hyatt mlife loophole

Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:01 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by BigE
I expected to drop to gold today, but I'm still Mlife Platinum. Hmm. Maybe they're just slow to change it.

Previously, I was able to get my wife the same status, but at some point we got 'disconnected'. I called in to get her upgraded to my status but they said that they don't do that for Mlife status through a partner. Maybe they've cracked down on this? Might still work in person at an Mlife desk, though.
Have you by any chance ever had a player's club account at the Borgata in Atlantic City? As part of them recently joining Mlife, they gave everyone a status freeze to this Mlife year, I think because Borgata playing history didn't necessarily carry over into people's 2016-17 Mlife status calculation. But if you had Mlife Platinum through other means and hadn't gambled at the Borgata in years, I think that still meant you were able to carry over the status.

Also possible they just haven't updated the site.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
I also expected to drop to gold but am still MLife platinum until Sept 30, 2018. No reason for this, Maybe they are slow to update from WOH.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by reubenfairbird
I also expected to drop to gold but am still MLife platinum until Sept 30, 2018. No reason for this, Maybe they are slow to update from WOH.
The Mlife site notes this explicitly:
Please be advised that our systems are undergoing routine maintenance causing a delay in Tier Level and Tier Credit balance.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:08 am

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Have you by any chance ever had a player's club account at the Borgata in Atlantic City? As part of them recently joining Mlife, they gave everyone a status freeze to this Mlife year [...]
+1

I got this in the mail today:

Having the free valet parking at the MGM National Harbor ($25 otherwise, and $45 overnight) is a pretty nice perk. Makes it very easy to make a quick stop in w/ out of town guests, etc.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:56 pm

Prior to the Borgota / Mlife changeover, I had Black Label through status match & Mlife Platinum through status match from Hyatt. Fortunately, when converting to Mlife from Black Label, I maintained Mlife Platinum until September, 2018. My Wife was also Black Label but Mlife Gold. She also kept Gold until September, 2018. Tried to merge our accounts @ the Borgota so she could get Platinum but they did not have the capability. Said because they were so new to Mlife. Was told I needed to go to National Harbor which is the closest. Once we complete the account merge, will have my Wife match to Hyatt. I'll wait until March, 2018 to match when my status expires. I'm curious to see how this all pans out. On a side note, enjoyed Bally's A.C. Diamond lounge today due to match from Black Label. Matched TR Diamond to Wyndham Diamond which expires Dec. 31st. TR Diamond expires January 31, 2018 so hoping I can match to Wyndham again in January and match back to TR for another year. To think I received all these matches w/ lowly IHG Platinum in addition to Hilton Diamond & Hyatt Diamond two years ago is freaking awesome.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by reubenfairbird
Consider yourself lucky. I was bumped to Sapphire. Just in time for an upcoming stay.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Not so lucky When checking again, I was been downgraded to gold. Will have to see how that plays out at the end of Febuary re matching my Hyatt status.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
M-Life question -- in order to receive Hyatt stay credit, do I need to book directly through Hyatt? If I book, say, directly through the MGM hotel of my choice, can I credit the stay to Hyatt?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:36 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
M-Life question -- in order to receive Hyatt stay credit, do I need to book directly through Hyatt? If I book, say, directly through the MGM hotel of my choice, can I credit the stay to Hyatt?
You can definitely book through mLife and credit to Hyatt. The mLife prices are usually (I want to say "always") lower than prices on hyatt.com for the same room.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I wonder if mlife is going to keep that disclaimer up till February. Then drop everyone back when most of our WOH status is about to drop.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
The Mlife site notes this explicitly:
Please be advised that our systems are undergoing routine maintenance causing a delay in Tier Level and Tier Credit balance.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I wonder if mlife is going to keep that disclaimer up till February. Then drop everyone back when most of our WOH status is about to drop.
The disclaimer is no longer there for my DW & me. We remain at Gold, presumably because of our Explorist status.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beltway
The disclaimer is no longer there for my DW & me. We remain at Gold, presumably because of our Explorist status.
Yeah. I just saw that tonight; my gold mlife exp 09/2018 now. My Explorist status set to expire 2/2018. I'm hoping that I can extend. Haven't had a chance to use my club passes yet and have 2 stays coming up after Feb.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
You can definitely book through mLife and credit to Hyatt. The mLife prices are usually (I want to say "always") lower than prices on hyatt.com for the same room.
Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:23 pm

Question: I've got MLife gold and would like to give spouse status. There are MGM resorts in Biloxi and Tunica, MS. If I take spouse in to confirm his account with ID etc, will they match status to me? We aren't going to get back to Vegas for a while.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looks like all club awards expire Feb 28, 2018.

Shame there's no MLife status that maps to Glob.
For whatever reason, my MLife account still shows Platinum status, so I tried this again today. Same thing happened: got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I logged back into WoH, my Explorist status remains until February 2019, but I now have another four upgrades added to my account ("12 Earned 2 Redeemed 10 Available"). The expiration date on the Club Upgrades still reads "Expiration Date Feb/28/2018".

I'll have to check after March 1st to see if my tier expiration date gets bumped ahead to 2020, and whether all remaining club upgrades actually disappear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.