Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Realistic improvements you want from WoH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Realistic improvements you want from WoH

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Every good loyalty program has a good Brg program. Hyatt has a program and a brg along with that but neither are good.
Every hotel chain has a BRG. I still don't see that as part of the loyalty program any more than a good mattress or a AAA rate. Did the BRG change as part of the GP -> WoH change? Is the BRG mentioned anywhere in the WoH T&C? If you look at the Claims page for Hyatt's BRG, you will notice that the WoH number is optional, i.e., you don't have to be a WoH member to invoke this guarantee.

I am not saying that they shouldn't have a useful/usable program. i also think HP should have a better breakfast. But I thought this thread was about what's broken about WoH.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
HH/HP -- A lot of ex-Diamonds stayed at HH/HP for the night/stay credits and now have little need for those brands. If they are not shooting for 60 paid nights, many of them have put HH/HP in the rear-view mirror.

Brand Explorer -- Why even tie it to the calendar? When you hit 5, you start over. simple.

It's silly, if not insulting, the way Hyatt touts this once-in-a-lifetime benefit (counting each of the group-of-5 brands as once-in-a-lifetime) as life-changing. I have a feeling this promotion is just going to clutter our account pages until death rescues us from it.

Pretty much agree with the rest. Also:

Non-stay spend: Make it automatic, tied to the Hyatt Card. If there is a Hyatt Card spend that says "Hyatt", then that gets treated the same as if it happened under a spend: 5x base points plus any bonus.

Rollover nights: No-brainer.

Green points for skipped housekeeping: SPG and Marriott have this, if not others.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

Realistic levels for elite tiers. 55/60 is plain ridiculous. If you want to have a top level that high, fine, but ...

(I agree with several of the OP suggestions, too)
Well my feelings are that based on the things I want from Hyatt, I have to be willing to give. The improvements I suggested to me, require steeper requirements to balance the value.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Roll over nights. An interesting suggestion. I guess I personally a) don't see myself doing measurably more than 60 (tough enough) and b) since you get bonus dsu or points for 70/80/90 etc I didn't really think of it. I guess that could be useful if they got rid of the bonus points/dsu for each 10 nights over 60. I couldn't see having both things but I would be good with roll over.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I would be 100% loyal again to Hyatt with just two minor adjustments:

-A reasonable level for Globalist qualification. I would do 30 stays, or even 40 stays. Even 45/50 nights would be a serious stretch but could be something I could realistically attain. 60 nights is ridiculous, especially given the footprint.

-Some (any) incentive to stay at HH or HP. 500 point amenity, or I like the idea of 5k points for 10 stays as suggested above.

​​That's all they would have to do.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maewest
This is not correct - I have been contacted by a member of the WOH engagement team after filling out a post-stay survey with the express intent to get feedback on the new program changes and how I've been affected. There is a separate thread on FT regarding this topic. This is a departure than the usual contact from someone from the property when a survey was filled out pre-WOH.
More precisely, based on the limited data we have it's only globs that are still spending money with Hyatt and bother to fill out a survey with negative comments.
I was also contacted and I summarized my assessment of all the aspects of WoH, good (TSU on award stays) and bad (most everything else).

If Hyatt doesn't care, then why bother with reaching out? So I have to assume there is effort to reassess.

If there are no substantive changes by the end of 2017, then I will exit WoH in 2018, even if I complete 60 nights this year.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
How about just giving globalists the defined benefits without having to argue? Just checked into the HH San Juan and was told the latest possible check out was 2 PM, not because of availability but as a blanket policy of the hotel regardless of what WoH says. I called the Globalist line to have them tell the front desk the policy and 2 different people (HUCA) told me the wrong things. One said that HH does not honor late check out and the other said 2 PM was the latest. After getting a manager (after being told none were available) she immediately granted the 4 PM check out.

