Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Yes, that's exactly what happened with my status. After I hit 10 nights, I received an email saying I earned Explorist and noticed that my expiration went from 2019 to 2020. Then it updated to globalist after my 20th night. I can also confirm that award nights counted for me.

Lastly, all 8 lounge certs still show up in my account I haven't called to see if you can exchange them for anything, but they are useless as far as I can tell once you hit globalist.
Redundant, not useless. You could just as easily say that the certificates are useful for lounge entry but Globalist is not.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by JackE
Redundant, not useless. You could just as easily say that the certificates are useful for lounge entry but Globalist is not.
What does this even mean? Globalist is useful for lounge entry, and i don't have to call to apply a certificate.

If your post was just meant to clarify that someone could still waste time to apply one of these for something they get as a globalist with no effort already; thanks, i guess. Maybe worthless would be more accurate.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:16 pm

Just completed this. I somehow expected having to do a mattress run for the last day, but apparently a FHR booking counts (had the front desk attach my WoH number at check-in). Checked out Sunday, got notification of my Explorist status yesterday.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

What does this even mean? Globalist is useful for lounge entry, and i don't have to call to apply a certificate.

If your post was just meant to clarify that someone could still waste time to apply one of these for something they get as a globalist with no effort already; thanks, i guess. Maybe worthless would be more accurate.
If you qualify for something in two different ways, then it's silly to complain that one way is "useless".

For example, in California you can use the car-pool lane if, of course, you are in a car pool. You can also use it if you have an electric vehicle. One way is not better than the other; they are simply redundant.

Similarly, you might have club access in two different ways. Hard to pinpoint which one is "useless", and a waste of time to try.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by JackE
If you qualify for something in two different ways, then it's silly to complain that one way is "useless".

For example, in California you can use the car-pool lane if, of course, you are in a car pool. You can also use it if you have an electric vehicle. One way is not better than the other; they are simply redundant.

Similarly, you might have club access in two different ways. Hard to pinpoint which one is "useless", and a waste of time to try.
Except here it's not hard at all to pinpoint which one is useless. One way (globalist) is clearly better because it's automatic, unlimited and takes no effort. Your example would make more sense if you had to stop at a special checkpoint to verify that you were in a carpool. The ultimate benefit may be the same, but one takes more effort, so why would anyone with an electric car go through the checkpoint to qualify as a carpool.

And I was not complaining about the certificates; I was simply responding to an earlier question regarding whether the certificates became moot after obtaining globalist status. IMO they do become worthless/useless after you obtain globalist. This is not a bad thing; it's nice not to have to worry about calling to apply a certificate.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Except here it's not hard at all to pinpoint which one is useless. One way (globalist) is clearly better because it's automatic, unlimited and takes no effort. Your example would make more sense if you had to stop at a special checkpoint to verify that you were in a carpool. The ultimate benefit may be the same, but one takes more effort, so why would anyone with an electric car go through the checkpoint to qualify as a carpool.

And I was not complaining about the certificates; I was simply responding to an earlier question regarding whether the certificates became moot after obtaining globalist status. IMO they do become worthless/useless after you obtain globalist. This is not a bad thing; it's nice not to have to worry about calling to apply a certificate.
Presumably, if there were a checkpoint to see if you are qualified as a carpool, the checkpoint would also see if you are qualified as an EV. It wouldn't really matter if the cops count heads or look for proof of being an EV. They are redundant.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:22 am

So regarding redundant club certificates, would they be useful on a 2nd room booked by a globalist?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist, MARRIOTT Platinum Elite, HILTON Diamond
Does anyone know if the 5 qualifying nights from the chase credit card would qualify ? From what I learned reward stays also count and it would be 90 days from the day you start and it can go in to January based on rep.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Reward stays count. Highly unlikely the CC nights count, nor should they.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:24 am

Point stays and P + C stays count. Credit card nights (either the 5 for having the card or the 2 for spending) do not. Those are a first-hand DP. I am nearly certain that award stays (credit card annual cert, 5-brand, etc.) would count as well but no first-hand experience with them.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
For those who enrolled and did this promotion - did you receive any sort of signup confirmation once you enrolled? Was there any way to track your progress?

I called WOH today to try to confirm that I was enrolled in this - I spent 2 hours on the phone with them getting bounced around and results were inconclusive. I signed up using my WOH number and employer email address, got the verification email at my work email, and then clicked to get the confirmation website. WOH says I am not enrolled in any promotions/challenges. They also repeatedly suggested that I call my company's HR/Travel dept to inquire about enrollment :facepalm:

I completed a similar challenge in the past with a different employer (prior to WOH when top tier was still called Diamond) and it's also a bit of work for me to change all of my SPG stays to Hyatt, hence my paranoia/concern. I read the T&C for this offer and saw nothing about this not being open to members who have done it in the past, etc. I am currently Explorist and am planning to go for Globalist through this promo.

Last edited by immaculate; Oct 25, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist, MARRIOTT Platinum Elite, HILTON Diamond
Originally Posted by immaculate
For those who enrolled and did this promotion - did you receive any sort of signup confirmation once you enrolled? Was there any way to track your progress?

I called WOH today to try to confirm that I was enrolled in this - I spent 2 hours on the phone with them getting bounced around and results were inconclusive. I signed up using my WOH number and employer email address, got the verification email at my work email, and then clicked to get the confirmation website. WOH says I am not enrolled in any promotions/challenges. They also repeatedly suggested that I call my company's HR/Travel dept to inquire about enrollment :facepalm:

I completed a similar challenge in the past with a different employer (prior to WOH when top tier was still called Diamond) and it's also a bit of work for me to change all of my SPG stays to Hyatt, hence my paranoia/concern. I read the T&C for this offer and saw nothing about this not being open to members who have done it in the past, etc. I am currently Explorist and am planning to go for Globalist through this promo.
Yes, I got an email confirmation 2 days after enrollment.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by immaculate
Like the other poster, I got an email confirmation about 3 days after I registered. "You're Registered – Welcome to Explorist Status." If you weren't already Explorist, you'd see that status bumped instantly upon registering, with an expiration of 90 days, also the end date of the promo.

As far as tracking, you're basically on your own for counting up qualifying nights during the promo. Your counter in your account will mix in credit card nights and such, which can throw you off. You will get an email confirmation after 10 nights though confirming explorist status through Feb 2020.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:44 am

Hi all. Longtime lurker, first time poster - created an account in the hope of getting some clarity.

I'm currently a 'full' Globalist and will likely not reach 55 nights this year. I signed up for the 20 night promo with my corporate email and received the confirmation email. I contacted the Concierge who initially (similar to stories above) seemed confused and didn't know what I was talking about, then said as a current Globalist, I'm not eligible. I've read conflicting reports on here - so does it maybe work because it's 'officially' not allowed, but they can't keep track from an IT perspective?

I've specifically made reservations to reach 20 nights but would love to know in advance if it'll be in vain...
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by antipodes88
Hi all. Longtime lurker, first time poster - created an account in the hope of getting some clarity.

I'm currently a 'full' Globalist and will likely not reach 55 nights this year. I signed up for the 20 night promo with my corporate email and received the confirmation email. I contacted the Concierge who initially (similar to stories above) seemed confused and didn't know what I was talking about, then said as a current Globalist, I'm not eligible. I've read conflicting reports on here - so does it maybe work because it's 'officially' not allowed, but they can't keep track from an IT perspective?

I've specifically made reservations to reach 20 nights but would love to know in advance if it'll be in vain...
I really really doubt they will let you do this... it seemed almost unintentional that they allowed it last year with the cc promo...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.