Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Slytherin23
Anyone try matching the trial Explorist status to MLife?
Will not work for trial status.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Do award night stays count towards the 20 this year?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adambadam
Do award night stays count towards the 20 this year?
Yes. Award stays are night credit eligible.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by caliform
Will not work for trial status.
The trial status doesn't work - the matching link will go to an error page. However, once you hit the 10 nights to qualify for Explorist through Feb 2020, you're good to go for the MLife Gold match.

In my case, I was active on this promo with trial Explorist, then opened the WoH credit card granting Discoverist status. I believe I should have been able to match MLife Pearl at that point, but stil got the same error page until I hit my 10 nights.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:36 pm
formerly atomicfront

So with the trial I don't get the 4 Club Level accesses? I have to stay 10 nights in 90 days and then I would get them? It seems other than a chance at an upgraded room the Explorist status doesn't give you much over Discoverist. I have a stay in Paris next month I wonder what the odds of getting an upgraded room are. Stayed a Week at a Hyatt a month ago and they did not want to give me 2PM check-out instead they gave me 2k points and didn't even get my bottles of water. Wonder if Explorist is as worthless.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
MLife stays qualified last year for the fast track promo in the fall. Similar here?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by atomicfront
So with the trial I don't get the 4 Club Level accesses? I have to stay 10 nights in 90 days and then I would get them? It seems other than a chance at an upgraded room the Explorist status doesn't give you much over Discoverist. I have a stay in Paris next month I wonder what the odds of getting an upgraded room are. Stayed a Week at a Hyatt a month ago and they did not want to give me 2PM check-out instead they gave me 2k points and didn't even get my bottles of water. Wonder if Explorist is as worthless.
Yep, you have to get to 10 nights before you get them and if you hit the 20 nights count you don't get TSUs (Glob-Lite).

YMMV/YPMV (Your Property Might Vary) when it comes to elite treatment. I've previously gotten suite upgrades as a lowly Plat (pre-WOH) at the Palacio Duhau but others don't even give any acknowledgement or benefits to Globalists.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
does anyone know if free night awards count towards this fast track? one night short of 20 nights and thought of just using the free cat 1-4 cert somewhere...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by rooivalk
does anyone know if free night awards count towards this fast track? one night short of 20 nights and thought of just using the free cat 1-4 cert somewhere...
yes
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I was downgraded after 5 years as a Globalist to Explorist in March this year.

Considering doing this challenge / offer to obtain Globalist again.. miss the top tier elite benefits, beats Hilton and Marriott.

Quick question re DIamond Suite Upgrades - I had three that expired end of March 2018 - I understand that these now have a longer validity, will it be possible to have these re-instated / extended?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Quick question re DIamond Suite Upgrades - I had three that expired end of March 2018 - I understand that these now have a longer validity, will it be possible to have these re-instated / extended?
No.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:26 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by BaconSF

yes
How about the 5 qualifying night credits?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
How about the 5 qualifying night credits?
If you're talking about the 5 qualifying nights from the WoH card, they do not count.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Explorist until Feb 28, 2019, will this match kick in after 10 night to Feb 2020 and the Globalist after 20 total nights including award nights?

Still have 2 lounge certs good until 2020, so will have another 4 after 10 nights, but its moot with globalist?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by mhdena
Explorist until Feb 28, 2019, will this match kick in after 10 night to Feb 2020 and the Globalist after 20 total nights including award nights?

Still have 2 lounge certs good until 2020, so will have another 4 after 10 nights, but its moot with globalist?
Yes, that's exactly what happened with my status. After I hit 10 nights, I received an email saying I earned Explorist and noticed that my expiration went from 2019 to 2020. Then it updated to globalist after my 20th night. I can also confirm that award nights counted for me.

Lastly, all 8 lounge certs still show up in my account I haven't called to see if you can exchange them for anything, but they are useless as far as I can tell once you hit globalist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.