Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jeff Zidell leaving Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I haven't stayed at a Hyatt since WOH was announced and I can't believe I am the only one who fit that mold from Diamond to zero stays
Old May 11, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
The downward spiral continues unabated.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Miesque
I haven't stayed at a Hyatt since WOH was announced and I can't believe I am the only one who fit that mold from Diamond to zero stays
From 50 nights last year to 2 this year :-).
Old May 11, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have zero stays as well. I do have 12 nights upcoming, and I have to do 1 for the promo, but I suspect that's all they're going to get from me this year.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
50 night diamond now only 4 paid nights in PH, GH and HR. I started trying out SPG this year and got my 50 nights. I found it really is an awesome program with so many redeeming opportunities with Marriott and SPG, and much cheaper

will see if I could push to 60 nights in the second half of the year, problem is I gain so little points by staying at HP/HH so it's hard to qualify by just full-service stays.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:46 am

You are far from alone. I'm an early thirties lawyer at a large New York law firm and was a Diamond for over 5 years. I have zero stays with Hyatt this year, having moved all spend to SPG and Hilton.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I really think that the new program was developed outside of Zidell's hands. He was then tasked to spin dreck into gold and finally got tired of the negative feedback about something he had no control over.
This would be my guess.

There was a report a while back that "WoH" was the brainchild of someone in the C suite, and was forced on those below.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
35 nights last year (alas only qualified me for Plat/exploitist), zero this year. Have a 7 night award stay coming up, though, which likely is my only engagement with WoH this year.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
This would be my guess.

There was a report a while back that "WoH" was the brainchild of someone in the C suite, and was forced on those below.
Maybe that someone was a student intern.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: All the programs!
WOH sucks. Hopefully whoever follows will fix or bring back elements of Gold Passport.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... now if the VP/CIO would "spend more time with family" for the website uptime woes.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure I'd describe the situation as a significant devaluation over years. Yes, FFN went away and did not return, but it was initiated when the economy was bad and travel was down. It was understandable that HGP couldn't continue to offer the FFN promo. Jeff said as much.
It wasn't FFNs, as that was a sideshow compared to how the killing was handled for the property level G bonuses, Platinun Extras and so on.

I tolerated all those Hyatt games because the overall picture of being a published top-tier Hyatt customer was good enough for me. However, it got bad enough that Hyatt's struggling to get back my business. Amusingly, the 20-night fast track promo is easier than the 25 stays I had to do earlier at a min. But I'm more of a burn my Hyatt points customer at this point than trying to rack 'em up faster than I can use them. The days of me wanting to maintain six or seven figure Hyatt point balances are over.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 11, 2017 at 11:26 am
Old May 11, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm more of a burn my Hyatt points customer at this point than trying to rack 'em up faster than I can use them. The days of me wanting to maintain six or seven figure Hyatt point balances are over.
And stay tuned for the points devaluation.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Kacee
And stay tuned for the points devaluation.
Indeed. While I expect it to get worse with Hyatt, in ways we have already been through major Hyatt points devaluations under Jeff Zidell. The Hyatt award charts changes over the past ten years look rather bad. For how long was Jeff Zidell in charge of Hyatt's loyalty program?
Old May 11, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
36 nights last year for me, and 1 award stay at an airport HP this year. I admittedly miss the familiarity of Hyatt, but have found being a free agent quite liberating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.