hyatt mlife loophole

Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Are we seriously discussing such a loophole in an open thread and expect it to continue working??
It's worked for over a year now out in the open…
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
That on the other hand doesn't surprise me at all given the combined utter incompetence of Hyatt and MLife.

Nevertheless...
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That on the other hand doesn't surprise me at all given the combined utter incompetence of Hyatt and MLife.

Nevertheless...
And it's Explorist status, so no big loss if this stops working anyway.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:12 am

Too bad they don't match to Mlife plat anymore.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The 4 club awards appeared instantly, but the status expiration did not change. On reading your question I renewed the page and still no change, but then I signed out and signed back in and now Explorist status is valid until Feb 29, 2020 ^

And I just received an email welcoming me to "another year as a WoH Explorist" So it would appear that I have no need to stay beyond the 24 nights I already have this year unless we want to, although we are actually thinking of Seragaki in Oct or Nov, or if that falls through possibly Tokyo again. The extra club awards will allow be to lock in both HR and GH Tokyo as well as Seragaki in addition to a 13-night stay at GH Hong Kong in Feb.

I'm still hoping that sometime in the future Hyatt will start allowing these club awards to be used for breakfast at properties that do not have a club, but maybe that is a fool's hope...
Tried the above, and exact same happened:

1. Explorist status til Feb 2020
2. 4 more club awards
3. Got the same email
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Nevertheless...
I'm mostly interested in the MLife Gold side of the tick-tock, TBH (I trial matched to Hyatt Explorist via my company for three months, then got MLife Gold during those three months, and now...). I go to Vegas enough that free valet/self parking at MGM properties (aka Vegas circa 2014 or so) is useful and the MLife offers for Golds or the Royal Offers aren't bad. The problem with Hyatt vs. Hilton for me is a) Explorist is weaker than Gold as an elite status, b) Hyatt's coverage in places I often travel to is considerably weaker and c) Hyatt's price points where I travel also tend to be too expensive (I'm usually OK with limited service hotels). It's nice to be able to dump some points from MLife into Hyatt and I find their points useful... but the overall package is not compelling enough to switch many stays from Hilton or even just hotels.com, even with Explorist.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:23 pm

It is still working! My Hyatt status dropped from Discoverist to nothing this month. Then I remember that I had matched to MLife Gold from the free Hyatt Plat from United MPC card back in 2016. I am still MLife Gold, so did the reverse and got Explorist immediately. Called in to add 2 club level access for 2 rooms for 7 days each. The club rooms were $300 extra per night for 7 nights. Saved over $4000, not that I would book them in the first place though with that rate.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did this today with my wife's account. Explorist status extended to February 2020, and four new club lounge certs expiring one year from today.
skywalkerLAX and BigE like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:51 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Explorist Club Access awards now expire at the same time as your elite membership, not a year from qualifying, so there's no longer any reason to wait until later in the year to do an Mlife->Hyatt Explorist match.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ration-policy/

I just re-upped Explorist status and 4 new club upgrades show as valid through Feb 29 2020. This link worked for me but only after signing into my Mlife account in another tab and signing *out* of my Hyatt account.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For whatever reason, my MLife account still shows Platinum status, so I tried this again today. Same thing happened: got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I logged back into WoH, my Explorist status remains until February 2019, but I now have another four upgrades added to my account ("12 Earned 2 Redeemed 10 Available"). The expiration date on the Club Upgrades still reads "Expiration Date Feb/28/2018".

I'll have to check after March 1st to see if my tier expiration date gets bumped ahead to 2020, and whether all remaining club upgrades actually disappear.
So now I have the weird case where my Explorist status is listed as until February 28 2019, but my Club Access certs are good until February 29 2020.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended

So now I have the weird case where my Explorist status is listed as until February 28 2019, but my Club Access certs are good until February 29 2020.
Same.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Same.
Which is fine with me if it holds. Club certs are the only part of Explorist status that I care about.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Explorist Club Access awards now expire at the same time as your elite membership, not a year from qualifying, so there's no longer any reason to wait until later in the year to do an Mlife->Hyatt Explorist match.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ration-policy/

I just re-upped Explorist status and 4 new club upgrades show as valid through Feb 29 2020. This link worked for me but only after signing into my Mlife account in another tab and signing *out* of my Hyatt account.
Did they just fix it...?

"We're sorry! We're currently unable to process your request. Please try again later.
Your M life Rewards and World of Hyatt accounts have already been matched."
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:10 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Did they just fix it...?

"We're sorry! We're currently unable to process your request. Please try again later.
Your M life Rewards and World of Hyatt accounts have already been matched."
I got a message like that the first time I tried, when I was logged into both my Mlife and Hyatt accounts. Only when I tried it logged into Mlife and logged out of Hyatt did it work, and I have both my status level and the 4 new club awards showing as valid through Feb 2020.

Could be worth trying a different browser or an incognito window if it's not coming up right for you.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, now I don't think that I received any new club certs doing this. Just my old club certs now have a longer experation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.