Also why not have a print out of benefits at each hotel. I see this every now and then and it is great and easy to understand. Our breakfast policy is x, we have a club or we don't, etc. While they are at it, why not update or create a checkin script to ask these questions EVERY TIME such as do you require a late check out?

The WoH program is a fit for me with my current travel but the part that is a turn off is the lack of standardization within the chain. I will make Globalist again next month and then I will switch my business to Marriott as there is no real perk for me to hit 100 nights like I did last year when I cannot get basic benefits applied consistently.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
They need to start counting award nights for status. Almost all of the other main hotel chains do it, most with more properties worldwide and some with less night requirements.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:47 pm

5th night free on award nights like all the other major chains.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Every hotel chain has a BRG. I still don't see that as part of the loyalty program any more than a good mattress or a AAA rate. Did the BRG change as part of the GP -> WoH change? Is the BRG mentioned anywhere in the WoH T&C? If you look at the Claims page for Hyatt's BRG, you will notice that the WoH number is optional, i.e., you don't have to be a WoH member to invoke this guarantee.
​​​​​.
Perhaps this is why it's garbage.
Make BRG WoH-only. Get rid of the idiotic not customer friendly terms with instead of a Spg approach. It's a win win.
​​​​​​
Old May 19, 2017, 10:09 pm

Explorists are being short-changed too compared to Hilton Gold or Marriott Gold. A very simple change, which would make a lot of Explorists more loyal and perhaps even produce some future Globalists, is to make the 4 annual 'Club Awards' into 'Breakfast Awards' ... basically at full service hotels without a Regency club, allow Explorists to still use one of their 4 awards to enjoy breakfast during their stay. Simple and a tasteful benefit for mid-tier elites who survive the 30-nights qualifier.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:18 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I'm actually fairly happy with the suite upgrades -- expected nothing and was pleasantly surprised a few times -- so I think my top-3 fixes would be:

- Increased points earning. With the loss of 1W and DN points and a bland promo, my earnings are less than 1/4 of what they used to be. Very hard to justify staying with Hyatt over other programs. Especially at HH/HP, where Globs get no benefits at all.

- Fix the mess of DSUs expiration (should be end of status year), different validity of free night certs (some 3 months, some a year) ... simplify the rules!

- Qualifying award nights. I'm actually fine with 60 nights total, but if 60 paid nights are required, I end up spending 80-100 at Hyatts when factoring in redemptions ... ludicrous given the small footprint.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I too would like to see the 4 Club Access Awards for Explorists changed to allow it to be used for breakfast at properties that do not have a club.

I'm planning stays for next year when I will drop to Explo, and I feel pressure to choose GH or HR over PH and Andaz, since we can get full lounge access at the former vs absolutely nothing at the latter.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:26 am

1. Merge with another major chain, do away with WoH, develop competitive loyalty/marketing program. Would also improve Hyatt footprint.

2. Failing that, in the meantime, revisit the tier names. These names are just ridiculous. I can't even say Globalist/Glob, Explorist, or Discoverist with a straight face.

3. As of now WoH does nothing - zero - to incentivize staying with Hyatt for me. I continue to stay at my favorite Hyatt properties in spite of WoH, not because of it. Maybe that's the kind of irrational loyalty Hyatt is after? I don't know. If this program is to be taken seriously, they need to make guests feel valued and rewarded again. I know the previous program was too generous at times, but WoH has overcompensated and thrown the baby out with the bath water. Hyatt, you cannot ask more of guests in terms of tier qualification criteria, and at the same time not offer anything better in return.

3. Customer Service is no longer what it once was. I refuse to jump through hoops. I'll just stay elsewhere where I feel I am treated well. You have to earn our business, it's not the other way around.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It is time to move on. The WOH is here to stay. If you like it great. If you don't, try out another program. These programs tie people to the idea that some day it will be better. Why pine for something which does not exist? Make a choice based on rational thought rather than pretending that everything will be magically changed to benefit you.
Wrong. Lay down or try to honestly make a program better ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.