squirrel away points for a long stay in Kauai.
I will really miss Hyatt as I love their properties, but without the elite check in bonus, I don't spend enough to warrant going out of my way to stay with Hyatt like I did for years. I'm going from ~45 nights a year, down to zero this year (save for 4 nights in Jamaica buring points) :-(
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:15 pm

Top tier Elite breakfast option at the property's restaurant would be nice, since I'm not a huge fan of the Lounge breakfast buffets.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Visconti
Top tier Elite breakfast option at the property's restaurant would be nice, since I'm not a huge fan of the Lounge breakfast buffets.
I wish for that too but not gonna happen. Places have already made the lounge breakfast almost uneatable due to penny pinching.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:43 pm

5th night free like the other big chains.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.