Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by skj
This is back ... The terms are the same as last year. A member must register for this offer and will receive Explorist status upgrade instantaneously. To keep the status through February 2020, the member must complete 10 nights within 90 days after registration. Members can get Globalist status by completing 20 nights over the same period.
Sorry, what's "this" (as in this is back)? Diamond (I'm still calling it that) is back for 20 nights as the thread title notes, or as you post Explorist (I wonder if anyone at Hyatt Marketing has spellcheck?) for 10 nights is back (was it ever the case during last year's promo)? Maybe a WoH URL would clear it up. Thx
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:58 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Sorry ... Thought I added the link to the wiki ...

It should be there now, and I'll note it here: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...trialtier.html

Last edited by skj; Apr 17, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Seriously? Boy am I stupid for giving Hyatt 60 nights a year. It is targeted to corporate accounts but who knows how widespread it is.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Unfortunately, as I read it, a Diamond can't use this to requalify... only a non-Diamond can use this to achieve Diamond.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:29 pm
skj

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Unfortunately, as I read it, a Diamond can't use this to requalify... only a non-Diamond can use this to achieve Diamond.
I don't recall the T&C's from last year's promo, but I think you confirmed (in posts earlier in this thread) that a current Glob couldn't use it to requalify. This is the same promo, as far as I can tell.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:35 pm

Link?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skj
I don't recall the T&C's from last year's promo, but I think you confirmed (in posts earlier in this thread) that a current Glob couldn't use it to requalify. This is the same promo, as far as I can tell.
Last year's CC promo absolutely allowed Globs to requalify. That's how I'm a Glob this year (I got 20 nights, finished the year with ~52 and didn't want to mattress run the last 5-10).

I just tried the link above and it worked for me. Here are the full T&C

General Terms: To qualify for this offer, World of Hyatt members must register between March 12, 2018, and November 28, 2018. Offer only valid for World of Hyatt members who are employed by an entity that has received an invitation from Hyatt for its employees to participate in this offer (any a “Qualifying Entity”). If you are not sure whether you work for a Qualifying Entity, check with your corporate travel manager. To participate, an eligible member must register with his or her valid email address issued by the Qualifying Entity (e.g., business email) through the dedicated offer-registration URL provided by Hyatt to the applicable Qualifying Entity.(If you need the URL, please ask your corporate travel manager.) Limit one offer per member. To earn credit towards this offer, member must check out of a reservation during his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period (each defined below), as applicable. If member checks into a reservation during his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period, but does not check out until after the Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period has ended, (s)he will not earn credit towards this offer for any nights stayed as part of that reservation. Stays completed by member prior to the start of his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a “Tier-Qualifying Night” for purposes of the World of Hyatt program). Explorist Trial Period and Qualification Period begin at registration and may not be extended. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. This offer is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program, available at worldofhyatt.com/terms.

Explorist Trial: Upon registration, World of Hyatt members with standard membership or Discoverist status will receive a trial upgrade to Explorist status for 90 days (“Explorist Trial Period”). The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) or be eligible to tier match into Gold status with M life Rewards, the loyalty program of MGM Resorts International, as part of the trial.To maintain Explorist status through February 2020, member must complete at least ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during his or her Explorist Trial Period. If member completes at least twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during his or her Explorist Trial Period, member will receive Globalist status through February 2020. If member earns a new elite status through this offer, his/her new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which (s)he completes the applicable requirement.

Globalist Quick-Qualify for Current Explorists: Upon registration, World of Hyatt members with Explorist status will have the opportunity to earn Globalist status through February 2020 by completing at least twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide within 90 days of registration. (This 90-day period is referred to as the member’s “Qualification Period.”) If member satisfies the above requirements during the Qualification Period, they will receive Globalist membership valid through February 2020. The offer will provide the member with the benefits of Globalist membership, provided that the member will not receive Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards, a Category 1-7 Free Night Award or My Hyatt Concierge (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms). His/her new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which (s)he completes the offer requirements.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:36 pm
skj

Originally Posted by jameswes
Last year's CC promo absolutely allowed Globs to requalify. That's how I'm a Glob this year (I got 20 nights, finished the year with ~52 and didn't want to mattress run the last 5-10).

I just tried the link above and it worked for me. Here are the full T&C
This promo, targeted at certain corporate customers, is not the same promo as the CC promo. I agree the CC promo allowed Globs to requalify, but according to earlier posts in this thread, it wasn't possible for a Glob to requalify, at least in last year's version of this promo.

I'm not attempting to register at this point, but will wait a few months, when my summer travel plans will take me close to the 20 nights in 90 days.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Everyone is a non-Diamond. WoH is enough of a material change from GP that it's not fair to use the old labels, regardless of how much you hate the term "Globalist"

So long as Globalist status isn't afforded during the qualification period, this holds zero interest to me. Have already moved on.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
If there is a Freddie award for making your very best customers feel like suckers, I am finally giving the new Hyatt my vote.
NJNY and itsallgood like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Oh. My. God.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:15 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
My company was eligible last year. Doesn’t appear to be this year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Meh. I don't qualify for the promo (and I never will for these corporate promos) and it doesn't seem like that many other people can either. Regardless, I am doing 60 nights for the TSUs with Hyatt (and travel this much nowadays anyways). Promo globs don't come with TSUs, so they aren't the same thing, and I bet we over-exaggerate the number of people that this really captures in our imaginations.This is probably way less than 1% of the travelling public.

The one thing about this is that the period one can register is practically all year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Meh. I don't qualify for the promo (and I never will for these corporate promos) and it doesn't seem like that many other people can either. Regardless, I am doing 60 nights for the TSUs with Hyatt (and travel this much nowadays anyways). Promo globs don't come with TSUs, so they aren't the same thing, and I bet we over-exaggerate the number of people that this really captures in our imaginations.This is probably way less than 1% of the travelling public.

The one thing about this is that the period one can register is practically all year.
My wager is that Hyatt management will announce this same status challenge with no restrictions, just like they did last year. Glob for everyone!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackE
If there is a Freddie award for making your very best customers feel like suckers, I am finally giving the new Hyatt my vote.
1) 20 nights in 3 mo is a lot - arguably harder than 55-60 in a year (but obviously depends on travel pattern)
2) even if one gets 20 nts there are no TSUs - again arguably the most valuable benefit which impacts availability for others
3) requirement is still tougher that SPG challenge, Marriott's taste of plat and hilton dia challenge
4) it would be foolish of hyatt not to try to acquire SPG elites disillusioned with generic marriott perks (and they are offering a challenge, not an outright match here)

Why such drama?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.