Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Why do resort fees still show on bookings when you're logged in as a Globalist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

See post title.

How hard could this IT problem be to solve? It makes it very hard to figure out the price of the room as a Globalist.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by stvr
See post title.

How hard could this IT problem be to solve? It makes it very hard to figure out the price of the room as a Globalist.
The resort fee msg also shows up when booking an award (as an Exploder). Stupid.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Because some Globalists might not know that the resort fee shouldn't be charged any more, and an unscrupulous hotel will pocket the difference.

IT would also struggle with differentiating between Globalist today and Globalist at the time of stay. (without knowing whether or not you will re-qualify)
Old May 19, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
IT would also struggle with differentiating between Globalist today and Globalist at the time of stay. (without knowing whether or not you will re-qualify)
It should be able to tell if I am guaranteed to be eligible for a fee waiver (award or stay when member is still a Glob). It could show a different message if a Glob isn't guaranteed to be requalified by the time of the stay. E.g., "If you requalify for Glob status by the time of the stay, this fee will not apply your you".

Just a bunch of IF statements. Hyatt is just too lazy/cheap/... to invest in this. Maybe they are considering removing the fee waivers down the road? "We have gotten feedback from our loyal members that our rules are too complex, so effective Jan 1, 2018 we simplified the conditions under which Resort Fees apply. They now always apply."
Old May 19, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Because some Globalists might not know that the resort fee shouldn't be charged any more, and an unscrupulous hotel will pocket the difference.
This!

I can totally see some hotels playing naive on this point. There's already been a couple reports on needing to argue at checkout about it.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Yeah, in addition to not wanting to do the IT work to make resort fees drop off for Globalists online, they are leaving the resort fees on at online reservation so that the guest has to work/be an astute bill reader to get them removed at checkout.

On a trip to Vegas I realized that the resort fees serve another purpose in addition to just being a blatant grab for revenue. They make the bill much more confusing, because in addition to the room night and tax charges you now have an extra charge and tax for each night on your bill. Learning to read a bill and identify erroneously charged items becomes an art when the bill has twenty or thirty or more line items on it.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:16 pm
soy

Programs: various
of all the IT problems Hyatt has, this is very far down the list
Old May 20, 2017, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe Hyatt is trying to make Globs feel better by showing us all the resort fees we're not paying.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soy
of all the IT problems Hyatt has, this is very far down the list
Of all the IT problems Hyatt has, this is very far down on the list together with all the other problems.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So do we have to take care of the resort fee at check out each time?
Old May 22, 2017, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm still having trouble with being billed for internet. It's happened at least twice this year.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm still having trouble with being billed for internet. It's happened at least twice this year.
I got charged for breakfast during a recent stay. I'm a points burning glob. I called from my room to check out and didn't check my bill for a few days. Still waiting for a call from the hotel's accounting.

I'm going to be reading my bills much closer in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.