Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suite upgrade using points

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Suite upgrade using points

I have a confirmed reservation for a suite using points for next February.
I'd like to add night to the existing, and I see the suite available online.
However, when calling, I was told that the suite was available for revenue bookings but not for points bookings.

This sounds like the runaround I and multiple others have been given at one time or another regarding using DSU/TSU. "DSU is available for a cash stay, but not cash and points booking." Ultimately that proved to be not true and there were many misinformed agents.

I was under the impression that if the suite was available for booking, it could be booked using points and there were no capacity controls (other than the 3 night minimum). Is that not the case?
Old May 18, 2017, 1:10 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Pickles1107,

Could you please send a Private Message with your reservation details? I would be happy to further assist.

Please find below an excerpt from our World of Hyatt Complete Terms & Conditions page:

2. Redeeming Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem a Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award when making the underlying reservation. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that offer suite accommodations (subject to the exclusions set forth below). For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are only valid for standard suites, defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category, and are subject to availability. There are a limited number of standard suites available at each hotel and resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards cannot be redeemed for premium suites (i.e., any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites or similar suite categories), as designated by the applicable hotel or resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only where the designated suite to be reserved is available for the entire length of the Member’s stay. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-7 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Pickles1107,

Could you please send a Private Message with your reservation details? I would be happy to further assist.

Please find below an excerpt from our World of Hyatt Complete Terms & Conditions page:

2. Redeeming Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem a Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award when making the underlying reservation. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that offer suite accommodations (subject to the exclusions set forth below). For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are only valid for standard suites, defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category, and are subject to availability. There are a limited number of standard suites available at each hotel and resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards cannot be redeemed for premium suites (i.e., any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites or similar suite categories), as designated by the applicable hotel or resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only where the designated suite to be reserved is available for the entire length of the Member’s stay. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-7 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
I am inquiring about the straight use of points for a suite, not using a Tier Suite Award instrument.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:01 pm

I am in exact same situation - using extra points for a suite. Very curious to hear response...
Old May 18, 2017, 8:08 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Mstrbldr,

After the OP had PM'd their information it was determined that the Suite that they had confirmed for previous nights, was not available for the other requested dates and therefore that is why they were told they were unable to extend their suite on points.

Please Private Message if you're in need of assistance.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Mstrbldr,

After the OP had PM'd their information it was determined that the Suite that they had confirmed for previous nights, was not available for the other requested dates and therefore that is why they were told they were unable to extend their suite on points.

Please Private Message if you're in need of assistance.
The suite is available online for my requested date but apparently only for revenue bookings, not points redemptions.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hotels aren't obligated to offer suite upgrades for points.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107
The suite is available online for my requested date but apparently only for revenue bookings, not points redemptions.
That is what my frustration was all along. For example, Hyatt Ziva has only 4 Pyramid suites in their massive property although they have hundreds and hundreds of rooms. Of those 4 suites, they only allow TWO available for confirmed upgrade at time of booking. It can be very frustrating trying to take my family somewhere over relatively high occupancy time, when only TWO rooms are available. Seems to me World of Hyatt should adobt rules requiring certain amount of suites to be available using TSU and extra points. Maybe based on percentage of rooms, or some other customer friendly way.

I've found this at countless other properties, including Coconut Point and Grand Cypress. I know many of these suites are given to non suite purchasing customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.